While I have been waiting my q10 to be returned from its inpromptu repair, I decided to while away my time like you do with a little home IT project - I have a Bold 9900 that works fine with my playbook, so what else can it do I asked myself..

So I built a home exchange server and installed besx on it.

I have to say, this is amazing. With this, I can access any of my drive shares at home, so no more need for cloud apps that various interested governments can spy on, I just go straight to my own NAS. My email is my own, with no machine scanning from the helpful folks at google, and i can access any of the admin pages for various servers I have running e.g. my minecraft admin pages, its mapping pages, my router admin page etc. All of this I will lose if I put this sim back in the q10 when it is fixed.

And so here I am with an allegedly ancient device, awaiting the return of the latest and greatest. I can do things with it I can't do with a q10, I can operate the essential phone functions faster by virtue of speed dialling and a marvellous trackpad, and I have spotify and a home banking app back that I didn't have on the new device, where apps are supposed to be the strongpoint of the new platform.

I would like to thank RIM (NOT BlackBerry) for the best phone I have ever had. And as for their current fortunes, whilst I believe with BB10 they are totally on the wrong track, I at least wish them luck in so far as they are still able continue to operate BIS for years to come.

Unsuprisingly I didn't chase up the repair shop today..
    08-16-13 04:55 PM
    I would like to thank RIM (NOT BlackBerry) for the best phone I have ever had.
    Ouch...
    08-16-13 04:57 PM