Anyone had any experience with keys coming off the keypad on the 9900? I pulled mine out of the leather holster the other day and the symbol key was missing. I found the key in the bottom of the holster.

Is the only fix for this full replacement of the keypad?
    09-07-11 10:38 PM
    Thats strange. I think your right the only fix is to replace your keyboard. Individual keys arent supposed to come loose, I think the keyboard is a single unit.
    09-07-11 10:45 PM
    I think I read somewhere in this forum that the holster did this to someone else.
    09-07-11 10:59 PM
    Go take it back and exchange it
    09-07-11 11:00 PM
    I would take it back ASAP! That sucks I know at Verizon they usually try to make you use your insurance for a new device they say its physical damage. These things should not happen to a new device! This is what happens when your product is made in too many countries you loose quality control.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 07:31 AM
    Anyone had any experience with keys coming off the keypad on the 9900? I pulled mine out of the leather holster the other day and the symbol key was missing. I found the key in the bottom of the holster.

Is the only fix for this full replacement of the keypad?
    This exact thing happened to me! Anyone knows where I could find a OEM replacement keypad?
    10-18-11 09:27 AM
    Never had any problems with my keys falling off but I don't use the holster either it might just be a problem with the OEM holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 11:05 AM
    This is about the 5th time I've heard of this happening. Not Good RIM!
    10-18-11 01:20 PM
    I would take it back ASAP! That sucks I know at Verizon they usually try to make you use your insurance for a new device they say its physical damage. These things should not happen to a new device! This is what happens when your product is made in too many countries you loose quality control.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    i don't necessarily agree with the statement that since it's made in another country, the quality control should go down. A product can be made here in the US but if quality control is poor, the product will still be poor or sub par.

Let me give you an example.
    most of the Lexus vehicles ( i can speak for the RX 350) are made outside the US.. Japan and Canada to be exact.. and they have ONE if not the best product out there. And the service here in the US is outstanding.. ( better than the Range Rover or other German cars)
    10-18-11 01:31 PM
    i don't necessarily agree with the statement that since it's made in another country, the quality control should go down. A product can be made here in the US but if quality control is poor, the product will still be poor or sub par.

Let me give you an example.
    most of the Lexus vehicles ( i can speak for the RX 350) are made outside the US.. Japan and Canada to be exact.. and they have ONE if not the best product out there. And the service here in the US is outstanding.. ( better than the Range Rover or other German cars)

My IS is sweet too , service and quality of vehicle! Back on topic though, I use the holster and its not tight @ all. I was afraid after reading about ppl saying it was so tight it would warp keys etc, luckily when I got mine it was quite loose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD