HELP

I have been using the 9900 for a week now and have discovered a few annoying issues:

1. when I try to connect the blackberry to my car bluetooth it is unable to connect successfully. I have never had problems connecting any other mobile phone to it before

2. Although the Skype app has successfully downloaded on the 9900 when I try to open the app it informs me that it can only be used with Verzion Wireless phones - can I assume then that this phone is not compatible or do I need to download some software??

3. When I add 'attendees' to calendar appointments they receive an email with the appointment title but no details (such as time or date). On previous handsets inviting others would send them an option to agree to the meeting and then be automatically added to their calendar. Is this a general issue with the 9900 or just my handset??

Any advice will be gratefully received!!!!!!!!!!
    08-26-11 08:57 AM
    let's see here:

1. do a battery pull. Also make sure you are using the right pairing password and follow the instructions that came with the car and BB. Make sure your car and BB are in "discover" mode. Can you find your car when searching for devices using your BB?

2. are you with Verizon? There are certain software out there that only work with certain carriers, like Blackboard (college app) used to be free with Sprint

3. sorry, i can't help you with this. Maybe there is a setting somewhere (privacy) that needs to be adjusted. But I'm sure it is not your device...
    Berry_Babble likes this.
    08-26-11 09:20 AM
    THANKS PANDA!!!!

1. yes - a battery pull was my first attempt at resolving the issue. and yes i can discover the car when searching for a new device and have all settings set to on and discoverable but as soon as I press to connect them it fails and both the hand set and car display a message to say the connection had failed :-(

2. I assume I am not with verzion - I just assumed the phone will have the necessary software as skype is quite a common app nowadays. I will look to download it from somewhere.

3. anyone else got any ideas about this one????
    08-26-11 10:11 AM
    THANKS PANDA!!!!
    3. anyone else got any ideas about this one????

hmmm mine works without issue, i just sent myself a test appointment and i had all the details

time, location, and description (notes) in the body

what OS are you on?
    08-26-11 10:25 AM
    I just checked and Skype only works with Verizon phones right now...
    Berry_Babble likes this.
    08-26-11 10:30 AM
    1. when I try to connect the blackberry to my car bluetooth it is unable to connect successfully. I have never had problems connecting any other mobile phone to it before
    Turn off encryption for the bluetooth connection. Open the properties for your cars Bluetooth on your phone, and make sure the encryption box is unticked, then try and connect again.

I had to do this to connect to my Fiat Blue&Me system
    Berry_Babble likes this.
    08-26-11 10:47 AM
    Turn off encryption for the bluetooth connection. Open the properties for your cars Bluetooth on your phone, and make sure the encryption box is unticked, then try and connect again.

I had to do this to connect to my Fiat Blue&Me system

just tried that and still no connection!!!!
    08-26-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD