Does anybody know of a charging car dock for the 9900 that makes use of the bottom charging points? As I spend my day in the car I was thinking I should try and charge my phone in the car instead of the house.

I was stuck in traffic this morning and beside me was a Volvo and on the dash the guy had a really cool car dock, I couldn't tell if it was a 9700 or a 9900 as the phone was completely enclosed in it but that's exactly what I would want.

Any help is much appreciated.
    11-28-11 05:04 AM
    I haven't seen one out there yet...

Unfortunately I haven't seen many of these in recent years and its a shame. Ericsson used to have them for nearly every model and they worked great...

PG
    11-28-11 09:21 AM
    Brodit do one where the handset slides in from the side and uses a USB charger that is affixed to the cradle. That's what I am using at the moment.

I know its not what you are looking for but its the best and probably only option at the moment.

S.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-28-11 10:55 AM
    Brodit do one where the handset slides in from the side and uses a USB charger that is affixed to the cradle. That's what I am using at the moment.

I know its not what you are looking for but its the best and probably only option at the moment.

S.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I was looking at it today, how easy is it to slide it in or out?
    11-28-11 11:23 AM
    Not too bad at all and so far doesnt seem to be scratching the silver bezel.

Also, acts as a smart accessory, so can change profile/wifi/BT etc upon connection.

So, mine changes to a quieter profile (as the ringtone comes through a bluetooth kit, BT is switched on (if its off) and wifi is switched off (if its on). I also have a 'lights-on' app that keeps the screen and keyboard illuminated while on charge.

Steve
    11-28-11 12:25 PM
    Not too bad at all and so far doesnt seem to be scratching the silver bezel.

Also, acts as a smart accessory, so can change profile/wifi/BT etc upon connection.

So, mine changes to a quieter profile (as the ringtone comes through a bluetooth kit, BT is switched on (if its off) and wifi is switched off (if its on). I also have a 'lights-on' app that keeps the screen and keyboard illuminated while on charge.

Steve
    Thanks, that sounds good, I think I'll give it a try, I had enough of universal car holders
    11-28-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD