1.Disable Your GPS...Even if you dont use it at all!!!!....2. Put your Mobile network to 2G instead of 3G.. and switch it to 3G whenEver you need to browse heavy Webpages or videos or Online Radio... Thats it... You will have 2 full days of battery!... Let me know If you still have trouble with your battery after doing the modifications I mentioned above.
    This is gonna sound like a newb question but how does one switch to 2G? Do you switch out of 1XEV and go to Global?
    09-27-11 05:32 PM
    This is gonna sound like a newb question but how does one switch to 2G? Do you switch out of 1XEV and go to Global?
    2G is for GSM while 1XEV is CDMA hence cannot do a switch between the two..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX - on Tapatalk
    09-27-11 06:29 PM
    im bummed out battery life STINKS! I only get 24hr on this 9900 battery
    09-28-11 12:09 PM
    im bummed out battery life STINKS! I only get 24hr on this 9900 battery
    Wow 24hrs and you're complaining!!!!! I barely get 5 to 6hrs on moderate usage!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 02:41 PM
    I can't go to 2G on my Blackberry Bold 9900 - Virgin Canada. on H+ network.

when I switch to 2G it just stays at SOS
    09-28-11 02:44 PM
    1.Disable Your GPS...Even if you dont use it at all!!!!....2. Put your Mobile network to 2G instead of 3G.. and switch it to 3G whenEver you need to browse heavy Webpages or videos or Online Radio... Thats it... You will have 2 full days of battery!... Let me know If you still have trouble with your battery after doing the modifications I mentioned above.
    I don't believe in dumbing down a phone just to get "normal" 8hr usage. Nonetheless I have brightness set to lowest, social feeds uninstalled, no apps running in background, no apps refreshing in background etc etc. And still can't get thru 8 hrs. Took off full charge at 9am and down to 10% by 3pm

09-28-11 02:51 PM
    So I might as well turn it off or get a different phone

I am using my company issued 9930. my "normal" use would be email and phone call. I had it charged to 100% this morning. With 4 less than 30 seconds phone calls, 4 short text messages, and 6 hours later I am down to 15%!!!!
    Something is wrong. Mine last all day with heavy use. Might be poor signal.
    09-28-11 09:17 PM
    Battery life is the least important feature - just buy 5 extra batteries and keep them in your condom pocket.

09-28-11 11:11 PM
    The one redeeming aspect of the JM1 battery is that it's thin enough for me to be able to carry a spare in my wallet.

But we're past the worry-free days of the 9780/9700. Now it's something you always have to think about and it sucks.
    09-28-11 11:58 PM
    Right! This is a screenshot that clearly shows I have an issue.
    Nothing is being set to geth data in the background, 2G, 10% brightness, moderate-heavy use, OS .496....not sure what I am missing here. Any advice would help. Keep in mind that I am a long standing bb user. Could it be I have a faulty battery?
    09-29-11 04:46 AM
    Honestly, RIM made a very bad decision. Blackberry means emailing, phone calls and a reliable partner.
    RIM made a promise to keep me up at 99.9%. I manage a business and i need to rely on solid parteners. Discussing about the battery is enough to admit that the goal wasn't achived.
    Not having a full day battery means they broke the promise.
    I don't care about touch capability, focus or not, facebook, X Y and Z.
    I don't care about wipe, update, and other silly solutions.
    I don't care about excuses.
    10-14-11 10:08 AM
    As I posted on my other thread on this battery issue:

Having switched to the .440 software I have noticed a big improvement in battery.

Off charger 11pm last night after one hour charging and software update.
    Idle until 7am but receiving emails.
    Moderate usage (some calls, emails, no browsing, plenty of BBM) since 7am until now, 6pm.

Battery shows 35%.

I can categorically state that this 9900 never lasted that long. Software is clearly the problem. Same issue when first had 9700, software upgrades fixed it. Lets hope the next update improves further!!!
    10-14-11 12:09 PM
    Having switched to the .440 software I have noticed a big improvement in battery.
    I can categorically state that this 9900 never lasted that long.
    I totally agree!
    Been using the .440 since two days (I have been using .353 for 2 weeks)
    Yesterday, I haven't noticed much improvement. Then I realized the GeoLocation was on since I upgraded the OS. So today I turned it off, and I am clearly impressed!
    Unplugged this morning at 8am: 2G most of the day with vibration and ringtones on, with wifi on during maybe 5 hours, 1.5 hours of music listening (with the stock earphones, shuffling songs from the microSD card with max volume), 30 minutes browsing (maybe more) with 3G on, 20 minutes browsing via wifi, 20 average/short emails, 15 (short) phone calls, and 150 text messages. No Twitter, Facebook pulling every 3 hours, almost no BBM. Checking the calendar around 30 times today with some editing... Writing down a couple of notes in Memopad... And at 8pm, so 12 hours of standard use, I still have more than 25% left!
    Compared to my first 2 weeks with the 9900, there is a huge difference. I am finally satisfied with its battery life. Sure it's no 9700, but I can live with this!
    My advice is: if you hesitate, or if you're not satisfied with your .353 battery life, upgrade NOW! :-)
    Seriously, it's worth it!

More feedback from early adopters would be appreciated. But to me it's the best OS version for now!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I only have 2 third party apps installed: BeBuzz and ShortcutMe. No background apps, except the browser with a light web page loaded for a while... That's it ;-)
    Last edited by Polopoulos; 10-14-11 at 01:22 PM.
    10-14-11 01:17 PM
    just thought I'd add I have been on 3G & Wi-fi all day, never once turned it off.

Signal bad in my home, so constantly switching between the 3G booster ffrom Vodafone and EDGE/GPRS.

Battery wise i am liking what I've seen so far. Previously barely lasted 14hrs, now if I make it to 11pm that will be 24hrs! Woohoo!!! (30%, 21.5hrs so far!!!)
    10-14-11 01:22 PM
    Phone is nearly idle. 1-2 bbms every 5-10 mins
    I know you are jealous of my battery
    10-14-11 02:03 PM
    MeterBerry on my 9930 from Verizon shows 512 megs application memory. Verizon's site claims that the 9930 has 768 megs. The screen shot in the post above also shows 768 megs.

Did some of these phones only get 512 megs or is MeterBerry confused?
    10-14-11 05:28 PM
    MeterBerry on my 9930 from Verizon shows 512 megs application memory. Verizon's site claims that the 9930 has 768 megs. The screen shot in the post above also shows 768 megs.

Did some of these phones only get 512 megs or is MeterBerry confused?
    You can force it to 768MB in Meterberry. That's what people have done.
    10-14-11 07:15 PM
    If you run a 9900 on 2g the whole time would you be able to get a whole day of use from it? And to check fb does it require 3g? or can you use 2g instead
    11-29-11 12:41 AM
    12hrs off the charger. I'm at 45%. Moderate usage. A couple phone calls, about 10 emails going through, lots of bbm and text. stock os .261, I'm fine with the battery life considering it's on 3G the whole day and 70% brightness and gps off.

So it should give me 20-24 hours of usage. Not bad at all.
    11-29-11 04:03 AM
    I've upgraded the OS to the new 7.1 Leak and battery life is ok so far with medium use. If I don't pick it up every 13 seconds to gawk at it my battery has started to last me all day at least 10 hrs before i just feel the need to give some juice but even at this point its still only at maybe 38-45%
    11-29-11 11:12 AM
    I would love the 7.1 leak for my 9930
    11-29-11 11:15 AM
    I've had my Bold 9900 for about 3 weeks and eventhough I noticed the battery life was not great I felt it was OK. I did a couple of OS upgrades (.540 now) without any problems. Since the weekend I've noticed that my battery life has decreased noticebly. I've had maybe 8 BlackBerries and I have never ran out of battery even with heavy usage. Now the device is slower and my battery life drops to 0 from without even touching the device.
    I've attached a graph using BatteryPlus that shows the issue.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    11-29-11 12:47 PM
    ive had every single official os loaded on to my 9900 and battery life doesnt seem to improve
    believe it or not, the best battery life i had was with stock rogers os .261 i think
    had about 4 percent discharge, with the others it was much worse with about 7-10 percent an hour
    now im on os .540 and my battery life has been steadily settling in with 6 % discharge an hour, not as bad as the other os's so im not gonna complain
    11-29-11 01:15 PM
    14 hours off the charger with roaming, surfing the internet, texting and emailing on the way home this past weekend while my wife drove and 57% battery life.
    11-29-11 05:48 PM
    I'm off the charger for between 8 to 10 hours, and the battery is pretty much dead - I'm having to charge it while I am at work, just to make it through the day. I have a 9900 - right now I am running .540, but I have used 503, 439, and the stock 261 - they all were the same for battery life. I do have FB and Twitter configured not to check for updates every few minutes - any other ideas on things I can do to prolong the battery?
    11-30-11 09:37 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD