Fully charged at 8 am it was dead by 1. I barley used it. Listened to 5 songs few bbm that's it rest time was in stand by.
    Went from 88 to 32 in and hour in standyby. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 05:38 PM
    Is your screen brightness set at the lowest level?
    08-11-11 06:01 PM
    I'm on the newest release OS from VodafoneDE. Heavy user, been about 12 hours thus far and I'm a little over 50%. I think the battery life has been great thus far and will probably get a little better once it fully settles. Not to mention more software updates to come in the near future.

H+ and WiFi always on btw.
    08-11-11 06:01 PM
    Heavy user, been about 12 hours thus far and I'm a little over 50%.
    How did you get past the laws of physics?

I've seen some exaggerations before with the 8900 and 9700, this one got the throne.
    08-11-11 06:07 PM
    The battery life on mine is superb too. Yesterday I logged probably 5 hours of tuneinradio listening, lots of playing and browsing and it was still well in the green when I went to bed. Thus far my battery is very similar to the 9780 / 9700 and this is just beyond wonderful
    08-11-11 06:30 PM
    I am satisfied with battery life, but it's definitely not as good as my 9780.

I have the brightness set at 80%. I do have twitter and facebook engaged. Moderate usage and I'm 25% where I'd normally be around 50% by end of day.
    08-11-11 06:34 PM
    Mine is at around 40% and I'm a heavy user. Loads of bbm here about 12 hrs in. Wifi and bluetooth off though. While it isn't as good as my 9780, I think its still more than acceptable. Love this phone, love, love, love it.

08-11-11 06:35 PM
    How did you get past the laws of physics?

I've seen some exaggerations before with the 8900 and 9700, this one got the throne.
    Pardon? I've had it on since 7AM basically and I'm starring at the battery showing slightly above 50%...
    08-11-11 06:41 PM
    Pardon? I've had it on since 7AM basically and I'm starring at the battery showing slightly above 50%...
    Hmm do you have a battery monitor app or some type of battery app? One time I was going on 4 hours for my Torch and it was still saying 90% and then when I refreshed the battery app it changed to the Right percentage which was 75% (Took it off the charger at 10:30 AM because that's what time I wake up.)
    08-11-11 07:03 PM
    What OS are you ppl using ... getting this superb battery life. I just look at my phone and it's down to 25%!

Started the day with 100% at 8:30am, slight usage and it was 8% at 5:30pm! No wifi, no BT, 10% brightness ... !?
    My 9900's running Droid battery specs, not BB!
    you phone is also running droid hardware specs now too
    aNYthing24 and louzer like this.
    08-11-11 07:11 PM
    Screen brightness will not cause your battery to drain at over 20% an hour. Some of the only possible explanations are either poor reception, or you have your phone tethered to a dishwasher.

Try an OS reload as well. Just for reference, my current battery drain is 5.5% an hour

08-11-11 07:23 PM
    you phone is also running droid hardware specs now too
    Bazingaaaaa

andino likes this.
    08-11-11 07:24 PM
    Fully charged at 8 am it was dead by 1. I barley used it. Listened to 5 songs few bbm that's it rest time was in stand by.

Do you have GPS running at all times? What about Bluetooth? How about NFC? (i mean you are probably NEVER using NFC currently and I have no idea how much that might drain the battery) not to mention, if your phone is new than the battery needs to be used a little bit before it hits it's normal charge level.. the day I got my Berry the Battery life sucked too.. it needs to be used and charged a bit before it starts working at its optimum level [:
    08-11-11 07:30 PM
    Some of the only possible explanations are either poor reception, or you have your phone tethered to a dishwasher.
    Ha Ha Ha
    sarthak likes this.
    08-11-11 07:32 PM
    What OS are you ppl using ... getting this superb battery life. I just look at my phone and it's down to 25%!

Started the day with 100% at 8:30am, slight usage and it was 8% at 5:30pm! No wifi, no BT, 10% brightness ... !?
    My 9900's running Droid battery specs, not BB!
    I'm passed the 12 hr mark with 50% left on Android. Seems in some cases,android specs aren't that bad huh?

08-11-11 07:36 PM
    We need a thread which basically has good/bad battery experiences and what OS you are using.
    08-11-11 07:39 PM
    Can you give a quick summary of what apps you have installed. Have the same SW and last only 8 hours...
    08-11-11 07:39 PM
    I would not panic until you have discharged and fully charged at least once.

Same thing happened with my new 9700 and Playbook when I got them too, first charge was ****.
    08-11-11 07:46 PM

Sign of things to come. Until now, we have read the reviews which mostly concentrated on positive aspects of the phone. Now we will know shortcomings of this phone soon.
    08-11-11 08:04 PM
    Been unplugged since 6AM this morning. Fairly moderate use (while driving), heavy use while sitting at my desk with everybody taking a peak at the phone.

Just started beeping for low battery. Twitter refresh every 30 minutes, Bluetooth on, playbook tethering for 20 minutes during my break to see if it was faster than the old 9000. Also facebook chat for about 2h or so during the day on & off.

Loving the battery life, I didn't have to restrain myself from playing with it and it held up. Can't complain here.

Running Vodafone-DE version btw.
    Last edited by SSMiKe06; 08-11-11 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Need to learn how to put words I think on the screen.
    08-11-11 08:12 PM
    I'm passed the 12 hr mark with 50% left on Android. Seems in some cases,android specs aren't that bad huh?

What Andriod? I am running a week old mytouch 4G and I charge at least 3 times a day, granted I am on it a lot, from liveprofile/Smsing, internet, a little streaming of music/netflix, s few short calls here and there and some gaming. I just fully charged it up 2 hours ago and sitting at 77% right now. I know HTC don't have great battery life, but I may be back on my 9700 faster than I thought.

Also have done most of the recommendations for preserving battery life. Thinking of trying juice defender next, but expensive for an app. I am on EDGE bars a lot as well.

08-11-11 09:12 PM

I have had the same issue. I got my 9900 yesterday charged it all night. took off charge at 8 am by 1pm the battery was red and by 3 i could not use the radio. Please let me know if its just the battery. I moved from the torch but cant keep going with this if it dies by 1
    08-11-11 09:30 PM
    What Andriod? I am running a week old mytouch 4G and I charge at least 3 times a day, granted I am on it a lot, from liveprofile/Smsing, internet, a little streaming of music/netflix, s few short calls here and there and some gaming. I just fully charged it up 2 hours ago and sitting at 77% right now. I know HTC don't have great battery life, but I may be back on my 9700 faster than I thought.

Also have done most of the recommendations for preserving battery life. Thinking of trying juice defender next, but expensive for an app. I am on EDGE bars a lot as well.

Galaxy S on Gingerbread. I have to say my Incredible S has pretty good battery life also.

08-11-11 10:10 PM
    Sounds to me like an OS issue. Storm and Tour both had these strange "battery drain" posts all over CB, and only after months and months did they really go away with new OS updates or unofficial leaks.

08-11-11 10:25 PM
    Sign of things to come. Until now, we have read the reviews which mostly concentrated on positive aspects of the phone. Now we will know shortcomings of this phone soon.
    Um really? Because the reviews I have read has compared this battery life to that of the 9780 and have said they could get up to 2 or 3 days out of the 9900 and atleast a day out of heavy use. The problem he is having is either due to the phone having a new battery that needs to get worked in, or certain apps he has are draining the battery/OS version. The phone has been reviewed as good battery life, you should go read one a little more in depth rather than just skim them and you'll see it.

Not to mention, 1000's of people have this phone and about 2 or 3 of them have complained about the battery life... People who have decent/good battery life with these phones aren't going to make a thread "ZOMG BATTERY LIFE IS GOOD" they would rather just play with their phone and kind of lean off of crackberry as what always happens when new phones come out.. CrackBerry traffic goes up TREMENDOUSLY, especially on the forums, but then starts to decrease after the phones are released.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-11-11 at 10:36 PM.
    Yuongn likes this.
    08-11-11 10:32 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD