Hey guys..I received a complete keyboard (keyboard + membrane + flex) from a place in Hong Kong but the keyboard itself isn't connected to the membrane properly. I'm trying to press them together but it's just not connecting. I do have a separate keyboard that came with the housing and was hoping to try to connect. However, I want to make sure I'm doing this the right way. Do you just connect then by laying them on top and pressing with your fingers or is there a tool that is needed? I noticed holes on the back where the flex is and was curious if I need to press those down. Thanks so much.

Gary
    08-09-12 08:42 AM
    Have you viewed any of the videos on youtube. The ones I have seen just state to press down on it to connect.
    08-09-12 08:47 AM
    yeah i saw the complete teardown by ifixit but nothing where they've taken apart the keyboard itself.
    08-09-12 08:50 AM
    Sound like you need to view a few more as I seen many that show the keyboard.

Good luck.
    08-09-12 08:54 AM
    can you send a link please?
    08-09-12 09:09 AM
    Go to cnn(dot)cn (not .com) they have complete full video on tearing down the 9900 and putting it back together. I think the video is in 2 parts. That's where I went to purchase my part and that's where I went when I put my new keyboard in.
    08-09-12 02:01 PM
    Still don't see any keyboard disassembly videos..just the 9930 in entirety. I have this issue where the bottom rows of keys are bright white and the top two rows are dim. The menu button and back button have a faint light. Also, the trackpad isn't working. I'm curious if I just have a faulty keyboard/trackpad or can take the membrane/keyboard/trackpart assembly apart and reconnect in attempt to make things right.
    08-09-12 03:49 PM
    The 9900/9930 are the same, Just search for 9900....
    08-09-12 06:46 PM
    Still don't see any keyboard disassembly videos..just the 9930 in entirety. I have this issue where the bottom rows of keys are bright white and the top two rows are dim. The menu button and back button have a faint light. Also, the trackpad isn't working. I'm curious if I just have a faulty keyboard/trackpad or can take the membrane/keyboard/trackpart assembly apart and reconnect in attempt to make things right.
    Lots of variation with the 9900 keyboards and poorly built. Some of them are really bad like you've described or they have a crooked or sunken trackpad. I don't think you're going to be able to get a uniform color by playing around with it. I've tried it before and just couldn't make it happen. You may have better luck though. Its no guarantee you would get a good one but I would buy one from a US or Canadian retailer since the Chinese ones are suspect from what I've seen.
    08-10-12 01:04 AM
    Do you have a US or Candian retailer that you recommend? They seem to be few and far between. Thanks a lot.

Gary
    08-10-12 07:08 AM
    The videos on cnn.cn are of the full dismember of the 9900/9930 (same phone) you have to watch the vid1 to see the tear down and vid2 to see the re-build sift through till the part of the keyboard comes up in both videos
    08-10-12 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD