I received the Momax 1400 battery today, and my 9900 will not accept it, running OS .428. I'm upgrading to... .532 is it? I'll see if the Momax works and post here and in the OS thread.

Edit: Upgrade to .523 done. The Momax doesn't work.
    Hi there,

Have been using Momax 1400ah X Battery for 3 weeks on 437 very good build. I don't think it will work post 2xx (437 is 2xx Java)

I will try one of these Cameron sino batteries, if they are pre coded, at least I can upgrade to latest OS!

It's a shame that Seidio or Mugen don't offer a 1400/1450ah battery to fit under standard battery door

06-22-12 12:23 AM
    Hi there,

Have been using Momax 1400ah X Battery for 3 weeks on 437 very good build. I don't think it will work post 2xx (437 is 2xx Java)

I will try one of these Cameron sino batteries, if they are pre coded, at least I can upgrade to latest OS!

It's a shame that Seidio or Mugen don't offer a 1400/1450ah battery to fit under standard battery door

please let me know how your trail of the cameron sino battery goes i'm in 2 minds about buying it! thanks for your help xx
    06-22-12 02:49 AM
    Hi there,

The Momax didn't work on .428 either. I'll attempt to return it for a refund.
    06-22-12 06:15 AM
    My blackberry Javline which I have been using for more than 6month now. I was trying to update to the latest version 5 and which I successfully did only to find out that the media and other stuffs are not opening giveing me and uncaught.expect .... Then I wiped and try to install the os again but all I get ȋ̝̊̅� a red light which blinks in a 1-3-1 sequence . I try to use app loader but it just says conecting to avm and then says connection to device can't be estalished. Help as I have tried eventhing in the book. Prompt response needed , thanks
    06-22-12 06:19 AM
    My blackberry Javline which I have been using for more than 6month now. I was trying to update to the latest version 5 and which I successfully did only to find out that the media and other stuffs are not opening giveing me and uncaught.expect .... Then I wiped and try to install the os again but all I get ȋ̝̊̅� a red light which blinks in a 1-3-1 sequence . I try to use app loader but it just says conecting to avm and then says connection to device can't be estalished. Help as I have tried eventhing in the book. Prompt response needed , thanks
    wrong thread love, go here.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rve-8900-f100/ we can't help here, sorry!
    06-22-12 06:44 AM
    So, I went to the Post Office to return the Momax battery to Hong Kong, only to be told that I can't send lithium-ion batteries through the US mail. I could, of course, take it to another Post Office and lie about its contents, but I prefer not to do that.

Who knows, maybe it'll work with some future release of OS 7.1.

Or if someone in the US wants it and is willing to cover the cost of a UPS delivery, send me a PM.

Edit: Ironically, my 2000 mAh Mugen battery for my Samsung Blaze also arrived, and works fine. So I'll now be getting better battery life on the Blaze than on the Bold.

That's just wrong.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 06-22-12 at 01:41 PM.
    06-22-12 01:37 PM
    My JM1 gold battery works much better than stock. I have had mine since Jan. It aint no 2430mah or whatever it claims, but I get through a day now and never did with stock batteries.

I would love a seido one but not with the extended case
    06-22-12 03:37 PM
    I have been using a gold battery, FS-1 though for my torch and its incredible. Yes I agree its no 2430mah but its so good, better then a stock battery, only cost me �7. I'm buying another for my lady. I shall test it with a multimeter when its old enough
    06-22-12 06:48 PM
    please let me know how your trail of the cameron sino battery goes i'm in 2 minds about buying it! thanks for your help xx
    Hi there,

I know that I have only tested the Cameron For only 12 hours, but back to back vs a new and never charged Momax 1400ah, on two 9900 phones on OS 437, the two batteries are very simular.

All connections were turned on, 30 mins on Telmap, 30 mins on BB App World and Web and 30 Mins on 3G

The Cameron Sino 1450ah battery looks and feels cheap, is lighter in weight and thickness than the Momax X 1400ah. The main advantage is that the Cameron battery does not have to be cloned. The Momax 1400ah X battery only has to be cloned Once, have installed 4 OS softwares, countless battery pulls and soft boots, always works well on both 9900 mobiles.

I am very pleased with both the Cameron and Momax Batteries I tested, which out perform the Genuine JM1 by a minimum extra 13.8%!

I just wish that BlackBerry would officially release a 1450ah JM1 for this flagship phone�

Last edited by fabio1; 06-24-12 at 03:59 AM.
    ria__x likes this.
    06-23-12 02:06 PM
    Well after testing two ecell gold batteries, its clear there is a big difference between batteries and its a crap shoot if you get a good one. I'm lucky enough to have gotten 1 good one out of 2. One of them can last 2 days, but the other is pretty much same if not a lil worse than the original.
    06-23-12 04:25 PM
    Hi there,

I know that I have only tested the Cameron For only 12 hours, but back to back vs a new and never charged Momax 1400ah, on two 9900 phones on OS 437, the two batteries are very simular.

All connections were turned on, 30 mins on Telmap, 30 mins on BB App World and Web and 30 Mins on 3G

The Cameron Sino 1450ah battery looks and feels cheap, is lighter in weight and thickness than the Momax X 1400ah. The main advantage is that the Cameron battery does not have to be cloned. The Momax 1400ah X battery only has to be cloned Once, have installed 4 OS softwares, countless battery pulls and soft boots, always works well on both 9900 mobiles.

I am very pleased with both the Cameron and Momax Batteries I tested, which out perform the Genuine JM1 by a minimum extra 13.8%!

I just wish that BlackBerry would officially release a 1450ah JM1 for this flagship phone�

very thankful for this review, i shall be buying on this week. thanks a lot fabio1!! xx
    06-24-12 03:14 PM
    very thankful for this review, i shall be buying on this week. thanks a lot fabio1!! xx
    Don't forget, Momax only tested on 2XX and 437, not sure on later builds

06-25-12 12:43 AM
    Does the e_cell gold work on .523?
    06-25-12 10:34 AM
    Not sure about 2430 Gold, however Cameron Sino 1450ah works!

06-25-12 02:19 PM
    Not sure about 2430 Gold, however Cameron Sino 1450ah works!

do you think the cameron sino 1450ah will working with .342? thats the latest official build for my network
    06-25-12 02:26 PM
    Yes, it does!
    06-25-12 04:18 PM
    So i am reporting that Gold battery has improved my battery life. I took my Blackberry 9900 off the charger at 1pm saturday afternoon and lasted me until 3:30pm sunday afternoon.

I took my Blackberry 9900 off the charger at 8am this morning, and now as of 5:30pm i am at 60%.
    06-25-12 04:35 PM
    Can anyone explain something to me about the gold battery from ecell.. For the users that claim 2 days worth of use on their blackberry.. Do you mean you get 48 hours worth of use? Sorry to be a stickler, i'm just really particular when it comes to details.
    06-25-12 04:47 PM
    Hi there,

Hi there,

I have finished testing the Cameron and Momax Batteries and the conclusion is that the Momax X 1400ah battery is the best of the two. Although the battery reader reads the battery as a JM1 (1230ah) the battery life is around 15 to 20% better than official JM1.

If you can live with OS 7.1.0.437, then you can get 18/24 hours out of this battery(using battery saving tips)
    06-27-12 12:54 AM
    Hmm... It seems that on the eBay site it states that it doesn't work with 7.1 or higher. Has any one tried it out on 7.1? I'm running on 7.1.0.342, and I need a new battery because the one which came with the J-series charger was damaged :/
    06-28-12 09:15 AM
    I've bought three extended batteries now, and got only temporary peace of mind! The first had to be recloned after every reset, so it was useless. The second, the ecell Gold, worked fine but when I had to exchange my handset it couldn't be recloned for the new one. The third, the Momax, won't work on my 9900 with OS versions .402, .428, and .523. Maybe it'll work with some future build, but I doubt it.

I'm not spending more money on extended batteries until there's one, in the 1400 or so range that doesn't need a special back cover, that works without cloning.
    06-28-12 10:24 AM
    I've bought three extended batteries now, and got only temporary peace of mind! The first had to be recloned after every reset, so it was useless. The second, the ecell Gold, worked fine but when I had to exchange my handset it couldn't be recloned for the new one. The third, the Momax, won't work on my 9900 with OS versions .402, .428, and .523. Maybe it'll work with some future build, but I doubt it.

I'm not spending more money on extended batteries until there's one, in the 1400 or so range that doesn't need a special back cover, that works without cloning.
    I could use the one that needs cloning... Mine is.. Getting kinda obese now. Is it the generic themed one? Or if you want to keep using it, you'll eventually get into the loop like I have with the decoder each time.
    06-28-12 01:20 PM
    your battery runs in cycles every 10% is one cycle. train your phones battery to last longer by treating 20% battery life as zero% do this for about 1 month and your battery should last a lot longer.
    06-28-12 02:10 PM
    anyone tried the andida batteries?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for me, i got the gold battery but a higher mah (2630mah) and it plain didn't work. i got 2 decoders sent out and nothing, so i got a refund (from zlifeinvisible, ebay, really good service)

anyway so that kinda put me off. and with fabio1's reviews of revealing the 1400mah batteries are only like 15-20% better i just thought it better just to get a spare battery to keep with me for now.. least until there is a genuine battery out for our phone!

i think with the gold battery there a bit hit and miss because some people have really good experiences and others have had experiences like me!

come on RIM reward us 9900 users and stop focusing on yer rubbish touchscreen device >:O
    06-28-12 03:59 PM
    I've spent *way* too long reading and searching this topic (and this thread!). SO I'll just ask, even if it may have been covered somewhere earlier: I'm installing the .523 firmware. Does that mean I need the eCell gold battery, or is there another option? ANd does eCell (or any other .523-compatible battery seller) ship the decoder card that has a usb port and serve as an external charger? This was mentioned (and pictured) waaaay back in this thread, but haven't seen it mentioned since. Thx!
    06-28-12 04:38 PM
504 ... 1718192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD