Hi, so here's my story. I had a bb bold 9900 from october 2011 up until 15 january 2011. After putting up with squeaky, mushy buttons, trackpad that moves by itself and an os that wasn't up for the competition, I decided to trade my 9900 for a brand new samsung galaxy s2. Boy oh boy what an awesome smartphone it was-initially. The phone had everything the iPhone 4S had only in a larger, lighter package. The best screen display I've ever come across and apps that are short of nothing. The gingerbread os is something to write home about and the web browsing is as smooth as can be. After the first day of usage, I noticed some issues that crept in. My emails were not pushed to my phone as fluently as it were on my bb, data usage was extremely high (used about $35 in 2 days) and with no notification light, I was constantly unlocking my phone to check for messages. I found myself airtimeless and using my wifi constantly to receive emails and playing angry birds (which is super addictive) resulting in my battery dying 1/4 of the day. After a week, I traded the galaxy s2 for another 9900 and am now truly satisfied. I never realised how being constantly connected and bbm influenced your life. Now, still, putting up with mushy buttons I realised that, for me, bb has my support until android has the equivilent to bis and bbm is released for android. That sounds like I'll be waiting for bbx/bb10 phones to hit the scenes anyone else had a similar experience?
    01-25-12 08:27 AM
    Hi, so here's my story. I had a bb bold 9900 from october 2011 up until 15 january 2011. After putting up with squeaky, mushy buttons, trackpad that moves by itself and an os that wasn't up for the competition, I decided to trade my 9900 for a brand new samsung galaxy s2. Boy oh boy what an awesome smartphone it was-initially. The phone had everything the iPhone 4S had only in a larger, lighter package. The best screen display I've ever come across and apps that are short of nothing. The gingerbread os is something to write home about and the web browsing is as smooth as can be. After the first day of usage, I noticed some issues that crept in. My emails were not pushed to my phone as fluently as it were on my bb, data usage was extremely high (used about $35 in 2 days) and with no notification light, I was constantly unlocking my phone to check for messages. I found myself airtimeless and using my wifi constantly to receive emails and playing angry birds (which is super addictive) resulting in my battery dying 1/4 of the day. After a week, I traded the galaxy s2 for another 9900 and am now truly satisfied. I never realised how being constantly connected and bbm influenced your life. Now, still, putting up with mushy buttons I realised that, for me, bb has my support until android has the equivilent to bis and bbm is released for android. That sounds like I'll be waiting for bbx/bb10 phones to hit the scenes anyone else had a similar experience?
    Yes, but with a Bold 9780.

Gave that up for a HTC MyTouch4G. Initially, I was intrigued by it (MT4G).

After about a week, I was seeing and experiencing the glaring faults of Android over BB for WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME IN A PHONE: business centric communications and personal info management. No more, no less. For that, RIM is STILL, imho, not to be beat.

E-Mail was clunky as on that android thing. E-Mail set-up was painful. NEVER got my home ISP's e-mail set up on Android properly. No one could help. BB---> Seamless with e-mail and password. Took 1 + hour to set up 4 e-mail addesses... granted, two of them were SSL to an ISP, but still.

Battery Life. That was the show stopper. I don't/didn't see the need to become a full time battery manager/magician with dimming, task killing, shutting everythng off 5x a day, etc, etc, and THEN only getting 8-9 hours out of it AT BEST. Got tired of having an aresenal of chargers with/around me. The android smart hpones are like german ww2 u-boats. Not really a sub, but a surface vessel that has the capability to submerge. What's the point if you are always tethered.

Now, the android fan base will go nuts over my statements because " I just don't understand ". BUT, that was my first and last android, and it lasted less than 4 weeks before I was back.

The small issues with the 9780 far over-reach the android, google-ishous, OS for what I do.

Also, I don't have an OCD-driven need to broadcast my flatulence on facebook and/or twitter very 9 microseconds, for which android is probably a better choice.

Just my $0.05
    01-25-12 09:01 AM

Also, I don't have an OCD-driven need to broadcast my flatulence on facebook and/or twitter very 9 microseconds, for which android is probably a better choice.
    Oh I don't know, I'm able to broadcast my flatulence fairly easily on my 9930 using Social Feeds...
    01-25-12 09:07 AM
    i understand the strengths of the 9900, believe me. excellent, unbeatable keyboard, hands down.

however i think you should have gotten unlimited data to truly enjoy the power of the galaxy s2. if you play a lot of games yeah the battery will of course run down fast but a spare battery is an inexpensive solution to enjoy the best technology out there.

i'm curious too if you setup your mail correctly, my boyfriend has a nexus and he gets his e-mails as fast as i would get them on my blackberry.
    01-25-12 09:29 AM
    however i think you should have gotten unlimited data to truly enjoy the power of the galaxy s2. if you play a lot of games yeah the battery will of course run down fast but a spare battery is an inexpensive solution to enjoy the best technology out there.
    The unlimited data plans I think are only an American option, and even that may be phased out by the carriers there. I don't think they have ever existed in Canada and I am not sure any other country in the world has them with the exception of unlimited social plans on Blackberries, which does not include internet.
    01-25-12 09:59 AM
    Oh I don't know, I'm able to broadcast my flatulence fairly easily on my 9930 using Social Feeds...
    Your avatar owns! +1
    01-25-12 10:07 AM
    not true. unlimited data options are almost everywhere else. there's 3UK in UK, KT in Korea, TMobile in Europe, and several of that i heard in southeast asia. i know this as i work for a research company.
    01-25-12 10:09 AM
    LOL I guess you now know my passion for social networking. I have never tried on a BB, but a lot of folks were complaining about facebook problems etc. in other forum threads here some time back
    01-25-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD