just unlocked my bell mobility 9900 and when i pulled the sim card out a pin bended back with. my micronsim card tray is to blame. what are my options? phone is unlocked by me and wondering if warranty will cover it
    10-02-11 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately, once a device is unlocked, warranty is voided.
    10-02-11 08:02 PM
    Unfortunately, once a device is unlocked, warranty is voided.
    Not true.

However, physical damage by the user typically is not covered by the warranty.
    10-02-11 08:32 PM
    Not true??

Can you please tell me which carriers allows customers to unlock their device without voiding their warranty?
    10-02-11 08:39 PM
    The carriers aren't the ones who do the warranty work, the manufacturer does.
    10-02-11 09:21 PM
    Not true??

Can you please tell me which carriers allows customers to unlock their device without voiding their warranty?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arranty-64291/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rranty-479794/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rranty-261967/
    10-02-11 09:25 PM
    Not true??

if its a uk carrier, they will personally unlock the phone for you. unlocking is merely software, so wouldnt affect a physical warranty claim (and most would never check for it anyways). however as stated as its technically the OP`s fault in the sense it was their additional equipment that caused the issue this could be a problem, however if it was me id say `it bent` and go from there.
    10-02-11 09:27 PM
    Went to Bell Store and clerk said it was my fault so it wasn't covered. Why i was honest i do not know! Phone still works fine just if i sell it on ebay i might get a complaint.
    10-05-11 03:52 PM
    11-22-11 03:08 AM
    I don't think it was worth posting this link and reviving an old thread, but I guess I'll comment on this so maybe we can have something somewhat official on the subject. This is what I've learned from my own experience with taking various BlackBerry smartphones apart, I'm by no means a professional, but I've been on here long enough to feel that I can comment on this.

For most newer BlackBerries (think 8900/9000 onward, possibly even the 8300 series) the SIM card holder is a component of the PCB, It is, in essence, built into the PCB, and therefore replacing the SIM holder/tray is not possible, there are "mends" you can do such as trying to solder the pin's back into the holder/reader module, but the chances of this being successful are highly unlikely and would likely just further damage the device.

The best tip about this is to be very, very careful when removing and inserting a SIM into any device, regardless of who made it, RIM, Apple, HTC, anyone, this can happen on any device regardless of the holder mechanism used to hold the SIM in the device, some are weaker than others, but if your careful, it should be fine.

If your careful, and it still fails, consider contacting RIM directly, if or if not it's covered under your 12/24 month warranty is likely something that they'll determine for themselves, and something we're not likely qualified to speculate on. If it's not, they'll likely offer you some option to receive a replacement at some cost to you, that cost likely being less than what you'll pay to buy a new device outright, but again, that is an issue that I don't have enough experience with (because I have none with RIM and their warranty) to comment on.

Hopefully this helps in some way.
    Last edited by xDAKx; 11-22-11 at 07:06 PM.
    11-22-11 03:30 AM
    Mine was stucked too due to me using microSIM. Never use microSIM for Bold9900/9930 man. Thankfully some experts removed it for me without damaging the SIM card 'detectors' etc.
    11-22-11 04:11 AM
    My first BB 9900 had broken pins when i recieved it so i pushed them down and told the netowkr the phone does not work, they replaced it ASAP so worth giving them a call.
    11-22-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD