the problem isn't with my wifi dropping but better yet, it doesnt recognize the IP address. It seems like I have to reboot the router for it to recognize it....it will work for a little while....then it will drop it again. My ipod is working fine, my wife's iphone and my laptop as well....does anyone else seem to have this problem? I try to reboot the phone and also delete my wifi and 'search" it again, only to tell me that it cant recognize the IP......
    12-05-11 01:58 PM
    Are you using At&t DSL or Uverse?
    12-05-11 03:32 PM
    i"m using at&t
    12-05-11 08:02 PM
    Get a dual mode router. I had the same problems you are describing on my old Curve and on my bold. I also had the same problem with my netbook and my playbook. I would have to reboot the router a few times a day to make things work. So I picked up a cheap d-link "dual mode" router from tiger direct, and everything works perfect now.
    Last edited by EvilmasterMMA; 12-05-11 at 08:18 PM.
    12-05-11 08:12 PM
    i"m using at&t

I had the same issue with my old 8900.

To fix it, I attached a second router to my att modem. Works great now and stays connected.

The second router doesn't have to be fancy. I just used a cheap $30 Belkin that I laready had.

Blackberry not connecting to At&t wifi is a common issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 09:20 PM
    Some people said that new Bold 99xx have a weak radio for wifi. I found the same thing because I get weak signals using exact same router where I used to get full signal using 9700.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 NOT using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 10:04 PM
    Had the same issue with my mimo router. Got rid of it for a trendnet, then a dlink. The trendnet is kept as backup.

It still drops bis to the network, then it climbs back on wifi. If you're having that issue besides it dropping the signal, you're not alone.
    12-07-11 10:11 PM
    Mine got fixed in a recent updated OS. Try that first if you haven't already.
    12-08-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD