Don't kid yourself. The browsing on a Android phone is way superior to the BB browsing experience. (I have owned at least 10 blackberries, and the 9930 is a PITA because the pinch to zoom often does not work, leaving the type too small to read!)

On OS 5, BB had column view (which helped TONS when trying to read small text on a web page), on OS 5 you could use the + and - keys to zoom in and out (does not work on the 9930s I have tried.)

In my experience, even when pinch to zoom works, the words do not repaginate, so you are left to scroll back and forth to read every line! It's miserable.

Why in the world did they remove the ability to hit the U key to remove the header from view, enabling you to have more usable screen real estate?

The stupid removal of these 3 features made the BB browsing expericne go from slow but tolerable to just plain terrible IMO.

Aside from that, viewing HTML email is painful on all BBs. You have to perform 5 or 6 additional clicks and slides just to view graphics in EACH email you want to see properly. And even then the layout is all screwed up.

By comparison, Android web browsing and email viewing is a breeze and very elegant. (not to mention how much easier it is to operate on a decent sized screen.)

Just my 2 cents.
    10-23-11 10:02 PM
    Uum, - and + work just fine. Are you sure you have keyboard shortcuts enabled? The text will also re-wrap as long as you double tap or press the trackpad to zoom. Pinch zooming is for images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 10:10 PM
    "Uum, - and + work just fine. Are you sure you have keyboard shortcuts enabled? The text will also re-wrap as long as you double tap or press the trackpad to zoom. Pinch zooming is for images."

None of these work on the 3 9930s I have tried, whether or not the shortcuts is enabled. Double tapping NEVER re-wraps on the handsets I have tried. And I have read where many others have the same issues I have had. Tried many times. Either there is some software which does not have these features enabled, or some of the phones are botched.
    10-23-11 10:33 PM
    I just enabled Keyboard Shortcuts in the browser of my 9930, and the + - signs don't zoom in or out...
    10-23-11 10:53 PM
    The BlackBerry browser on the Bold is pretty good. My wife has one and I was impressed at the speed and how the pages render. I really think that BlackBerry got it right this time. Yes there still is no flash, but I have noticed that flash has made some Android device clunky when it comes to viewing web pages.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 10:57 PM
    In my eyes if you want a superior web surfing experience the Android handsets are going to beat the Blackberry 9900/9930, it won't beat it by far but it is superior.

That being said if you want your phone for getting what you need done as quickly as possible when it comes to emails, text and making phone calls with superior antenna quality go with the Blackberry 9930/9900.

I have had to use both through work and the Android platform gets it done but not nearly as well as Blackberry. I love my 9930 after switching from Android.
    10-23-11 11:31 PM
    I just tried out your bodybuildig website on my Android Thunderbolt and it loaded quickly and completely. The videos loaded and played fine, no issues. In the 7 months I've had my Thunderbolt, I haven't had any issues with the browser at all. All sites have loaded fine. I use my phone as my internet as I don't own a computer. I use it for everything I would do on a computer.

I also switched to Android because I wanted a great web browser. I had a BlackBerry Tour previously. I used a 9930 to check out the browser after I've had my Android and hands down Android browser is better. It's quicker to load pages, loads them correctly and completely, and has full flash. The 9930 I used did have checkerboarding, of course no flash, and it would not render pages correctly part of the time. Obviously, a big screen is nicer too.

Having said that, you do have the trade off of having to have a bigger and heavier device. My Bolt seems bulky and the weight annoys me.

If I did go back to BlackBerry, I would need a tab or computer for internet.
    10-24-11 06:16 AM
    The OS7 browser is very nice but the Android browser is better. It's faster, better at rendering, and uses both flash and HTML5.

Although, I don't think most ppl who consider BBs over other phones buy them because of the browser. Leave apps and web for Android, iPhone and WP7 while BB takes the cake for messaging/business.
    10-24-11 11:09 PM
    I had a torch 9800 to an i4 to the bold 9900. I love the trackpad + touch on bb's and the keyboard. Its a great browsing experience and I hate droids, some sites my bb crushes my friends stupid z what ever. New android every week ftw.
    10-25-11 02:37 AM
    I had a torch 9800 to an i4 to the bold 9900. I love the trackpad + touch on bb's and the keyboard. Its a great browsing experience and I hate droids, some sites my bb crushes my friends stupid z what ever. New android every week ftw.
    Why do you hate Android devices?
    10-25-11 05:53 AM
    Depends on the device. It is equal to some of the mid tier Android phones, but is not even in the same league as a device like the Samsung Galaxy SII.
    10-25-11 06:13 AM
    Jesus I think the 3 page opinions can stop now.

Android wins.

The End.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    10-25-11 07:03 AM
    Too bad you're all talk and no mod. I like reading opinions. I'm wondering if I can get by using the 9930 browser.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-25-11 at 07:17 AM.
    10-25-11 07:05 AM
    Had android for about a year and a half. Browsing is awesome, so if that's what matters most to you, go android. I missed the physical keyboard and the efficiency of bb and couldn't be happier with my 9930.
    10-25-11 07:50 AM
    The BlackBerry browser on the Bold is pretty good. My wife has one and I was impressed at the speed and how the pages render. I really think that BlackBerry got it right this time. Yes there still is no flash, but I have noticed that flash has made some Android device clunky when it comes to viewing web pages.

This is no longer the case with newer Androids, older ones yes. I use my 9900 as my daily driver but if web surfing is the OP's #1 reason for a phone, I'd recommend a SGS2, nothing beats it right now IMO with regards to web surfing, nothing. It renders web pages just like it would on your desktop and flash on it is amazing, no issues.
    10-25-11 11:57 AM
    Contemplating switching from LG Revo on VZW to the 9930. How does email appear on the 9930? My old 9630 was intolerable with all the truncated email, jibberish hyperlinks, etc. Email and web on the Revo was perfect and amazing!
    I am hoping RIM fixed at least the email viewing.

Thanks
    10-25-11 12:58 PM
    This is no longer the case with newer Androids, older ones yes. I use my 9900 as my daily driver but if web surfing is the OP's #1 reason for a phone, I'd recommend a SGS2, nothing beats it right now IMO with regards to web surfing, nothing. It renders web pages just like it would on your desktop and flash on it is amazing, no issues.
    I agree. The browser runs really well on the SGSII. But I still don't have the use for flash on a mobile browser.

10-25-11 06:27 PM
    Contemplating switching from LG Revo on VZW to the 9930. How does email appear on the 9930? My old 9630 was intolerable with all the truncated email, jibberish hyperlinks, etc. Email and web on the Revo was perfect and amazing!
    I am hoping RIM fixed at least the email viewing.

Thanks
    HTML email is still a mess. And you still have to click and slide 5 extra times just to see graphics at all.
    10-25-11 06:34 PM
    Have to agree with this. Viewing pages with flash on my SGSII is amazing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 06:39 PM
    The email on my HTC is awesome! I prefer it over BB. HTML mail loads automatically when selected to for specific contacts. Looks like a PC.
    10-25-11 06:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD