Just found out today after 3 weeks the compass cannot be calibrated. I have been waving this thing around in a figure of 8 for over two minutes and no vibration (usually this should take 5 - 10 seconds or so) however the fact that you had to do it every time you use wikitude was ridiculus. So can not use the motion sensor in Rollercoaster, Need for Speed and wikitude.Anyone else had this issue. Looks like I will be returning for replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 04:29 PM
    same here, i tried calibrating it and i saw a vid on youtube..and the dude just spun it around in his palms and i calibrated soo quickly.

will keep an eye for any update on it.
    09-22-11 05:01 PM
    NVM, i just went into compass and tried it around but instead of waving in a figure 8 like the iphone. i just flipped it around and it worked.
    09-22-11 05:02 PM
    I think mine didn't calibrate the first time I tried because I moved it too fast. Try making figure 8's slowly. Worked for me. Only took about 20 seconds.

09-22-11 07:47 PM
    I also found it calibrates a lot faster just flipping it in your hand.
    Not sure how that figure 8 thing works

Just roll it over sideways a couple times in the palm of your hand, then flip it length-wise... bingo.
    09-22-11 08:58 PM
    The figure 8 thing is in the 9930's help file.

09-23-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD