heys bb gurus,

Got a question here,whenever i switched to 2G, i lose that 4 dots(blackberry logo) thing? does it mean that I'm disconnected from BIS when I'm on 2G? cause all it shows when I'm on 2G is GPRS.. The logo comes back when i switch it back to 3G though.. any thoughts?

many thanks in advance!
    09-20-11 05:30 AM
    heys bb gurus,

Got a question here,whenever i switched to 2G, i lose that 4 dots(blackberry logo) thing? does it mean that I'm disconnected from BIS when I'm on 2G? cause all it shows when I'm on 2G is GPRS.. The logo comes back when i switch it back to 3G though.. any thoughts?

many thanks in advance!
    That's normal. You only see the dots wenn you are using 3G. Wenn you switched to 2G and GPRS is in uppercase you are also connected to BIS
    ianliang and simsim like this.
    09-20-11 05:42 AM
    That's normal. You only see the dots wenn you are using 3G. Wenn you switched to 2G and GPRS is in uppercase you are also connected to BIS
    Learned something new this morning!
    09-20-11 06:13 AM
    I'm pretty sure the four dots are actually for your wifi connection, not your cell connection.
    09-20-11 06:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure the four dots are actually for your wifi connection, not your cell connection.
    That's not correct. The 4 dots are also for your 3G cell connection
    09-20-11 06:53 AM
    That's not correct. The 4 dots are also for your 3G cell connection
    I only have them when I'm connected to wifi. They aren't there any other time but maybe different carriers treat them differently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:08 AM
    .. or sometimes EDGE(2G) in my case...
    09-20-11 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD