Impossible! My phone lasts all day ( 10hrs )!! I browser the web 5-10mins every hour, checking crackberry, bgr, engadget... send/receive 15-20 emails a day, bbm and group chat a lot. As for standby, over night 8hrs battery went from 95% to 78%. So there is no way playing 5 songs and some bbm msging would drain the battery that fast! there has gotta to be something you've done to the phone... an app maybe? or are u in a zone where cell signal is weak and dropping consistently? got to be something causing the drain or a defective battery. I'm on H+ most of the day, i do see it drop to edge once awhile.
    08-11-11 10:45 PM
    Two days now, consistently get 12 hrs.
    08-11-11 11:31 PM
    Two days now, consistently get 12 hrs.
    Now that's the kind of report EVERYONE has been needing!
    08-11-11 11:35 PM
    i wouldnt call it consistent if its only been two days. let me know how it is for 2 weeks and if you still are averaging 12 hrs, then we'll call it consistent.

i agree with what the other person said about making a thread to gather battery data

it should be stickied and have info like

os version
    edge, 3g, h+ or 4g, cdma
    screen brightness
    approx usage (txts, browsing,calls, emails, bbm, pics taken, vids recorded etc)
    possible apps that get notifications or alerts that may put a drain on the battery.

start time.
    time of day when 50%
    time of day when 25%
    what time you threw it back on the charger.

this would really kinda help shed some light on battery performance.

kevin
    Can I get back to you in two weeks when all that would matter to you?
    BBThemes likes this.
    08-12-11 01:31 AM
    How did you get past the laws of physics?

I've seen some exaggerations before with the 8900 and 9700, this one got the throne.
    Actually most users i have talked to have very similar stories about battery life with the 9900. Getting rid of all the bloatcode seems to have payed off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 01:54 AM
    The battery to reach it optimum charge level must be left to discharge and then charged back up again in two cycles. If the issue with your BlackBerry persists then see if an OS reload helps, I have heard nothing but good things about the battery life in 9900
    08-12-11 02:17 AM
    How long do we have to charge the battery on the 9930 for first time? or it doesnt matter since its linthium
    08-12-11 03:04 AM
    It would not matter if you did have GPS, BT, NFC, etc going the battery does not run down at that rate. There is either a lot more going on with the OP's phone in the back ground or it is defective.

He needs to charge the device fully and then go at it. Look at what is running in the background and report back. If his battery life was typical, imagine what the forum would be like now!
    08-12-11 05:39 AM
    Try setting the screen brightness lower, to maybe 30 or 40%. Also, I find that if you have the GPS turned off (unless you need it for GPS apps) then that helps. If you can, ensure that your apps refresh at longer intervals, too. That should help some with the battery life.
    08-12-11 06:16 AM
    The battery to reach it optimum charge level must be left to discharge and then charged back up again in two cycles. If the issue with your BlackBerry persists then see if an OS reload helps, I have heard nothing but good things about the battery life in 9900
    I don't think you need to do this with lithium batteries. They don't have a 'memory'. I think you can just charge and discharge when you like.
    homer1475 likes this.
    08-12-11 06:18 AM
    Ok... Here's what I did. Wiped the device and reloaded the OS. DO NOT install any apps or reload from backups. Do a fresh install. I loaded my contacts from bb protect backup and my contact list automatically updated for bbm. Do not restore anything else. It seems that there might be a battery drain from some remnants of the restore from a previous device.

Originally I was at about 50-60% after 4hrs.
    Today, I am still 90% after 4 hrs. But with a bit less usage today.

Still this is very promising.

08-12-11 10:37 AM
    I've heard of instances where the SD card can cause a battery drain issue.
    08-12-11 07:01 PM
    I've heard of instances where the SD card can cause a battery drain issue.
    How so? I can't imagine why?
    08-12-11 07:08 PM
    Just reboot the phone, fixed the problem like 95% of the time....the OS probably got hung on some process.
    08-12-11 09:45 PM
    I've had my 9900 on since 6:30am it's now 11pm and my battery is at 41% it was about the same for yesterday too.
    08-13-11 01:06 AM
    I don't have my 9930 as of yet, but what we all know is these devices are massed produced. Tho we hold rim to a very high quality standard they kicked out more than x-amount of phones. So quite a few of them run like the original builds(good battery life and fluid os) & others are going to have some issues. Hopefully! It is not a software leak going on. Now that will be up to rim tomfix for everyone's device.
    08-13-11 01:34 AM
    Yall crazy! I have been off the cord for 15 hours now and am sitting pretty at 54% battery life with heavy usage all day. Granted.... I am using a 9780 at the moment lol.

08-13-11 02:21 AM
    Yall crazy! I have been off the cord for 15 hours now and am sitting pretty at 54% battery life with heavy usage all day. Granted.... I am using a 9780 at the moment lol.

yea my 9700 has excellent battery life as well

makes me worry reading all these posts about battery life problems on the 9900, but well... i'll buy one anyway... i've been waiting too long and it just seems like the perfect smartphone, i just need and want it !

i'll just get one of these: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-yWkEl-H

then i should be fine ._. that battery is so small, i can just put another one in my pocket or my wallet, so w/e
    08-13-11 03:42 AM
    How so? I can't imagine why?
    Faulty card seems to be one of the more recurring issues. A quick Google search will bring up a good number of hits.

There is a thread here on Crackberry about compression use on the SD card causing battery drain and performance issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-611882/

I hope this helps.
    08-13-11 07:11 AM
    I am now on day three after two complete charges and the battery live improved. I took it off the charger at 7.15AM yesterday and now i am at 20%. Good usage and calls. I believe that the battery improves and some complete charges and not roaming in Canada being with ATT seems to help as well. Am H+ everywhere!!! LOVE IT
    08-13-11 07:18 AM
    How did you get past the laws of physics?

I've seen some exaggerations before with the 8900 and 9700, this one got the throne.
    What kind of exaggerations have you heard, because I went 50+ hours testing to see how long my 9800 battery would last.

08-13-11 07:21 AM
    I've been using mine now for 5 hours, a lot of surfing on an edge service and an hour of music and I've still 70% remaining! Bbm is signed in constantly.

Very impressed so far!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 07:45 AM
    My only requirement is that I can go all day without a charger. I must not be a heavy user though, with my iPhone I don't normally plug-in until I go to bed. Seems like the 9900 battery will meet my needs perfectly.
    08-13-11 09:28 AM
    i lefft my bold at 65% lastnight and this morning it was at 35% fml
    08-13-11 09:42 AM
    Ok... Here's what I did. Wiped the device and reloaded the OS. DO NOT install any apps or reload from backups. Do a fresh install. I loaded my contacts from bb protect backup and my contact list automatically updated for bbm. Do not restore anything else. It seems that there might be a battery drain from some remnants of the restore from a previous device.

Originally I was at about 50-60% after 4hrs.
    Today, I am still 90% after 4 hrs. But with a bit less usage today.

Still this is very promising.

Thanks for your post. I am experiencing significant battery problems (drains to less than 20% with just 7 hours of basic use). I have a few questions:
    1. how can I see which OS is currently running on my BBold 9900
    2. How do you "wipe" the device?
    3. How do you reload the OS?
    4. which OS should I reload ??

I'd greatly appreciate your help. If this fails, I am taking the phone back in for a hardware exchange.
    08-13-11 10:45 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD