Hi,
    I'm seriously considering buying a charging dock for my new 9900, but I'm reading mixed reviews about the quality of it. There are people claiming that it's too shallow and the phone doesn't sit on it properly all the time, making it difficult to get a connection with the charging points. I had the old 8900 and this was never a concern.
    Anybody out there who actually own one of these that could possibly give me some advice?
    Thanks.
    PS: Yes, I did a search and read other related posts. I just want personal opinions from people who actually own one.
    01-07-12 01:02 AM
    i just got mine today....you are right....you have to get the device to sit just right otherwise it wont charge.....poor design in my opinion....I have had cradle's for all my devices and this is the worst one! Luckily I didnt pay much....Ebay for $7 original OEM.
    01-07-12 01:26 AM
    oem works fine with me even with a case on.
    01-07-12 01:29 AM
    can you tell me which crate and which dock you have used?
    01-07-12 02:24 AM
    I bought mine from the CB shop. It is shallow and a bit finicky, but I got used to it very quickly. Works great.
    01-07-12 04:51 AM
    I bought mine of Ebay, and I'm considering buying one more. Sure, it's not as sturdy a design as one might hope for, and the phone needs to be placed just right for it to charge. that being said, this isn' exactly rocket science... Great product, especially if you can get it for cheap :P
    01-07-12 05:19 AM
    Im going to go ahead and declare BS on that one. Unless its a vinyl skin, there is no way the the junk OEM cradle will charge your BB with a case on it.

To the op: skip this charging cradle - its crap. Do yourself a favor and buy a seidio case which has a compatible charging cradle. You dont even have to remove the case.
    joju58 likes this.
    01-07-12 05:54 AM
    Hi,
    I'm seriously considering buying a charging dock for my new 9900, but I'm reading mixed reviews about the quality of it. There are people claiming that it's too shallow and the phone doesn't sit on it properly all the time, making it difficult to get a connection with the charging points. I had the old 8900 and this was never a concern.
    Anybody out there who actually own one of these that could possibly give me some advice?
    Thanks.
    PS: Yes, I did a search and read other related posts. I just want personal opinions from people who actually own one.
    Get this one. It was only $7 and it works much better than the OEM one. It doesn't fall over and is easy to position the phone in the pod. It is a much better design in my opinion.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    blackmoe likes this.
    01-07-12 06:14 AM
    The OEM cradle is just fine. You need only make sure that your phone is inserted with it straight up and level and it will charge every time. I guess if you were drunk or drugged out of your mind you could have a problem. As far as it falling out of the cradle . . . if in your drunken stupor you bump the phone is may fall out on the table the cradle is set on!
    01-07-12 06:44 AM
    thanks for the answers. even with the negative experiences, i think there are a few positive ones that will make me give the oem cradle a try, specially because it is not that expensive after all.
    if i end up not liking the oem one i will give the ebay suggested one a try.
    also, correct me if i am wrong, but a $7 charging dock from china or hong kong out of ebay is most likely not a real oem product, but a fake, even when they might look just the same.
    thanks again!!
    01-07-12 08:09 AM
    I have 2 of them and it takes a little getting use to. Definitely not as easy as my 9700 docks. That being said I have no problems any longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 08:13 AM
    Im going to go ahead and declare BS on that one. Unless its a vinyl skin, there is no way the the junk OEM cradle will charge your BB with a case on it.

To the op: skip this charging cradle - its crap. Do yourself a favor and buy a seidio case which has a compatible charging cradle. You dont even have to remove the case.
    Case Mate Barely there (non aluminum) with OEM dock.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-644533/

Been reviewed many times here.

I got mine from CB store about a month ago. Works fine.

Also got it to fit a holster with the case on. You have to use a Bold 9000 holster for a 9900 with a case on.

mjs416 - why would I lie about this if I spent the money to buy a dock and case that works together?
    Last edited by narci; 01-07-12 at 09:02 AM.
    01-07-12 08:52 AM
    The OEM cradle is functional at best and only after you get used to it. Word of caution though: straight up and down mine won't charge. I need to tilt the phone slightly to the right. Also, the first time I used it the phone only charged to 95%. A battery pull fixed that.
    01-07-12 09:19 AM
    Get this one. It was only $7 and it works much better than the OEM one. It doesn't fall over and is easy to position the phone in the pod. It is a much better design in my opinion.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    +1, much better than the slim oem cradle. i've used both.
    01-07-12 09:33 AM

Thanks for the link - just bought it as it can't be any worse than the oem one I'm using. Totally fed up with my phone falling out of the dock with the slightest touch or bump.
    01-07-12 10:49 AM
    01-07-12 01:53 PM
    I have 2 of them and it takes a little getting use to. Definitely not as easy as my 9700 docks. That being said I have no problems any longer.
    Thats exactly my experience. I've had mine for 2-3 months, it was a bit fiddly for the first week but I don't notice it now - it does demand more accuracy than the 9700 one though.
    01-07-12 02:03 PM
    okay, after reading a bit more about the ebay one with the deeper pocket i decided to give that one a try, considering it is only $7 including shipping. if i don't like it i will then buy the original one.
    thanks everybody for your answers and opinions.
    01-07-12 06:27 PM
    Another +1 on the China copy of the original Blackberry dock. It works a treat. Easy slip in, pull out, zero chance of falling over and in middle-of-the-night-sleep-mode you don't have to hunt around for the ideal 'meeting-point' between phone contacts and dock.

Fool proof; first time, every time.

Only negative is that it does not feel as solid as either the original BB docks from back in the day, or the newer slim-line version. Feels cheap and plasticky.

But for me function over form any day of the week!
    01-10-12 05:17 AM

+1 i agree, i also use Seidio case with Seidio's charging cradle at home and also using Seidio belt clip. Love their product. For 9900/30 devices they did very good job quality wise, for older models they also was good but broke easily on the side when two parts attach to each other. For 9900/30 they build cases to last forever.
    01-10-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD