I am returning this phone right away! This camera is a joke! I'm glad I still have my 9650!! Is this a 5 megapixel camera really? Or a 2 megapixel rebadged as a 5 mp?

The pics are garbage, and close pictures are not even usable!

I know it's a great phone, but I'm not gonna carry a phone this big and carry a digital camera!

Thank you RIM for spoiling my dream about having the 9000 form factor with upgraded guts!
    Last edited by Connor-BB; 08-12-11 at 09:19 PM.
    James Wang likes this.
    08-12-11 09:06 PM
    Really? This is the first we have heard of this. Thanks for the heads up
    08-12-11 09:11 PM
    again what were rim engineers smoking.evof really?this could have been a bestseller but it was not to be.flagship title for this no way.the torch takes it.the i5 will blow even the torch to pieces.rim just can't catch up yet.time for a new development team.
    08-12-11 09:14 PM
    I am returning this phone right away! This camera is a joke! I'm glad I still have my 9650!! Is this a 5 megapixel camera really? Or a 2 megapixel rebadged as a 5 mp?

The pics are garbage, and close pictures are not even usable!

I know it's a great phone, but I'm not gonna carry a phone this big and carry a digital camera!

Thank you RIM for spoiling my dream about having the 9000 form factor with upgraded guts!
    Troll alert.

I call BS. 9930 isn't even released yet.
    johnmarki and PurpleBerryB like this.
    08-12-11 09:14 PM
    I typed by mistake! I am so mad!!
    08-12-11 09:20 PM
    how did you even get the phone? it isn't even out yet.
    08-12-11 09:23 PM
    You're still a troll, and a liar.

You have a 9650 thus you're on a CDMA carrier. The 9930 is a CDMA phone which is what you'd need to work with your CDMA carrier. The 9900 would not work with your carrier, thus you've never had a 9900 or a 9930 and are just trying to stir ****.
    ADGrant, johnmarki, Alia and 2 others like this.
    It's a BLACKBERRY. Not a Nikon D7000.
    JUSTQUAN2, johnmarki and SassyD like this.
    troll fail
    08-12-11 09:24 PM
    My passenger today had a 9930 he was from Canada , he said the camera was a Big letdown!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 09:25 PM
    Meant to say 9900!!

08-12-11 09:26 PM
    I'm going to redig up the dead horse.... Time to start beating it's rotting corpse again... DO YOU ENJOY BEATING THE DEAD HORSE!!?? Seriously though, there are tons of posts about this. Sorry it sucks, return it and get a SGS II?
    08-12-11 09:26 PM
    My passenger today had a 9930 he was from Canada , he said the camera was a Big letdown!!!

How odd. I had a client today who had an unreleased 9930 on Sprint and said the camera sucked as well. There must be a trend going on!
    08-12-11 09:27 PM
    Thats cool. Don't like it? Go return it. Simple.

It's a BLACKBERRY not a Canon 5D Mark ii.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-12-11 09:27 PM
    You're still a troll, and a liar.

You have a 9650 thus you're on a CDMA carrier. The 9930 is a CDMA phone which is what you'd need to work with your CDMA carrier. The 9900 would not work with your carrier, thus you've never had a 9900 or a 9930 and are just trying to stir ****.
    You're a troll, stupid. There's TONS of documented evidence of the 9900/9930 camera sucking donkey dookie. Do you ever look?

The camera BLOWS!
    manjazz123 likes this.
    08-12-11 09:29 PM
    Blackberry has never really had good cameras in my opinion, but they're solid phones and a poor camera isn't enough to turn me away. I will be ditching my iPhone for the Bold!
    08-12-11 09:30 PM

9930? TROLL NUMBER 2!!

Hahaha kidding.

08-12-11 09:31 PM
    It's a BLACKBERRY. Not a Nikon D7000.
    DUDE!!!! Blackberry effed up by putting a ****e camera in this phone. You might not care, but those of us that actually USE the camera (I rely on my phones camera, as I don't want to carry and charge and download two devices where one should suffice)...I am PISSED about this.

Honestly, I look at the pics posted and my old Curve 3G is about the same quality.

Sucks azz.

So yeah, it forces people like me who expected RIM to include the decent camera to buy a different product.

Quit trying to stick up for ****e. It's ****e, period, end of story, bye bye, see you later.
    08-12-11 09:33 PM
    You're a troll, stupid. There's TONS of documented evidence of the 9900/9930 camera sucking donkey dookie. Do you ever look?

The camera BLOWS!
    My question is - why all the hating now? It has the SAME camera on the playbook that was released 4 months ago? Why did people NOT complain then? The reviews on the camera were actually quite promising.

You guys are blowing such a small issue way out of proportion. Pictures of text? Is that all you morons take pictures of? Why not go outside and take some real shots instead of sitting indoors and being keyboard warriors.
    asdfjkandreax and johnmarki like this.
    08-12-11 09:33 PM
    Blackberry has never really had good cameras in my opinion, but they're solid phones and a poor camera isn't enough to turn me away. I will be ditching my iPhone for the Bold!
    My Curve 8900, both Bold 9700's and Torch 9800 all had excellent cameras.
    08-12-11 09:35 PM
    I'm wondering how he could have gotten a "seed device" before me, my business Rep with Sprint promised I was 1st and he didn't come through today!
    08-12-11 09:35 PM
    Actually some other threads with not macro pictures were nice I thought. Yes the macro pics sucked, but I thought all the other pictures looked quite nice. Better than my Tour.
    08-12-11 09:38 PM
    If a guy is frustrated from something and wants to vent, THEN LET HIM VENT.

There's no point in calling him liar and trying to do the math of proving him wrong because you want to prove yourself you're a smart$ss.

He's not happy with the phone, he has THE RIGHT to post whatever he wants. Let him be, JEEZ!

With that being said, I played with the 9900 I didn't find the camera to be any worse than the 9800. So I'm ok with it.
    08-12-11 09:39 PM
    My question is - why all the hating now? It has the SAME camera on the playbook that was released 4 months ago? Why did people NOT complain then? The reviews on the camera were actually quite promising.

You guys are blowing such a small issue way out of proportion. Pictures of text? Is that all you morons take pictures of? Why not go outside and take some real shots instead of sitting indoors and being keyboard warriors.
    We're all mad because the spec sheets stated the camera was AF and no one seemed to know different until late last week. It was a nice little *surprise* from RIM.

A sad one.

And really, who bought a Playbook for the camera? ****, for that matter, who bought a Playbook? Sales were dismal.
    08-12-11 09:39 PM
    DUDE!!!! Blackberry effed up by putting a ****e camera in this phone. You might not care, but those of us that actually USE the camera (I rely on my phones camera, as I don't want to carry and charge and download two devices where one should suffice)...I am PISSED about this.

Honestly, I look at the pics posted and my old Curve 3G is about the same quality.

Sucks azz.

So yeah, it forces people like me who expected RIM to include the decent camera to buy a different product.

Quit trying to stick up for ****e. It's ****e, period, end of story, bye bye, see you later.
    Well take it back then! what a concept! Is RIM forcing a gun to your head and forcing you to keep it? Well?

I didnt think so.

You forgot that this is a messaging device FIRST. I never expect much out of a smartphone camera. If it works great and takes excellent photos then super, if not then oh well. I won't loose sleep over it and I sure as **** won't be as "pissed" as you. Okay? Bye bye, see you later. Ugh. Bait... End up taking it every time.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-12-11 09:41 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD