Hi,

My 9900 (White) is about 3 weeks old now.
    after using it for a while(4-5 days) it starts to lag, everything takes its own sweet time to open, i get a mail/bbm/whatsapp anything and immediately it is not shown in the notification area. It shows if i expand it or after some time.

I'm on 7.1.342 (updated on my own). I keep clearing my logs as well.

Any solution or tip to prevent it from happening.
    06-05-12 10:57 AM
    I kind of had the same problem when scrolling and stuff, I deleted a few apps I never use, like drivesafe, ispeech translator,Vlingo, popup, navita translator and i noticed it helped, the lag is gone for now. Try deleting apps u dont use or try to reinstall ur OS "clean".
    Last edited by BENZ_O; 06-05-12 at 11:45 AM.
    06-05-12 11:43 AM
    Have you set up your memory cleaner to clear out the old crap between uses?

Type Memory Cleaner from the Homescreen (uni search enabled) and set it up.
    06-05-12 11:57 AM
    Type Memory Cleaner from the Homescreen (uni search enabled) and set it up.
    Sorry to be dense, but how does one set it up? When I click on the application it just does its memory cleaner thing. How do I get to the memory cleaner options to ask it to do this for me periodically?

Thanks in advance...
    06-05-12 12:34 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-enable-m...rry-smartphone

That link should sort you out.

Cheers,

Sent from my fingers on a 9900 using Tapatalk
    Pilchard likes this.
    06-05-12 12:41 PM
    Thanks very much!
    06-05-12 01:35 PM
    Thanks, I've setup the memory cleaner now...let's see how it goes.
    I don't have any such apps xcpt fb, whatsapp and a screenshot app as of now.
    It's my first bb so just getting the hang of it.
    06-05-12 01:35 PM
    try the "memboo" app. works really nice.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 02:34 PM
    With your 9900 getting laggy after 4 or 5 days it may be that you have an app that is leaking memory. Do a battery pull (or alt, shift, delete at the same time) to reboot your BB and check the Storage under Options (I use the universal search) to see how much Application Storage space you have. Monitor this number as the day/week goes on and see if it's shrinking. I expect it is. I start out at around 140 and will reboot when I hit 100 or so which takes about 2 or 3 days. The reboot bumps me right up to 140 again. Following this practice I don't ever run into lags.
    06-05-12 02:47 PM
    With your 9900 getting laggy after 4 or 5 days it may be that you have an app that is leaking memory. Do a battery pull (or alt, shift, delete at the same time) to reboot your BB and check the Storage under Options (I use the universal search) to see how much Application Storage space you have. Monitor this number as the day/week goes on and see if it's shrinking. I expect it is. I start out at around 140 and will reboot when I hit 100 or so which takes about 2 or 3 days. The reboot bumps me right up to 140 again. Following this practice I don't ever run into lags.

try using the quickpull app. you can set it to simulate a battery pull daily. i have mine do it every morning at 5am since I usually am fast asleep at this time, and therefore can go 2 minutes without use of my device

06-05-12 02:53 PM
    alt-shift-del thing doesn't work for me.....dunno y????
    It's sad that you need to restart in 203 days in order to have your fone zippy. Never was the case with any of my previous fones.

How to find why the application storage is going down???
    06-07-12 03:08 AM
    besides doing a battery pull, make sure youre clearing your event log. hold "alt" and then press "lglg" while on the main screen. when the log opens, hit menu and select "clear log"

Mrluky likes this.
    06-07-12 06:27 AM
    besides doing a battery pull, make sure youre clearing your event log. hold "alt" and then press "lglg" while on the main screen. when the log opens, hit menu and select "clear log"

Yea, m doing that.
    Just now the phone became incredibly slow. downloaded and used quickpull.

How do i do a clean install of the OS ?
    06-07-12 08:12 AM

How do i do a clean install of the OS ?

googled an article that looks like it covers it. if anyone has a better article please share. ive never had to do one so im not sure.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-3...-blackberry-os

06-07-12 03:03 PM
    try using the quickpull app. you can set it to simulate a battery pull daily. i have mine do it every morning at 5am since I usually am fast asleep at this time, and therefore can go 2 minutes without use of my device

Never understood using an app to do what a battery pull can do.
    06-07-12 03:15 PM
    Clearing your Event Log on a modern BB is a waste of time. It won't make any difference to memory or responsiveness. The file is only 400kb max, which is a drop in the ocean on a 9900... and besides, it will be full again before you know it.
    A battery pull or soft reset (Alt + Right Shift + Del) is the only way to recover memory on a sluggish BlackBerry.
    06-07-12 03:26 PM
    Never understood using an app to do what a battery pull can do.
    1) you can set it to do in while you sleep, so its one less thing you have to worry about

2) avoids useless wear and tear on the battery door thus helping avoiding it from maybe becoming loose

3) obviously less work (simple click of a button vs physically taking out battery)

4) ever done a battery pull in public... people look at you like "wtf?". we cant let people know that us blackberry folks have to do this! perception becomes reality!!!

06-07-12 03:27 PM
    Clearing your Event Log on a modern BB is a waste of time. It won't make any difference to memory or responsiveness. The file is only 400kb max, which is a drop in the ocean on a 9900... and besides, it will be full again before you know it.

good to know! its always just been a habit since using bb

06-07-12 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD