Switched from i4 to 9900. About the same for me. Don't have a problem getting through the day on either.
    11-22-11 08:40 PM
    OMG enough comparing a 9900 to an iPhone. Two completely different devices intended for two completely different types of users.
    11-22-11 08:45 PM
    OMG enough comparing a 9900 to an iPhone. Two completely different devices intended for two completely different types of users.
    That's what this thread was created for... You never had to open it.
    11-22-11 08:47 PM
    I have both the 9900 and iPhone 4S. They are actually about the same. In standby mode though I'm giving it to the iPhone. And that actually isn't fair seeing as I use fetch email on my iPhone to save more battery life and it works case in point. But yea honestly they are about the same, and probably both will improve when both companies release battery fixes.
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    11-22-11 08:49 PM
    I don't quite know how this has anything to do with my previous post?
    It was about the under clock thing. The line after I guess I got mixed up with something else. Anyway this is still about battery life.

I have both the 9900 and iPhone 4S. They are actually about the same. In standby mode though I'm giving it to the iPhone. And that actually isn't fair seeing as I use fetch email on my iPhone to save more battery life and it works case in point. But yea honestly they are about the same, and probably both will improve when both companies release battery fixes.
    This should be push vs push not fetch. Then at least tell us what interval you chose to fetch. If you fetch once an hour this is totally unfair. If this is every five minutes then this is more like it. Plus I wouldn't call that standby but more idle.
    11-23-11 06:29 AM
    My honest opinion, I have been a bb fan for years but I have been not pushing my friends to the new bb7 phones because of the reboot issues. I would wait to see how long it takes to fix that issue.

**** I'm still on a 9650 waiting for the kinks to be worked out of the 9930 lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-23-11 07:42 AM
    I'm a heavy user - maybe 10 texts an hour from 8am, various emails and phone calls, I've had a 9900 since October, and use 2 batteries - to rotate. recently switched to my wifes 15 month old iPhone4 and I have found the battery life on the iphone is significantly better than on the 9900 ( and thats compared with an iphone that has probbablu been charged 400times!)
    The only difference is (obviously) no BBM's on the iphone, but the iphone is hands down winner on battery life.
    01-27-12 06:49 AM
    My honest opinion, I have been a bb fan for years but I have been not pushing my friends to the new bb7 phones because of the reboot issues. I would wait to see how long it takes to fix that issue.

**** I'm still on a 9650 waiting for the kinks to be worked out of the 9930 lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Keep your 9650. In terms of batttery life you will hate the 9930.
    01-27-12 07:46 AM
    i have iphone 4 and 9930. and my opinion is they are very close to the same,maybe a slight edge to the bb.i am a normal user and they both have about 30% at bed time.
    01-27-12 08:30 AM
    Let's put it this way. I'm the only bberry in my office anymore; people have i4phone4, droid, or mytouches. My 9900 is charged every night (not weekends.. I last all sat and sun). Me and my co workers all do the same work... Lots of calls, txts, emails, internet, facebook etc. I keep my 4g and wifi on full-time. At the end of the day, between a dozen or more calls, hundred txts, internet, hundred emails, and often times using gps (for example: yesterday I used gps for 5mins, 40 mins, and another 40mins). I went home with 40% batt left. On an average day, I leave with 30-45% battery left. My coworkers with their assorted phones either charge thruout the day, or leave with a dead iphone or less than 18% batt remaining. I turn my phone on at 730am, work full time at a VERY busy engineering firm until 4pm when I leave to work on my 2nd degree. I go to school from 6pm until 9pm. I turn my phone off between 11pm-midnight. I typically have anywhere from 15%-35% batt remaining with no charging inbetween.

Eat my balls, iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 11:54 AM
    Haven't had an iToy myself, but my girl is running an iP4, and she gets about the same battery life as my 9900. I have facebook & twitter updating in the background, got 5 emails going, playing music, a little bit of browsing, texting, BBMing and Whatsapp. As has been pointed out, the iP4 runs a slower processor, but it does have a larger screen. Since both phones have the metal rims around the edges, I'd imagine they have the same struggles finding signal in low coverage areas. All in all, I'd say go for the BB if you're a heavy communicator, and pick the iPhone if you put a premium on apps and media.
    Just my two cents, anyway.
    01-27-12 02:05 PM
    Have to say that the iPhone 4s battery is for real much superior to the 9900
    Let's get real. You should have to even think abut and concern yourself about researching what apps to turn on/off backlight and settings etc. your device should work to the highest standards. That's it plain and simple.
    01-27-12 02:55 PM
    Anyone still using the bold 9900 this 2015? How is the battery life with the new os and with the battery savings mode enabled?
    04-01-15 02:07 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD