Anyone got any tips for improving the battery life, I'm not the heaviest user at all and its almost dead by the end of the day (like 10 hours of not using that heavily at all).
    08-17-11 09:45 PM
    Use the search function.
    emirozmen likes this.
    08-17-11 09:47 PM
    Hmm I looked through the threads and every single person that said the newer OS will better for battery life seems to be ruled out by another person at the same time saying a negative comment about the battery life of the new leaked/official OS. Just wanting to know more. Looked through a lot of threads didn't really get anything conclusive.
    austriker likes this.
    08-17-11 09:52 PM
    I know I saw a thread that listed battery saving tips, but I have searched for it and can't seem to find it now. So if anyone can't ppoint to it I would be appreciative (as would the OP here). Thanks!
    08-17-11 11:10 PM
    After about 16 hours I still have about 40% juice. I usually get 30-40 emails a day, bbm and text probably about 50 messages a day, talk, surf etc. I also leave my BT on all the time.

I've heard that leaving wifi on and connecting with that can save battery life. I have also had problems in the past where google maps or bbmaps was open in the background sucking my battery life. If you notice your BB is getting warmer than usual then it is likely you have apps open in the background that is sucking away at your battery.

Also I'd you are in an area with poor reception your phone will struggle to keep the signal, which is killer on the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 11:20 PM
    I definitely agree with the battery life not lasting a full day with average use. My 9780 used to last longer than the 9900 with heavier usage. I think it has something to do with a certain batch of 9900s that were sent out to certain carriers. I never had to charge my 9780 during the day unlike the 9900 which is down to like 20% after 8hrs of nominal use.

08-17-11 11:34 PM
    But the 9930 is just too good

08-18-11 01:20 AM
    I've only had it 2 days but I can tell Social Feeds use a lot of juice, it seems to be checking for new feeds very often, maybe even in real time, even with Facebook and Twitter set to never check.

It's deleted today so I'll report back.

Also the devices are still new, give the battery some time to optimize.

08-18-11 01:42 AM
    is it better than an Evo 4G?

off the charger for about 2 hours, 30 texts, one phone call (5 minutes) and i'm down to 84% with a 3500mAh extended battery....

lol does it do better than that? :-P
    08-18-11 10:54 AM
    I too am suffering in the battery life department and really hope there is something to be done about it. I am a moderate web browser and texter very light talk time and I am having an impossible time getting a full day out of this guy :s

08-18-11 10:58 AM
    @ edgemaster

I think it worse than that tbh. Off the charger 2 hours with 30 texts and 5 mins talk time I gaurauntee I would be at 84% or less

08-18-11 11:01 AM
    what build are you using? I heard the life wasn't the greatest on an older build - when you update it - the life will get better.....
    08-18-11 11:03 AM
    That percentage was based on the 3500mah battery so its not identical.

Also always worth specifying what OS you're on to save the "upgrade to .340" responses.

08-18-11 11:04 AM
    I'm on .261 so if other ppl have upgraded and are seeing better battery life then I guess I will know what I have to do haha

08-18-11 11:09 AM
    what's the draining using bridge and playbook?
    08-18-11 11:11 AM
    If this battery life is real, RIM needs to improve drastically and fast. My 9900 battery is D E A D after one day of casual use - some email and some browsing. My old 8703 would last for days! Hopefully this is a bad batch of batteries that gets updated. Having to fully charge every night is unacceptable.
    09-20-11 02:23 PM
    I'm on .296 i've received around 40 emails, sent a couple, checked facebook and twitter a few times. BT and WiFi on all day but not connected to anything until the evening some browsing and now it's evening and BT and Wifi are connected.

Took the phone off charge at 8am, it's now 10pm and I have 55% charge remaining.

That is good 'nuff for me.
    09-20-11 04:17 PM
    I never post but today I felt I need to express my frustrations. I am nowhere near to being a heavy user. My battery lasts me about 6 hours. I upgraded to .353 last night and still no change. I tried everything but the battery will just not last. Overall this is just disapointing phone. For being $600, Id expect it to have a good battery, UMA, and a decent amount of supported apps. BTW I dont use any social networking apps, and even if I did the battery should be capable of handeling that.

I have 10 days before I need to return this phone so if a fix doesnt come soon, I'm going back to the 9700.
    09-20-11 04:35 PM
    Bummer man. ..I was honestly thinking of picking up a couple of these come contract time in a couple months due to me missing battery life. I know it wont last like my 9700 did, but would expect at least a full day without a charge. Right now I am getting around 8-10 hours out of my mytouch4g, which has a smaller battery for a high powered phone.

I guess I shall keep my options open. Miss certain things about BB, But if one of the main reasons for missing is going South, then I am staying with Android and dealing.

09-20-11 04:51 PM
    Also I don't get why people need their phones to last days (while nice) when say they are sleeping. Just plug it in and deal with it. My 9700 on a lite day could most likely make 2 days, but i was topping it off every night.

09-20-11 04:55 PM
    I never post but today I felt I need to express my frustrations. I am nowhere near to being a heavy user. My battery lasts me about 6 hours. I upgraded to .353 last night and still no change. I tried everything but the battery will just not last. Overall this is just disapointing phone. For being $600, Id expect it to have a good battery, UMA, and a decent amount of supported apps. BTW I dont use any social networking apps, and even if I did the battery should be capable of handeling that.

I have 10 days before I need to return this phone so if a fix doesnt come soon, I'm going back to the 9700.
    This isn't normal. I would take it back to TMO and maybe swap out your battery. My battery life is not as good as the 9700, but I easily get through a busy day with around 40% left.
    09-20-11 05:00 PM
    Everyone having problems seems to have used the 'device switch' feature... that was my issue and when I wiped and put everything on manually my battery life became much much better!
    09-20-11 05:41 PM
    Everyone having problems seems to have used the 'device switch' feature... that was my issue and when I wiped and put everything on manually my battery life became much much better!
    Hmmmm, I wonder if that's the reason for my bad battery life. I have updated OS' since though.

09-20-11 05:44 PM
    Definitely better than a phone like the Evo.. but still not nearly on par with the iPhone 4, which is disappointing to me because I feel like the iPhone does so much more in which it wouldn't have a better battery than a 9930 but it definitely does..

Regardless, still don't regret making the switch back
    09-20-11 05:49 PM
    Only things I restored were my options...... BBM wireless restored and calendar and contacts re-synced with BIS.
    09-20-11 06:04 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD