so ive got my hands on one of the new 9900 hard shell cases and quite honestly the case is pretty good I got to try the playbook soft shell found the case to be extremely nice this time they didnt have the soft shells in stock but only had the barely there and the blackberry hard shells. The barely there and hard shell in comparison the barely there is a little thinner but not much of a difference the only difference is the barely there is all hard plastic where as the hard shell is hard plastic on the back but the sides where the silver meets the case is the soft shell material and covers all around where the barely there leaves the bottom and top uncovered. @ 19.99 for the hard shell and 29.99 for the barely there I settled with the hard shell. Will try to post some pics later.
    08-13-11 11:24 PM
    Are these the Case-Mate cases or OEM cases? And please do, post the pics I mean.
    08-13-11 11:35 PM
    Pics would be great, please post some.
    08-14-11 10:21 AM
    These cases im talking about are the Case-Mate Barely There line, and the BlackBerry OEM Hard Shell cases. In case you did not know BB also has another line that you can see in the CB store, BB Soft Shell.

In the end I went with the hard case, and its only 19.99 @ best buy $5 cheaper than CB store with no shipping. As you can see below the sides that cover the phone is not hard plastic, but its the soft shells soft plastic which is flexible for ease of taking out without scratching the beautiful silver sides :P Sorry I didnt take pics of the Barely There but Im sure all of you know what it looks like. The main difference between this and the soft shell is that the soft shell; the ENTIRE case is made of the same soft plastic material where as the hard case is actual hard (but not completely hard) plastic on the back and its definitely as thin as the barely there so win for sure.

Pictures as promised.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by akz; 08-14-11 at 09:17 PM.
    08-14-11 09:14 PM
    Nice looking case. Vaja Cases already sold out of the "Limited Edition" Black/Red the had in stock for $50. Still trying to device between a pouch and a hard case, BB brand of course.
    08-15-11 11:46 AM
    The hard shell case has a woven design on the back (one from CrackBerry?) or is it see through in the battery door area?

I was under the impression that it was a solid cover and I was going to cut out the battery door area so you could see through to the woven fibre texture.
    08-15-11 11:55 AM
    The back is textured little dots.
    08-15-11 12:50 PM
    I like that shade of pink.. Looks good on you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 12:58 PM
    is the hard shell thinner than the soft shell?
    08-15-11 01:14 PM
    Will it still fit in an OEM Blackberry Holster? I assume both hard and soft cover the charging contacts requiring each to be removed before placing the 9930/9900 in the charging pod, can you confirm? Thanks!
    08-15-11 01:14 PM
    I think alot of you guys are getting confused between the Soft Shell and the Hard Shell. The one in the picture is the OEM BB Hard Shell case (its not super hard plastic like those cheap ebay cases or as hard as the case-mates, its more like a flexible hard plastic in the back with the soft shell material for the sides) The Soft Shell is the one you see on the CB store right now both the soft and hard shells are pretty much the same in terms of thickness.

This is the BB Soft Shell
    08-15-11 02:14 PM
    Will it still fit in an OEM Blackberry Holster? I assume both hard and soft cover the charging contacts requiring each to be removed before placing the 9930/9900 in the charging pod, can you confirm? Thanks!
    I too would like to know if the phone with a shell on it will fit in the holster
    08-15-11 03:01 PM
    I too would like to know if the phone with a shell on it will fit in the holster
    I will try later tonight and let you guys know.
    08-15-11 03:47 PM
    I was about to buy the soft shell case from shop crackberry, but I went to my local mall and walked around a bit and asked a bunch of shop keeps about the cases they had. I saw a couple good ones, some cheap ones, but I found one reeeeally nice one that I bought and it's been very cool! It's like the otterbox form factor: silicone skin with a hard shell cover, but the hard shell has a cool design all over the hard shell and it was only 16 bucks! That's a bargin! Here are some pictures of it. And it's thinner than the otterbox case!
    08-15-11 03:51 PM
    Nope, soft or hard, it is just too wide with the case to fit in the OEM holster.
    08-15-11 03:55 PM
    Nope, soft or hard, it is just too wide with the case to fit in the OEM holster.
    I like the look of the new holsters/pouches, but I hate that they got rid of the stretchy sides. I'm using a Tour/Bold 9700 holster to carry around my 9900 with soft shell case, but the proximity sensor doesn't work.
    08-15-11 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD