Hi!

I just got my 9900 replacement a few days ago. Something I've noticed is the different behaviour of the metal bezel. At the first 9900 from September 2011 the bezel had the same height as the display glas. The new one seems to be a later hardware revision. I have much better GPS reception (lock in about 5 secs vs. at least 30-60 secs before) and a different design of the small plastic piece at the bottom, between the desktop stand connectors.

But there is another difference - the bezel isn't plain with the display. It's not much, I think half a millimeter. But you can feel and see it. I tried to take a picture:

The display itself is assembled the way, that it's slided into the bezel, on a kind of rail. so pushing or pulling the display/bezel will not work.

Perhaps it's a change to prevent scratches, when the phone is laid down on the display to not touching the ground.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Hope for your answers.

Robert

Sry for my bad english.
    01-23-12 03:52 AM
    My bezel is very (and I mean very) slightly raised above the screen also, as you say could be as little as half a millimetre and mine is around 4-5 months old now I believe. The GPS for me depends where I am to how fast it locks on. As for the charge connectors on the bottom I have no idea if these look different to any other build as this is the only one I've had.
    01-23-12 04:01 AM
    Thanks for sharing. The little thingy at the bottom was more matte and with sharper egdes before. The first one fits better and less noticable into the rest of the bezel.

@others
    Could you share your build quality for comparison?
    01-23-12 05:22 AM
    Mine has the RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD