Generally liking the 9900 but I have these issues and so wondering if there any fixes?

1. I get random screen blackouts - seems to happen when in France more often than in the UK.

2. Battery life - struggles to manage a day of even infrequent usage - I fear for the day I have to use it a lot!

3. Battery charging - even after a night of charging, the light does not always go continuous green.

4. When texting, the "return" or "enter" key sends the text rather than start a new line/paragraph. For email the key works properly. This is very annoying - keep sending more texts than intended! Previous blackberry did not not do this.

5. More an annoyance and unfixable, but it is impossible to take the phone out of the holster without pressing the volume button!

Any advice appreciated!

No issues with build quality - seems good - made in Hungary.

Cheers,
    Mike
    10-19-11 06:39 AM
    What helped my battery was to use an older Blackberry charger and turn off location services. I am now getting 2 days from one charge, medium use
    flyer01 likes this.
    10-19-11 06:57 AM
    For issue number 4, this can be disabled in sms options menu, untick the press enter to send option.
    flyer01 likes this.
    10-19-11 07:18 AM
    Mine would not fully charge when I first got it either. Only would get 95% after an all night charge. I found that running the battery almost dry, into the red just once worked for me. Charges to 100% now and has amazing battery life.

*Edit, I also turned off gps location and wifi when not needed. Seems to have helped for better battery longevity. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 10-19-11 at 08:23 AM.
    flyer01 likes this.
    10-19-11 07:22 AM
    Thanks for the advice.
    Texts no longer drive me crazy getting sent when I did not intend!
    I did not realise you could turn the location off (so GPS is off), so that might help my battery. Unfortunately battery has gone into the red a couple of times and that did not seem to work for me. Not got a suitable old charger.
    Now just wish I could stop the screen from randomly blacking out - it is just for 5 or 10 seconds, but obviously annoying and not quite right.
    10-19-11 09:19 AM
    Now just wish I could stop the screen from randomly blacking out - it is just for 5 or 10 seconds, but obviously annoying and not quite right.
    Have you tried re-loading or updating the OS?
    10-19-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD