10-24-11 05:33 PM
59 123
tools
    Screen brightness will not cause your battery to drain at over 20% an hour. Some of the only possible explanations are either poor reception, or you have your phone tethered to a dishwasher.

Try an OS reload as well. Just for reference, my current battery drain is 5.5% an hour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you figure that out yourself or are you using a battery monitoring app?
    08-18-11 01:32 AM
    Mine did not have great battery life on the first charge. But interestingly after a couple of charges it is doing pretty well.
    08-18-11 01:36 AM
    Get a PlayBook charger! I plug mine in for 25 minutes and it went from below 30% to just over 80%.
    EVOP likes this.
    08-18-11 02:05 AM
    I bought the 9900 because I wanted a Blackberry with a quicker processor. My 9900 is woefully slow and I thought that the 9900 would be a definite bump up.

That said, I am very disappointed. 8 hours after and my 9900 is dead. My almost fully-charged 9900 shut off and won't turn back on. Battery pulls don't work, and AC doesn't work. I even tried pressing the Escape button on the battery pull...about the only thing that might have brought it back.

A call to T-Mobile's RIM tech support didn't help. It's either the battery or a DOA unit.

What's so frustrating is that I spend hours switching the device info, plus my time going to the store and waiting. Of course the T-Mobile stores are sold out, so I have to wait longer. I'm pissed! Nice that a $600 device bricked on the very first day. Nice work Blackberry.

It really makes me wonder if I want the 9900. RIM did some nice work on the device, but also took several steps backwards. Yes, there is a faster processor and more memory. Then again, it doesn't have UMA and an Auto-Focus camera. I can't tell you how many macro shots I take for personal and business use, and the lack of Auto-Focus is huge.

And the omission of UMA is embarrassing. Why RIM and T-Mobile, why? UMA is a stellar feature...and something if advertised would bring countless new customers to T-Mobile. Who's doing their marketing and PR, Bozo?

And finally...I'm really beginning to question the touchscreen. Frankly, it gets in the way and is a true impediment when typing.
    09-03-11 01:26 AM
    Mine died cause it kept switching from 3G to 2G all the time... I leave it on 2G unless I need to surf the internet at work, and at home I turn on wifi... I blame rogers signal, as I lose 3G signal in 3-4 dead zones on my way to work and you can see the battery dropping down each time... Once the signal is stable then it's ok.

I also put the screen to 10 brightness, which saves alot of battery but the doesn't look so great. It doesn't help that all the screen protectors have that anti glare coating then makes it look all fuzzy...
    09-16-11 06:29 PM
    Mine died last night. Similar to another person posted. Swithced it off to charge at night and did not turn back on again.

However, I have found bat-life pretty poor. If I switch everything off that uses data I might just make it to the end of the day.

If I use data in any apps, facebook, gmail, g-maps, twitter etc it goes pretty quick. Also if I use wifi.

Which is annoying because with Orange you get UMA which routes the phone through the web if there is little signal. And I end up swithing it off to save bat.
    10-24-11 01:59 PM
    Mine did this saturday. I charged it night friday coming home from work at 4am, woke up around noon and unplugged it and it was fully charged. Went back to sleep, woke up at 430PM and it was red. Plugged it back, charged it till 8:30pm, went to work and it died completely by 1am.

Came home at 4am, did a battery pull and stuck it back on the charger and working fine again.

I been playing around with some apps and app world the last few days so I suspect the cause was app wprld was still updating constantly in the background and I didnt know or I didn't do a reboot after uninstalling an app.

More than likely, it was app world.

hope this helps
    10-24-11 03:45 PM
    Mine drained from ~50% to nothing 2-3 hours...any ideas what caused this? I wasn't even using it.

I'm pretty sure all the closeable apps were closed, WiFi was off, bluetooth and NFC off, connected to 3G only.

EDIT: Running on OS .439
    Last edited by lmfaBIGO; 10-24-11 at 04:57 PM.
    10-24-11 04:53 PM
    I've had two 9900's and given up on them, gone for the tried and tested 9780, don't like typing on touchscreens, so didn't switch to a storm. I experienced very poor battery performance, and network issues, stuck with it for a while because I really liked the design, and the scrolling/zooming capabilities of the touchscreen, but the poor performance of it's most basic functions left me frustrated, so I got rid while I could still exchange.
    10-24-11 05:33 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD