Yes. It wiggles more. I can live with it, but it's not what I'm used to.
    Good tip about reseting the pkb & screws, I'll try that when the opportunity arises, but probably not today.
    Pretty sure I've experienced some wiggle in various keys of various replacement kb's over the years. Loosening screws & re-seating the assembly might have helped that but I'd say it most often helped alleviate what I'd describe as localized tightness (excessive press force) caused by plate distortion from poor fit. We even have some tiny abrasive "finger nail" files stored in our spare keyboard box on the breakroom table. Sometimes the edges of the tabs fit too snugly, inducing distortion into the assembly. A little judicious fitting helps, in that rare case.

We also keep some 0.010" thick strips of self adhesive mylar in that box for fitting under the trackpad area to gain elevation above the display's touch surface... Helps reduce accidental screen touches while scrolling down web pages, for example. .

BUT, of all the keys where wiggle might impact typing, space bar is probably the least critical. Imo. Might be a situation to consider observing my dear old Gramps' admonition: "...don't fix it till ya break it!!". Haha.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    04-05-18 04:40 AM
    I have to say I must be the luckiest guy with a 9900 regarding the keyboard. No wiggle on any of the main keys the only thing I noticed after installing the new keyboard is that the hang up button has more travel and a more positive satisfying click than it used to on the original keyboard and this is good because the hang up button is probably the most common button used to close a site you are on or just basically get back to the desktop icons quickly. That is the button that usually gets MASHED in frustration talking to your GF or wife also, and with good reason
    04-05-18 10:55 AM
    I have a 9300 3G with a wriggly keyboard. Works perfectly fine. It's actually kind of fun, too, and I find myself rubbing the keys absent-mindedly for that wriggle effect while using the phone primarily for e-reading.

I have a 9700 that I attempted to open up to get to the screen ribbon, which I hear is commonly faulty in this model and causes white-out. I read that duct tape around the ribbon might solve the problem. Unfortunately, the keyboard was attached and I didn't have the proper tools to open it, so I gave up halfway. Ah well, the 9700 Bold is sloooooow, anyways. I wonder how much money I can get if I drop it in one of those used-cellphone kiosks one sees in shopping malls...
    04-05-18 03:01 PM
    Pretty sure I've experienced some wiggle in various keys of various replacement kb's over the years. Loosening screws & re-seating the assembly might have helped that ....

.... of all the keys where wiggle might impact typing, space bar is probably the least critical. Imo. Might be a situation to consider observing my dear old Gramps' admonition: "...don't fix it till ya break it!!". Haha.
    I'm very pleased to say that my space bar wiggle seems to have resolved itself, and it now feels 'normal' while typing. Perhaps it just needed a bit of thumb hammering to bed-in properly
    idssteve likes this.
    04-09-18 10:00 AM
    I'm very pleased to say that my space bar wiggle seems to have resolved itself, and it now feels 'normal' while typing. Perhaps it just needed a bit of thumb hammering to bed-in properly
    That's the thing about us mortals. No matter how "perfect" we attempt to manufacture components of a machine, the machine itself inevitably achieves a more perfect self-fit thru "bed-in". Lol. At least we no longer routinely expect to run non-detergent during first 500 miles... Lol.
    RaybanRJ and mushroom_daddy like this.
    04-12-18 07:46 AM
    I have a 9300 3G with a wriggly keyboard. Works perfectly fine. It's actually kind of fun, too, and I find myself rubbing the keys absent-mindedly for that wriggle effect while using the phone primarily for e-reading.

I have a 9700 that I attempted to open up to get to the screen ribbon, which I hear is commonly faulty in this model and causes white-out. I read that duct tape around the ribbon might solve the problem. Unfortunately, the keyboard was attached and I didn't have the proper tools to open it, so I gave up halfway. Ah well, the 9700 Bold is sloooooow, anyways. I wonder how much money I can get if I drop it in one of those used-cellphone kiosks one sees in shopping malls...
    @Nguyen1: on the 97xx family, less the 9790, all of the screws are the same size. If giving up halfway means you've got the bottom screws under the chin part, then the driver fits the other screws. After removing the bottom two screws, the bezel should be remove before the keyboard could be taken off. Removing the bezel could be tricky when unhooking the sides as it could break the hooking loop on the mid-frame. Pull the side of the bezel slightly outward before lifting up could reduce the chance of this.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 12:16 PM
    Yes, I saw that on a youtube video and watched for the mid-frame loop. But alas, no screwdriver to complete the disassembly. I could get a set of smartphone repair tools off amazon. Any reason to buy more tools....

Speaking of Blackberry keyboards, I have experimented with models from Palm, HTC, LG, Samsung, but the Blackberry keyboards (virtually ANY of them) are superior to the QWERTY keyboards of other brands. I can type faster and more accurately with any Legacy pre-BB10 Blackberry. That, plus the small size of these phones, plus the SPEED and EFFICIENCY at which they perform routine PDA tasks compared to modern smartphones, is why I keep using legacy Blackberries and keep ignoring my much newer iPhone or Android phones.

I see no smartphone currently released or pending that can accomplish what I want in a cellphone. *Maybe* the upcoming Verizon Palm phone, depending on if it is a true successor to the Pre / Treo series or just some generic Android with a stylus (the latter is MUCH more likely, sadly though).
    idssteve likes this.
    04-15-18 12:39 PM
    Is it just me or does there seem to be another Resurgence of interest with the 9900 happening? Perhaps it is just people that have been using them for a LONG TIME and have just never commented until they had some problems. Still it is good to see activity about the device, good or bad.
    05-04-18 02:50 AM
    Another fav is streaming net radio. I am about to see if Nobex radio app will still work on the 9900. If it works on the Playbook still then it should be good to go.

Question: if I bridge the Playbook to the 9900 again is there an option to add the same apps from the Playbook to 9900?
    07-13-18 04:11 PM
    Well good news .....

07-13-18 05:26 PM

Question: if I bridge the Playbook to the 9900 again is there an option to add the same apps from the Playbook to 9900?
    I can't see how. The PB uses QNX, while the 9900 is on OS7.1; they are completely different operating systems.
    07-14-18 02:40 AM
    I can't see how. The PB uses QNX, while the 9900 is on OS7.1; they are completely different operating systems.
    Ah ok, I was wondering because I thought since they were linked through the Bridge I might have been able to share apps between the devices. I was hoping to get TuneIn radio from the 9900 to the Playbook because once again, it is very difficult to find specific apps on the Playbook App World for some reason.
    07-14-18 02:49 AM
    I guess I don’t really see the advantages of Bridging then, unless one had to have the same calendars, etc. Haven’t read anything on it yet.
    07-14-18 02:53 AM
    Bridging allows you to use the PB to check and respond to Emails, SMS, BBM messages; check calendars, view photos on your 9900, without touching the phone at all. That is of debatable value, but it does work well. There's also the ability to use the 9900 as a keyboard for the PB and the presenter mode, which is pretty cool if you're using it for professional presentations via the HDMI port, which is what idssteve does. When I was using the PB as a media server to play films on my TV (via HDMI) I could use my 9900 as remote control. All pretty neat and if development hadn't have faltered, would likely have got much better. Still as I mentioned earlier, tech has moved on .... perhaps not always for the better
    07-15-18 03:10 AM
    Bridging allows you to use the PB to check and respond to Emails, SMS, BBM messages; check calendars, view photos on your 9900, without touching the phone at all. That is of debatable value, but it does work well. There's also the ability to use the 9900 as a keyboard for the PB and the presenter mode, which is pretty cool if you're using it for professional presentations via the HDMI port, which is what idssteve does. When I was using the PB as a media server to play films on my TV (via HDMI) I could use my 9900 as remote control. All pretty neat and if development hadn't have faltered, would likely have got much better. Still as I mentioned earlier, tech has moved on .... perhaps not always for the better
    Well what I noticed and when I was surprised that happened was a couple days after I bridge the 9900 to the playbook I noticed that the playbook didn’t have any of the contacts anymore or anything else that was on the 9900. So I guess he has to be connected for it to work. I was hoping that all the contacts and stuff would have saved automatically. Maybe there is a way to save them I don’t know, or maybe it has to be connected to have any contacts on the Playbook.
    07-15-18 12:40 PM
    Contacts and calendars on the PB are separate from those under bridge, which is a connection to the 9900 and only visible when 'bridge' is active.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    07-15-18 01:24 PM
    Contacts and calendars on the PB are separate from those under bridge, which is a connection to the 9900 and only visible when 'bridge' is active.
    Well except for Contacts because I didnt have any after wiping the Playbook clean when I got it but I suppose you can add contacts seperately? I also noticed that since I linked the 9900 to the Playbook via Blackberry Bridge, there is the symbol for Bridge on the 9900 now, and the 9900's contacts were on the PB. But I'm still learning exactly how that works.

Pulled out the 9900 last night (and going to use it for CB and playing some tunes) and I noticed that my 3 batteries held their charge well at 50% and that is how I store them.

I read it is bad to store batteries at FULL because it can damage them.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    08-07-18 11:37 AM
    Well except for Contacts because I didnt have any after wiping the Playbook clean when I got it but I suppose you can add contacts seperately? I also noticed that since I linked the 9900 to the Playbook via Blackberry Bridge, there is the symbol for Bridge on the 9900 now, and the 9900's contacts were on the PB. But I'm still learning exactly how that works.

Pulled out the 9900 last night (and going to use it for CB and playing some tunes) and I noticed that my 3 batteries held their charge well at 50% and that is how I store them.

I read it is bad to store batteries at FULL because it can damage them.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Is this another you Ralph?

Posted via CB10
    RJ Oakley likes this.
    08-08-18 10:49 AM
    Is this another you Ralph?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I could not log into my CB account with the Rayban one for my Playbook and 9900. I think it was because I made the other account in Tapatalk for the iPhone.
    littlebuff likes this.
    08-08-18 10:55 AM
119 ... 345