I've been wondering a bit these last days: in your opinion, will new firmwares give more battery life to the 9900? Or is it bound to last about one day forever?
    01-09-12 06:04 PM
    All the other BB I've had the OS updates usually improve performance and battery life, so I'd say yes. Some people on the leaked OS 7.1 are already saying they are seeing improved battery life.
    01-09-12 06:27 PM
    You won't be seeing a big significant gain on battery usage no matter what OS will be coming out for 9900/9930... unless RIM makes a new battery with more power (mAh).. just my 2 cents worth.
    01-09-12 06:50 PM
    RIM or some battery manufacturer should release a bigger battery ASAP.
    Nothing else would solve the current issue.
    01-09-12 09:31 PM
    I agree. Software can only take you so far when you have bad hardware. That being said, newer os upgrades have more 'efficient' battery usage.
    01-10-12 12:23 AM
    I am so disappointed that the new BB Bold Touch 9900 battery is barely lasting one full day. I am constantly plugging it in to keep a full charge. I gather from this thread there is not much one can do about it.
    01-10-12 09:01 AM
    People just have to accept that if you want a modern-day smartphone batteries are not going to last much longer than a day.

If battery life is more important, you're going to have to deal with a featurephone.
    01-10-12 10:54 AM
    If you're experiencing poor battery performance on OS 7.1, please look here. I think I may have uncovered something:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-1-a-687443/
    01-10-12 11:34 AM
    Everyone is telling me that if I want a "modern" phone I have to get used to pulling it to the charger once or more a day. But I wonder why RIM decided to slim down the 9900 battery while making a phone with a wider screen and the touch screen too. Didnt they realize that maybe, if you use your BB for working, having the battery totally drained in less than 24 hours can be frustrating as ? Why building an amazing phone - because it actually is - whose battery lasts less than a day?

One month ago I had to spend some days studying so I had to stay in office with my BB laying down there and hardly using it. But the battery was falling anyway: even if using it just for some emails and sms, it was at 35%. I had hardly used the device all day!
    01-10-12 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD