Hey guys, well I found a HUGE problem with the Bold. I listen to music (not full blast) on it and out of the blue when I put the phone in my pocket the left headphone pretty much shocked me while it was in my ear which REALLY hurt.
    I used different headphones the first time it happened and it was also the left headphone. The second time it was so bad that the left headphone stopped workimg.
    This problem really worries me. I used the same headphones on my other phone (bold 9000) for years and they never did that. Every headphone I have used with this phone at some point or another has done this. I am not using headphoines on it until further notice till I get some advice about this lol. Any ideas what's cauding it?
    01-10-12 09:12 AM
    if its a headphone which has a turn on/off button for example beats studio. The bold 9900 audio jack rejects some headphones so you need to plug the headphone while it's turned of, than turn it on so it will pass the firewall of the audio jack
    01-10-12 09:16 AM
    Somewhere, something in your phone is causing electrical discharge with your ears. It could be your environment (carpets and furniture), or just a faulty headphone jack.
    01-10-12 09:16 AM
    Idk I'm in a school so just concrete lol. I was using apple ipod headphones with no turn off button.
    01-10-12 09:23 AM
    Don't use apple earphones on blackberry. The electric is not constant with apple so I'd damages both earphone and device audio input
    01-10-12 09:34 AM
    Oh I guess ill go and get new headphones then lol
    01-10-12 10:31 AM
    its RIMs new tactics! lol.

your being brainwashed into believing that blackberry products are fantastic and you should by all of there new devices.

well they had to do something extreme after only my direct family and myself were the only ones in the entire uni-berry-verse that bought a playbook!

so if you suddenly start breaking out in a cold sweat whenever tberes a new product due for release you know whats happened.

I think youll find other poor soles on this forum, they are easy to find, they are the ones that typically cut into a thread that is generally complaining about poor battery life or some other problem and this will be backed up by many other uses stating tbe same thing, but then tbere will be a post from one of these poor zombie brainwashed folk claiming theres nothing wrong with the product and in actual fact everyone who is complaining is insaine!

obviously these poor souls have been brain washed and cannot tell that they have been electricuted or brainwashed in some other way.

I would suggset you start to combat the onset of this terrible treatment by picking up some other brand of phone and stroking it for at least 5 minutes a day, this is tje only known cure and should keep you saine at least long enough to get over any os update or new product release period.

good luck!
    Last edited by gadgetier; 01-12-12 at 07:40 AM.
    01-11-12 05:52 PM
    Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-11-12 05:54 PM
    Haven't experienced that at all. I regularly use ipod buds and bose over-ear.
    01-11-12 07:25 PM
    Hmmm, I started getting this problem too. I was just getting off work and placed the Ifrogz earbuds in my ear and felt a little tickle and small shock out of the left one. This has never happened before. I need to find my receipt since it's warranty for a year and I just got them idk less than a month ago.
    01-11-12 09:06 PM
    Please explain - I will probably learn something new about electronics.
    If you have used an apple earphone before, you will know that they have button for start/stop music and volume control. That gadget changes the amper of the voice input. If it gets a different input power, it will try to change the way it works. If the electric flow changes, it will create results both for input and output. That's why different earphones has different colors on the output stripes. They need different electrics. Although it can be fixed with os, because os determines how much voltage/ electric used for each apparatus, blackberry os doesn't use the same voltage with apple so it creates different amper and different voltage which can cause damage for both.
    01-12-12 05:31 AM
    Don't use apple earphones on blackberry. The electric is not constant with apple so I'd damages both earphone and device audio input
    WHAT?
    01-12-12 05:55 AM
    If you have used an apple earphone before, you will know that they have button for start/stop music and volume control. That gadget changes the amper of the voice input. If it gets a different input power, it will try to change the way it works. If the electric flow changes, it will create results both for input and output. That's why different earphones has different colors on the output stripes. They need different electrics. Although it can be fixed with os, because os determines how much voltage/ electric used for each apparatus, blackberry os doesn't use the same voltage with apple so it creates different amper and different voltage which can cause damage for both.

I have 3 different Apple headphones and none have any controls whatsoever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 08:07 AM
    The bold 9900 audio jack rejects some headphones so you need to plug the headphone while it's turned of, than turn it on so it will pass the firewall of the audio jack
    The firewall of the audio jack? Wtf are you talking about?
    01-12-12 09:46 AM
    I guess its a good thing that all my music is on my Ipod then. Shock-free since 2010.
    01-12-12 10:07 AM
    it's static electricity not a HUGE problem with the Bold. You should consider working for a tabloid with your ability of making a big deal out of nothing and without research on the matter...
    01-12-12 10:16 AM
    to say that his theories about how an aux output to a headset works, is not quite in line with common knowledge.

In other words: it does not make sense at all.
    Actually they have a firewall too due to the os, search if you want.
    01-12-12 01:23 PM
    crackamir's eduaction to me about how an amplified aux terminal works:

I really learned something new about electronics today ..... details that are in no textbook.

I believed the voltage (direct current ground potential) was constant and that the amp was fluctuating - and that the resistance in the speakers (ohm) was the critical factor.

I did not know that the device's operating system had anything to do with this. I really thought this was embedded in the sound/amplifier chipset.

I also did not know that the "mini jack" standard was so different.

What I did know was that the wiring was different (mic / ground for Samsung and some Nokia models) compared to the standard wiring.

Well, I probably have to go back to school and stop doing what I have done for a living over the last 30 years, because according to the new knowledge I have obtained today, everything I have learned about headset electronics is wrong.
    There is a strong possibility that you may not understand what I'm saying. It's not about you I admit that. It's just that English is not my primary language.
    01-12-12 01:26 PM
    A softphone (you know that term?) through VPN might give firewall problems if you are connected through a "tight" router (policy routing) - that's what you might have read about.

Believe me, I have done this for a living for 30 years - and you are heavily misinformed!
    Ok I admit that firewall was a wrong word of it as I told before, english is not my primary language so I can use wrong terms. What I mean was(as you quoted) components of os, think like this, your audio output has a driver, your speakers have driver, everything has a driver and the way audio component works is not the way pc audio component works. I also think we should end the conversation because it's getting away from the topic and just creating useless space.

P.S I also studied both electromechanical engineering( not sure about the correct word) and software engineering
    01-12-12 02:14 PM
    Heard it all now. Cant use universal earbuds, which is what most Apple earbuds are in a bold 9900.

I just think people really do try to one up the next comment.

I know tons of people who have apple earbuds in their BB's as they are cheap. I have used it many times in mine. Even used a set in a 9900 once and no issues what so ever.

Unreal, lol!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD