I have a weird problem with my 9900. When I press an icon lets say the speaker settings or mail app, it takes 2-3 seconds for the app/pop-up to show. If I tap it again right away it shows instantly. I managed to fix this by reinstalling the OS but the problem started appearing after a couple of days. Refreshed it again solving the problem and now it's back again after a week. Any ideas on how to fix this annoying bug? or do I just wait for another OS?
    09-23-11 03:07 PM
    Sounds like you have something running in background, or a nasty app causing the OS to act like this.

What ya running on there?
    09-23-11 03:09 PM
    Apps that run in the background and don't show in task manager are: BeWeather, BeBuzz and Memory Booster - RAM Optimizer (S4BB), google sync(if it runs in the BG)

Others apps: flixter, dropbox, shazam, google maps, gmail, QR Code scanner pro, screenshot. bunch of games: paddle ball 3d, rollercoaster, crazy survivial, pokemon roms, nfs shift demo

I've been noticing that google apps like gmail, gmaps, cause lots of problems. It also sucks to delete them. That would be last resort.

Another observation when this problem starts happening: When the OS is loading, the bar gets stuck at approx 70% and stays there for a minute, seems like the phone froze but it starts moving again after a while.
    09-23-11 03:24 PM
    I would guess that it has something to do with your Memory Booster - RAM Optimizer, but I'm not for sure. With the available free memory on the 9900, is that app really necessary? I would think it would take up a fair amount of CPU to run. Have you checked to see what apps are using the most processor power?
    09-23-11 03:37 PM
    I've been noticing that google apps like gmail, gmaps, cause lots of problems. It also sucks to delete them. That would be last resort.

Another observation when this problem starts happening: When the OS is loading, the bar gets stuck at approx 70% and stays there for a minute, seems like the phone froze but it starts moving again after a while.
    Google Maps? Mine certainly doesn't run in the background, and never has done.

With regards to the loading bar stalling at 70%, I've had that on all my BB's right back to OS4. I think that's about where the memory card is being read, and the larger the card or lower the class - the longer the delay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 03:40 PM
    You would be surprised how many times I've run out of memory and the dreaded clock appears. It mostly happens due to app world and + browser + google maps open at the same time. I'll delete the app and see if it fixes the problem.

Wow I just checked my CPU usage for the last week and 1h 25m = google maps. Jeez only if RIM would make a map app that could rival Google's search algorithms, I would delete it in a heart beat. The only feature I use heavily is latitude for my friends to find me without having to call. That makes the app run in BG.

Seems so far this is completely app related and not an OS bug
    09-23-11 03:46 PM
    You've run out of memory a number of times on the 9900?

I've had Google Maps on all of my devices going back to my 8330, and I've never had any issue with it being a memory drain. App World hasn't been an issue for me either, in fact, any RIM developed app has been super solid for the most part.

My guess is that RAM booster. I'm not sure how those work, but I would imagine that it's always running, always trying to kill processes that it doesn't think are necessary, thus slowing down your device. I'd get rid of that, and then just make sure that the only apps you have open in the background are the regular 5, plus BeBuzz (which doesn't use much CPU to run) and BeWeather, which closes itself out unless it's updating the weather conditions. See if that makes a difference...
    09-23-11 03:51 PM
    Ok I deleted the memory booster and after a restart the problem is gone. I really hope it doesn't show up again. Thanks!

and yeah memory isn't all that much for me I guess haha:

09-23-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD