Hey guys,

I just recently got the bold 9900 and i could feel that the optical trackpad sticking out a little bit from the surface which makes it very easy to use. But somehow, it got the black screen so I had to exchange it. And now, on the new bold 9900 that the carrier gave me, the optical trackpad is not sticking out. It is almost flat. Is this normal?

And also there are minor defects on the bottom of the phone (doesn't not affect everyday use or aesthetic of the phone). Therefore, i asked the guy to exchange me for another blackberry but he doesn't want to since the defect and the optical trackpad don't affect the functionality of the phone. What should I do guys??? :/

Thanks guys!
    09-16-11 11:47 PM
    Talk with store manager... say that you want what you have paid for.
    Sharma15 and ipodnanovideo like this.
    09-17-11 12:41 AM
    i dont really understand what your problem is, but from my experience, i had a fairly easy time exchanging my phone. I did it at bestbuy, the only annoying part was that they kept trying to sell me the insurance package.
    ipodnanovideo likes this.
    09-17-11 01:35 AM
    Is yours flat or sunken? Does it still have movement and click when pressed? I am exchanging my 9900 because the trackpad is sunk; when you press it there is almost no movement to it plus no click. Also on mine the back and end key side is up so I can feel the sharp plastic edge.
    My concern with such imprefections is could they develop into a more serious problem down the road when you can't exchange it or use warranty. Even a perfect device can have issues down the road, but in my case, if I'm commiting to a long contract, I want a perfect phone to last that time.
    I would talk to the manager if the slaes guy is being difficult.
    09-17-11 09:42 AM
    How flat?? Flush with the screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 11:08 AM
    Talk with store manager... say that you want what you have paid for.
    that's what I am gonna do!
    09-17-11 02:43 PM
    i dont really understand what your problem is, but from my experience, i had a fairly easy time exchanging my phone. I did it at bestbuy, the only annoying part was that they kept trying to sell me the insurance package.
    i went to see them again. they told me that their manager was not there so they can't give me the phone. and they said: every single phone is different. it's normal to have small defects.

REALLY???
    09-17-11 02:44 PM

when i put it on the table, and try to looking at it from volume rocker side, i cant see the lighten contour of the trackpad.
    09-17-11 02:49 PM

@ ipodnanovideo: would be more helpful if you indicated your carrier and where you purchased your phone (upgrade, contract, full purchase...), as those that reply would be in a better position to offer better suggestions based on their experiences with the carrier or store where you got your phone.
    I am with Telus. I am a new customer. This is the second bold 9900 i got because the first one had the black screen (with flashing LED light). I have a 3 years contract.
    09-17-11 02:50 PM
    There is a great degree of variation of the trackpad height due to the poor design and implementation of the call-end panel not being anchored to anything. The call-end panels I've seen have different degrees of height/depth around the hole that the trackpad sits in that gives the illusion that the pad is sunk or raised.

It probably doesn't affect performance - its only annoying when viewed from the perspective that one has either paid $600 or locked themselves into a 2-3 year plan for such poor design and execution.
    09-17-11 03:39 PM
    I think you need to relax and try to enjoy your phone. I doubt you will find one that will pass all of your scrutiny. It is simply a piece of consumer electronics and they WILL vary from one unit to another.
    09-17-11 03:45 PM
    BTW, you may want to add the info (carrier, phone model) to your profile, that way ppl here will be able to tell at a glance and offer help with a better understanding of your predicament based on available info.

Regarding the phone that you have:
    It's rather difficult to judge the physical issues with your current phone, but I can tell you that my phone also has a trackpad which is flush with the bezel and it does not impede on anything since it's an optical trackpad.

What do you mean by minor defects on the bottom? something popped out of place, dented, misaligned?

There are two scenarios. You paid for the phone and became a customer of Telus. If you are not satisfied with the phone, you have the right to exchange for a new unit (within a limited time frame). As mentioned before, speak with the manager if you are not satisfied. Should they give you another phone, make sure to physically check the phone and try it in the store before leaving so you are satisfied with the phone and don't have to repeat the process again - the store salespeople/manager may just shrug you off if you keep coming back because of small issues.

The second scenario is less optimistic. They may well refuse to exchange the unit if there's some little cosmetic issue, but there's always the option of calling Telus customer service and letting them speak with the store manager to help in the matter.

Cheers

... and welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    Alternatively simply return it for a cash refund or cancel your plan with the required time frame to do so if the cosmetic issues are too much for you to put up with.
    09-17-11 03:57 PM
    That's just how the trackpad should be flat

Read this

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utions-648306/
    09-17-11 04:02 PM
    That's just how the trackpad should be flat

Read this

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utions-648306/
    but when i touched the blackberry button and back button. it makes a squeeze sound, similar to the sound that you make by jumping over your bed. is that normal too :/
    09-17-11 04:25 PM
    Im not sure about that sound my back and esc sounds also when I press them but a normal sound not that one you describe xD
    09-17-11 04:42 PM
    I am with Telus. I am a new customer. This is the second bold 9900 i got because the first one had the black screen (with flashing LED light). I have a 3 years contract.
    I work at BestBuy Mobile and most returned Bold 9900s are Telus and Made in Mexico 4/5. Is yours Made in Mexico 4? Telus also gave me run around and even charged me $600 saying I abused their exchange policy. I called RIM's 1-800 number and yelled at them and they force the Telus to return my money.

Show the manager of the phone store this thread and call RIM and give them s***!
    09-17-11 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD