im having trouble deciding between the 2, can you guys let know how much battery life you get on a full charge on the 9900, please let me know how much usage also.
    11-05-11 08:55 PM
    12 hours with moderate use and still 30-40% left
    11-05-11 09:11 PM
    You'll get more battery life out of the 9900 than the S2, but two totally different devices.
    11-05-11 09:24 PM
    really thats pretty good, i had the 9900 and never could get more than 10 hours out of it, what do u consider moderate usage and what os ? my galaxy s 2 that i have right now ive used it for 9 hours and i have 60% usage with moderate use (lots of texting, emals, 30 mins of gaming, and little bit of browsing )
    11-05-11 09:25 PM
    i duno i love the 9900 the battery is the only thing keeping me from going back, the galaxy is actually ******* amazing, best phone ive ever seen, the battery life is ridiculous cause ive had android before and they drain battery this phone is just crazy when it comes to battery i barely even look at the battery meter anymore, the only reason im thinking of going back to 9900 is because im not a big touch screen person, i love the physical keys and the notification LED, and dedicated camera button.
    RWCouck#WP likes this.
    11-05-11 09:27 PM
    let me know how much usage and what os tho, and if anyone else has good or bad battery life let me know the amount
    11-05-11 10:54 PM
    I owned a 9900 for about a month and the battery life was pretty pitiful for a BlackBerry. The only way I was able to make it through a full day on a single charge was to switch to EDGE data only. The same is true on my Galaxy S II now. However, the GSII is so much more powerful that it actually justifies the power use whereas the 9900 did not.
    11-06-11 12:40 AM
    really you cant get through a day on the galaxy ? if you install eaglesblood rom or beastmod which im using, im getting the best battery life ive ever seen with any phone..... its actually mind boggling.... http://i43.tinypic.com/v6u834.png im at almost 50 hours and still have 50% battery, i know the 9900 isnt going to be better then that, but im wondering how many hours you guys get out of a full charge because if they at least can go 12 hours i could switch back

I owned a 9900 for about a month and the battery life was pretty pitiful for a BlackBerry. The only way I was able to make it through a full day on a single charge was to switch to EDGE data only. The same is true on my Galaxy S II now. However, the GSII is so much more powerful that it actually justifies the power use whereas the 9900 did not.
    11-06-11 12:58 AM
    15 hours* sorry
    11-06-11 12:59 AM
    Doesnt matter .. im going Galaxy S2 as soon as it drops for VZW .. sorry rim, youve lost
    11-06-11 01:12 AM
    There are already plenty of 9900 batter life/"i promote my new GSII" threads on this forum.

And we already figured out everybody says something different about Bold and gsii battery life
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 11-06-11 at 01:08 AM.
    11-06-11 01:31 AM
    I actually bought both phones and after using them for a month I finally decided to keep them both.

The battery life is better on the GS2....not by a ton, but def better.

In my experience here is the best of each phone:

GS2; screen, browser, turn by turn nav, mobile hotspot, media playback, apps, fantastic camera.
    9900; keyboard, rock solid PIM, email/messaging

I use the 9900 during most work days when i need to email/text heavily. I use the GS2 when i travel for work (Nav, mobile hotspot, etc) and on weekends.

I wish there was one phone that worked well for all my needs but there really isnt. Both the 9900 and GS2 are terrific phones.
    11-06-11 06:34 AM
    This really depends on your needs. If you tell me I can then give some worthwhile advice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 06:43 AM
    You'll get more battery life out of the 9900 than the S2, but two totally different devices.
    How do you feel, now that you have been rocking verizon bold for a while?

11-06-11 07:22 AM
    I had an Epic Touch 4G for 11 days... Went screaming back to BB. Epic had to be charged 2x a day. Hated the all touch phone. Tried like **** to love it. Awesome screen. Incredible horsepower but the battery and all touch issues were a deal breaker... Traded in for a 9930. Love it. Although I do miss the apps and horsepower...

11-06-11 07:33 AM
    im having trouble deciding between the 2, can you guys let know how much battery life you get on a full charge on the 9900, please let me know how much usage also.
    I get TWO DAYS out of my 9930. Three if I go easy on it. I use my BlackBerry for moderate e-mails, heavy texting, and light phone calls. I do close to no web browsing. I would do the same on my retired Iphone 4 and just get through the day. If you're not heavy on web browsing the 9900/9930 is gonna be a great device for you. Even if you do the web browser works rather well. It's not as refined as android or IOS but, it's never let me down when I need it.
    11-06-11 08:20 AM
    well i never could get more than 12 hours with moderate use out of my 9900, but now that the atandt 9900 is out and its cheaper im hoping tmobile lowers there price, then itll be a choice between the amaze and 9900
    11-06-11 12:00 PM
    Have you all considered the Motorola Pro Plus? It is launching this week, and seems like a more reasonable comparison to the 9900 than does the SGSII

11-06-11 12:29 PM
    Have you all considered the Motorola Pro Plus? It is launching this week, and seems like a more reasonable comparison to the 9900 than does the SGSII

What's different from the first Motorola Pro? Besides the shape? It seems to be almost the exact same phone otherwise. And we know that didn't turn out so well. And it's being launched with gingerbread instead of Ice Cream Sandwich. ((What is up with these android os names by the way?)) It's already dated in terms of android devices.
    11-06-11 01:03 PM
    Pro +:

-supposedly 4G for Bell in Canada (but we'll see when full specs are released)
    -2.3.5 Gingerbread (vs 2.2.x Froyo)
    -3LM security for enterprise users
    -640x480 (258 ppi) (vs 320x480 (186ppi))
    -lighter

To me, the Pro Plus seems a better comparison to Bold than is the SGSII because of form factor (physical keyboard + touchscreen), screen size (3.1" vs 2.8"), storage (4 GB +expandable vs 8 GB +expandable), memory (512 MB vs 768 MB) processor (single-core 1 GHz vs single-core 1.2 GHz), 3G, enterprise features, OS (both are most recent currently-available (ICS not yet available until new nexus released)). The SGSII that has been compared in this thread 'out-specs' both the Pro+ and the 9900.

The Google OS nicknames are dessert-derived, and the sequence is alphabetical -- A brief history of Android OS | Life of Android). Apple chose big cats, Google chose desserts.
    Last edited by zc1; 11-06-11 at 02:31 PM.
    11-06-11 02:11 PM
    Just to let you know, coming to a Blackberry site to ask which phone is better will most likely to have bias opinion towards BBs. I love my Bold 9900 so, I say go for a Bold. But remember this is a Blackberry focus site.
    11-06-11 05:12 PM
    I actually bought both phones and after using them for a month I finally decided to keep them both.

The battery life is better on the GS2....not by a ton, but def better.

In my experience here is the best of each phone:

GS2; screen, browser, turn by turn nav, mobile hotspot, media playback, apps, fantastic camera.
    9900; keyboard, rock solid PIM, email/messaging

I use the 9900 during most work days when i need to email/text heavily. I use the GS2 when i travel for work (Nav, mobile hotspot, etc) and on weekends.

I wish there was one phone that worked well for all my needs but there really isnt. Both the 9900 and GS2 are terrific phones.
    You took the exact words out of my mouth. I also own both phones. The SGS2 is easily the best touchscreen phone I have ever had, and I have had a lot of them. My 9900 just meets my needs the best(notifications, keyboards, messaging) especially thru Monday to Friday. Weekends, usually the SGS2 comes out.
    11-06-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD