I have two batteries and use MeterBerry to monitor the performance. The results are compable between the two. (Bought a second new OEM battery fom local seller for $20 on eBay). Without phone calls, I get about 10 hours use per battery, or about a 10% battery drain per hour.

This sucks and it pisses me off that RIM would launch such a poor product. I don't kow if I will keep it. Real bummer. The only "good news" is that the batteries are small and I can try to plan on carrying two when I expect to be out for 10 hours or more. That's not really good news...
    Last edited by SoxFan; 12-03-11 at 07:07 AM.
    12-02-11 08:53 PM
    hey guys, i used to have an extremely high discharge rate(roughly 20%/hr?) even with my brightness setting at 10,gps off and on .540(the os with the best battery life)

I've noticed that my phone is constantly heated up. I could feel it through my plastic casing(Yes it was that hot) so i noticed something was wrong with the phone. i would unplug my phone from its charger at roughly 9am and would be left with 5-10% worth of battery at 2-3pm.

I then realised that my phone had a hardware defect as it wasn't able to charge a battery when it's completely out of juice. It would just show a battery with a red cross on it. But the thing is that it worked as per normal on other people's phone.

I went on to get a replacement phone and so far i've got no issues with my current phone. My current phone doesn't even heat up as far as i can tell.

the bottom line is that everyone one with an average discharge of 20% should try to get a new phone as there might be a hardware defect.
    12-03-11 09:42 AM
    just thought I'd add I have been on 3G & Wi-fi all day, never once turned it off.

Signal bad in my home, so constantly switching between the 3G booster ffrom Vodafone and EDGE/GPRS.

Battery wise i am liking what I've seen so far. Previously barely lasted 14hrs, now if I make it to 11pm that will be 24hrs! Woohoo!!! (30%, 21.5hrs so far!!!)
    1 Day battery is hardly acceptable when the company gives such kind of claim in the specs:

9900:
    ------------------------
    BlackBerry Bold 9900
    GSM Talk Time: up to 6.3 hours
    GSM Standby Time: up to 12.8 days
    UMTS Talk Time: up to 5.9 hours
    UMTS Standby Time: up to 12.8 days
    Audio Playback Time: up to 50 hours
    Video Playback Time: up to 7.4 hours
    12-19-11 08:47 AM
    1 Day battery is hardly acceptable when the company gives such kind of claim in the specs:
    How do you get from those specs to the claim that 1 day battery is hardly acceptable?
    emirozmen likes this.
    12-19-11 08:53 AM
    How do you get from those specs to the claim that 1 day battery is hardly acceptable?
    I agree, it depends on your usage, doesnt it
    12-19-11 08:59 AM
    It all depends on usage. My 9900 doesn't last for more than 7 hours with NO using voice on a full charge - I have to charge it whenever I can. I think there is something wrong with it - however, I dropped it in some water so warranty - gone! I'm hoping that a better OS will solve some of the battery issues I have. I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 - for me, it's no better than any of the previous ones.
    12-19-11 09:31 AM
    It all depends on usage. My 9900 doesn't last for more than 7 hours with NO using voice on a full charge - I have to charge it whenever I can. I think there is something wrong with it - however, I dropped it in some water so warranty - gone! I'm hoping that a better OS will solve some of the battery issues I have. I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 - for me, it's no better than any of the previous ones.
    That's over 14% per hour battery drain. Could the water damage be the cause of the excessive battery drain?

I don't think the OS is going to make that much difference; you have something more serious going on. Have a look at the long "Battery life!" thread and see if anything there might help. Unless you're usually in an area with really poor reception, there's no way you should be getting such poor battery life with no phone calls.
    12-19-11 09:40 AM
    That's over 14% per hour battery drain. Could the water damage be the cause of the excessive battery drain?

I don't think the OS is going to make that much difference; you have something more serious going on. Have a look at the long "Battery life!" thread and see if anything there might help. Unless you're usually in an area with really poor reception, there's no way you should be getting such poor battery life with no phone calls.
    I agree, but with the water I don't think there is anything I can do. Which isn't great, 'cause I do like this phone!

The only good thing - now I have an excuse to get a new phone when RIM (finally) releases the BB10 units!
    12-19-11 09:51 AM
    I loaded 7.1.0.205 - my battery life has been fantastic. I'm not a heavy user, but I don't turn off WiFi or Bluetooth - my discharge rate is averaging about 3% per hour. Now I can't find a problem with the phone!
    02-06-12 01:42 PM
    I unplug my phone @ 8am..... Within the first hour I am below 90%.... As I am typing this the warning popped up of Battery Low..... So that means 30%...... Its 2:45..... I too am upgraded to the latest release.... This is my first BB - is this good?
    02-06-12 01:45 PM
    Well, it took close to 6 months for my battery life to become acceptable. I removed it from the charger this morning @ 5, and now (7:30) it's down to 95%. I haven't got a battery low message in a while. As I mentioned before, I am not a heavy user, but that seems a little fast to die on you. There are other ideas on how to extend your battery life in this thread - if yours is a new unit, you may be able to swap it for another one - you may have a hardware issue. I had to persist with mine - it got wet so there is no warranty on it now.
    02-07-12 06:37 AM
    My battery was really good after I loaded the .205 OS, but after one day, it went back to being utterly crap. I did some battery pulls, but there wasn't a difference. My settings are at the lowest points, GPS location off, but it still sucks the life out of my stupid battery. I never have Wireless and Bluetooth on, so... what the .
    02-07-12 09:18 AM
    With this is my third 9900 that I had. The first one "died" after only 4 days of having it, the second one went with my carrier because of extremely poor battery life. This is the third one and even though the battery is way more decent than the previous one is still not enough.

I leave my house at 7:30am and by 2pm the battery is at 60% with no use at all, just a little of bit of Twitter and browsing, no bbm and about 25 emails. At this point of the day my 9700 would be at 85% with a heavy usage.

If you are deciding wether or not to get a 9900 I would say no. Yes it is the best bb experience I've ever had but the battery life is a deal breaker for me. I'm thinking about getting a 9810 and in the worst case scenario an iPhone 4S :S
    03-01-12 01:51 PM
    My battery was really good after I loaded the .205 OS, but after one day, it went back to being utterly crap. I did some battery pulls, but there wasn't a difference. My settings are at the lowest points, GPS location off, but it still sucks the life out of my stupid battery. I never have Wireless and Bluetooth on, so... what the .
    Some apps drain battery forno reason. Did u just install or update?
    03-01-12 06:52 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD