Hi,

Recently I replaced the keyboard on my BB Bold 9900. After replacing the device don't turn on it runs on a continuous reboot only with the red light.

Any idea about what can I do, I try with two different keyboards pieces and can't boot my phone on.

Cheers.
    06-07-16 05:26 PM
    Sorry to see you're having issues. I had successfully replaced the keyboard on a Tour that I owned a few years back and ran into a few hitches before I was able to get it to work the right way. When you remove the keyboard, there is a ribbon cable that attaches like a plug and socket and when you install the new one, you've got to make sure that this cable is properly connected otherwise the device won't recognize it.

The looped reboot issue you're having could be pointing to something else, though.

You may need to go to your computer and locate the AppLoader directory (Program Files > Common Files >Research In Motion > AppLoader) and go into Loader. Connect your phone. It should say "COM1" under the "connection" dropdown. As soon as you see it switch to "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" hit "next" and make sure you do it quickly. It's a timing thing so you have to do it fast otherwise it won't work. It's a little easier without the battery. If you get it right, the Loader Wizard should pop up where you will be able to select the OS options you want to install and let the installer go through it's process. You'll probably have to re-load your data so hopefully you've got a semi-recent backup.

Hope this helps.
    06-07-16 06:50 PM
    Concur with Eric above. I'd first recheck the kb plug connector. Easily miss aligned.

Also, are you sure battery is charged? Did you replace entire kb as an assembly? What issues were you having that prompted you to change kb?
    06-07-16 07:17 PM
    Sorry to see you're having issues. I had successfully replaced the keyboard on a Tour that I owned a few years back and ran into a few hitches before I was able to get it to work the right way. When you remove the keyboard, there is a ribbon cable that attaches like a plug and socket and when you install the new one, you've got to make sure that this cable is properly connected otherwise the device won't recognize it.

The looped reboot issue you're having could be pointing to something else, though.

You may need to go to your computer and locate the AppLoader directory (Program Files > Common Files >Research In Motion > AppLoader) and go into Loader. Connect your phone. It should say "COM1" under the "connection" dropdown. As soon as you see it switch to "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" hit "next" and make sure you do it quickly. It's a timing thing so you have to do it fast otherwise it won't work. It's a little easier without the battery. If you get it right, the Loader Wizard should pop up where you will be able to select the OS options you want to install and let the installer go through it's process. You'll probably have to re-load your data so hopefully you've got a semi-recent backup.

Hope this helps.
    Hi!

Well already try that. I can connect but at the 2nd step of the recovery process (AppLoader connect to JVM) the BB start rebooting again.
    06-07-16 07:34 PM
    Give us a little history about your phone :

How long have you been using it , which OS are you running ?

Was your battery in good shape ( do you have spare batteries ) ?

Why did you change the keyboard ?

This type of info would help in trying to figure out what went wrong.
    06-07-16 08:14 PM
    Hi!

Well already try that. I can connect but at the 2nd step of the recovery process (AppLoader connect to JVM) the BB start rebooting again.
    If it's at the point where it switches to USB-PIN:UNKNOWN in the dropdown it's just a time-sensitive thing where you've got to hit the "next" button at the correct time otherwise it doesn't work. It's tricky and a bit of a pain. Have you tried it without the battery? From what I've seen, that can sometimes make the process a little easier to nail down. I'm not exactly sure why this is but nonetheless, this tends to be the case.

It sounds like you're close, you just have to get into the Loader Wizard.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-13-16 12:20 PM