I had recently gone to jakarta-Indonesia and during a tour of the telecom office of one of the service providers got a chance to get my hands on the new 9900. I live in Qatar and have heard it should be here in a couple of weeks. Just wanted to share this with the community. All pictures were shot by my Torch
    Last edited by clickqass; 07-08-11 at 01:56 PM.
    07-08-11 01:51 PM
    Nice.. seems alot of people are getting their hands on one of these one way or another. Sounds like release is getting closer and closer.
    07-08-11 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the pics, especially the one with the 9900 and the 9810. I've been debating which one to get, so seeing them side by side is helpful since the only major difference is the form factor.
    07-08-11 03:55 PM
    I am a little confused, in your title you said a few days and in your post you said a couple of weeks. Can you please be a little more accurate? I live in the UAE and if this beauty arrives in a few days, I'm willing to postpone my trip back to Canada to buy one!

Thanks for the pics!
    07-08-11 04:03 PM
    In all of the reviews I have seen with all the glamour shots, these are actually the best angles I have seen of this phone. Thank you for sharing!
    07-08-11 04:33 PM
    I am a little confused, in your title you said a few days and in your post you said a couple of weeks. Can you please be a little more accurate? I live in the UAE and if this beauty arrives in a few days, I'm willing to postpone my trip back to Canada to buy one!

Thanks for the pics!
    You were gonna go from UAE to Canada just to buy one of these?
    07-08-11 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the pics, especially the one with the 9900 and the 9810. I've been debating which one to get, so seeing them side by side is helpful since the only major difference is the form factor.
    Can I please ask - how solid was the slider on the Torch 2? What were your overall impressions of the phone?
    07-08-11 05:00 PM
    You were gonna go from UAE to Canada just to buy one of these?
    No, I live in Montreal however I am in the UAE visiting so if this comes to the UAE before Canada, I can wait a little further and get it before I go back to Montreal.
    07-09-11 01:59 AM
    Thats great to hear that, i too am in Qatar, is it really coming to Qatar in few weeks? Are u sure?
    07-09-11 03:23 AM

Thanks for the pics!
    Thing is, there is this guy here in one of the phone shops that claims he had three pieces but they got sold out and will receive more in a few days. That was two weeks back. He then claimed that the new stock was stuck in customs. I checked with him again yesterday and he said he should be getting them today. If he does, expect more pictures
    Can I please ask - how solid was the slider on the Torch 2? What were your overall impressions of the phone?
    i briefly used the torch 2 since i already have the torch. the UI on both the devices was very fluid but that could be because of OS7. Performance can only be judged when you load a device with all your apps, games, emails n stuff.

Thats great to hear that, i too am in Qatar, is it really coming to Qatar in few weeks? Are u sure?
    Many places have said it should be here by Eid. i'm gonna check today with this one guy who claims he will have it today but am not gonna hold my breath on that one. For all you know, he might be selling a china replica
    07-09-11 04:43 AM
    Many places have said it should be here by Eid. i'm gonna check today with this one guy who claims he will have it today but am not gonna hold my breath on that one. For all you know, he might be selling a china replica
    Eid means end of August , if this guy is selling a genuine 9900, can you PM me too, i may buy one, if its reasonably priced and Genuine.

Thanks..
    07-09-11 04:47 AM
    Same here. Please update us!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 05:50 AM
    Why I can't see any pics on this post?

07-09-11 06:56 AM
    Why I can't see any pics on this post?

You cannot view attached photos from a mobile browser.
    07-09-11 10:13 AM
    Thing is, there is this guy here in one of the phone shops that claims he had three pieces but they got sold out and will receive more in a few days. That was two weeks back. He then claimed that the new stock was stuck in customs. I checked with him again yesterday and he said he should be getting them today. If he does, expect more pictures

i briefly used the torch 2 since i already have the torch. the UI on both the devices was very fluid but that could be because of OS7. Performance can only be judged when you load a device with all your apps, games, emails n stuff.

Hi,
    Incase u happen to go back to that shop and that person has more of 9900 available..do let us knw here aswell..
    I live in Dubai an would probably find some one there who could buy it an ship it to me ...

so , do keep us posted...
    07-10-11 04:51 AM
    Any updates?
    07-11-11 01:35 AM
    Hi,
    Incase u happen to go back to that shop and that person has more of 9900 available..do let us knw here aswell..
    I live in Dubai an would probably find some one there who could buy it an ship it to me ...

so , do keep us posted...
    He said his stock is coming from Dubai, so if you live there then just check the local markets(not the fancy shops in the Malls).
    Same here. Please update us!

I have checked with him again and the same story of it being stuck in customs which i personally think is BS. Either the first stock was CHINA replicas or Test Models given to Service Providers. If the latter then most probably stolen, since the phone hasn't been officially launched anywhere in the world(that i know of).
    07-11-11 10:53 AM
    For the past few days i've been thinking about the 9900 and if i really want it. I must have changed over 50 phones to date and the ones I've liked most were the kinds that hand something more to it on the outside, like moving parts. The side button on the SonyEricsson T29 to release the flap, the open flap to answer feature on the SE P990 and all the Razr series for its flip open goodness and similar stuff is what i've enjoyed.
    Torch is the BB i've enjoyed the most from the previous models i've had(8300/8900/9500/9700) and thats mainly because of the slide open to answer calls. Thats just so cool(for me). So if i really do need to upgrade(which i most probably will), it will be for the new Torch and not the Bold. They are both great devices but with the Torch i can do a little more than i could with the Bold, even if its just playing with the slider while sitting idle
    07-11-11 11:10 AM
    @Clickqass: were you trying from someone at Souq Najada or somewhere else?

btw, its bold for me, had torch for a month but replaced it for 9780 so 9900 is the one i would definitely want...
    07-11-11 11:58 AM
    @Clickqass: were you trying from someone at Souq Najada or somewhere else?

btw, its bold for me, had torch for a month but replaced it for 9780 so 9900 is the one i would definitely want...
    yes, he has his shop in najada but is getting his stock from someone else. Says 200 pieces are stuck at the Doha Customs because they are unlicensed to get these devices which haven't been officially launched yet. I still find it all to be BS.
    07-11-11 12:03 PM
    yes, he has his shop in najada but is getting his stock from someone else. Says 200 pieces are stuck at the Doha Customs because they are unlicensed to get these devices which haven't been officially launched yet. I still find it all to be BS.
    Yes u r right, most of the time the Najada guys bluff and say BS, anyways, looks like its close...have to wait for few more days..
    07-11-11 12:08 PM
    RIM Dubai has some devices, but they're limited to their people for field testing, promotions and carrier testing, whoever told you they have a shipment is BSing you.
    The Device is coming soon though, so better wait for an official release.
    07-12-11 01:44 AM
    Funniest thing happened today. Went for the press launch of Samsung phone/tablets today and got a 'Samsung Version' of the 9900
    07-14-11 05:02 AM
    any new update on 9900 availability in Qatar or Dubai?
    07-18-11 11:05 PM
    @clickqass:
    what telecom carrier is it in indonesia? indosat? im curious when will this device launched in indonesia.. cheers.
    07-19-11 06:40 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD