Hope this pics help.

By the way, anyone can do whatever he wants with this battery. I'm not trying to tell you to buy this battery. I'm just reporting it's improved my 9900 life and I'm reporting my experience. If you fell comfortable with it, you can try it. If you guess it's a fake battery or believe it wont ever improve you device autonomy, you're not forced to.
    Your efforts to share experiences are appreciated. Will do so too when mine arrives.
    There are so many conflicting messages about this product on the web, and crap products are promoted by trolls very often, so I'm glad to hear that you are real. No offense. Looking forward to reading more about real life experiences.
    02-11-12 04:20 AM
    Okay

Anyway, since I've just done this thing with the BB Engineering Screen that I hadnt ever heward aboout, can you please tell me where I can check how many mAh my battery actually is? All what I can see is that it should be a Sanyo battery, right?
    02-11-12 04:31 AM
    Okay

Anyway, since I've just done this thing with the BB Engineering Screen that I hadnt ever heward aboout, can you please tell me where I can check how many mAh my battery actually is? All what I can see is that it should be a Sanyo battery, right?
    I couldn't find any information on capacity either. So maybe the guy who pointed to this screen can tell us how to do that.
    02-11-12 05:11 AM
    i just find it weird that a 2430 would fit into a stock door. my 9650 had a 2600 on it and needed a pregnant door.

not bashing the op and honestly im curious about this battery. i probably wont buy it mainly because i have this https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=rMyD20ak

i love having the extra battery and charger. if im on a heavy heavy day i can swap batteries and charge instead of swapping and hoping, lol
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-11-12 08:08 AM
    Uhm, obviously I'm not sure if this battery is actually 2430 mAh and I'd like to check it out. But, I repeat, my 9900 autonomy has now doubled.

Instead of using the charger bundle, I use the Gold battery and have the original battery in my pocket ready for use. Even if I havent had to use it yet.
    02-11-12 11:45 AM
    mystic can you pull the battery out for me and then put it back in and let me know if it still works or needs to be re-cloned
    02-11-12 12:02 PM
    Already done and I didnt need to re-clone it.
    02-11-12 12:07 PM
    Hi mystic - thanks for following up on all the questions. A multimeter is just a small electrical measuring device (measures resistance, power, etc) connected with two probes.
    You would put the probes on the battery contacts (JM-1 has 4 contacts, typically the first and last outside contacts are the positive / negative). Just put the multimeter in the mA mode and away you go. Pic shows a multimeter. Believe you mentioned you were in Italy. In the US we have many hardware and electronic stores and multimeters are very common to find.

Also, if anyone gets this battery in the US, a Batteries Plus store can probably measure this for you for free.
    02-11-12 12:35 PM
    Ok! I'll try to find someone who borrows me a multimeter and I'll let you know.
    02-11-12 02:59 PM
    For what it's worth, I also made the plung on the gold 2430 battery. It is a little thicker and heavier than standard, but I guess I do doubt it really is 2430mAh.
    What is important is that it definitely runs longer than stock. I am a light user and can just make a long day (incl a few hours of music) without issues with the std battery. With the gold battery I make two days no problems.
    So for me, it is a great battery andI use the stock as a charged up spare.
    02-11-12 07:38 PM
    if you are a light user why not just use the JM1 oem one?
    is it really that bad when you use your phone lightly?
    i'm a light/moderate to heavy user depends on situation.
    and the JM1 can easily last me through a full day with it.
    02-11-12 07:41 PM
    Okay

Once you are in the eScreen, go to:
    OS Engineering Screens > Battery > Battery Charging screen > Max battery charge rate
    This might give a clue to the capacity of the battery, or it's just the phone's internal charging current...

Erm, on a seperate note, how do I go back to the default alt-shift-h page???
    Last edited by hyperscorpic; 02-12-12 at 05:09 AM.
    02-12-12 03:58 AM
    If you want to measure the battery capacity you should wire up the multimeter in series with the battery and the phone itself. Put it in current measurement (mA) and add up the measurement readings in time as capacity is defined in mAh. Don't put the multimeter in the current measurement rage and put the probes on the + and - terminal of the battery, it will shortcircuit the battery trough the multimeter...
    02-12-12 05:14 AM
    Once you are in the eScreen, go to:
    OS Engineering Screens > Battery > Battery Charging screen > Max battery charge rate
    This might give a clue to the capacity of the battery, or it's just the phone's internal charging current...

Erm, on a seperate note, how do I go back to the default alt-shift-h page???
    Damn! It says 1230. But I dont thing the Gold battery is 1230 mAh... It lasts longer than the original battery!
    02-12-12 05:57 PM
    You said you had to copy the original battery code. The phone probably assumes the original 1230 mAh battery. If the phone would actually measure the real battery capacity it probably won't be any nice rounded number
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-12-12 06:06 PM
    Uhm... Okay... I'm not very familiar with this technical stuff.
    02-12-12 06:14 PM
    geeze 2 days on 1 charge. I'm thinking about picking up this battery. Gonna wait for the other crackberry member to get his in the mail
    02-13-12 01:29 AM
    mystic is pulling yall's leg. each time the phone does a full reboot - meaning alt+shift+del or a battery pull, you HAVE to re-clone.
    it's a pain in the arse and is horrible when you don't have the original battery+cloner with you.

I have since upgraded to 7.1.205 for 9900 and my battery life on 3g/2g (4g) has more than doubled. extremely pleased that the software/OS has fixed the battery drain issue.

don't buy a knockoff battery that requires you to clone. you're better off simply buying a replacement OEM battery to double your battery life.
    **i don't work for RIM or competitor. just stating from personal experience.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-13-12 01:42 AM
    mystic is pulling yall's leg. each time the phone does a full reboot - meaning alt+shift+del or a battery pull, you HAVE to re-clone.
    it's a pain in the arse and is horrible when you don't have the original battery+cloner with you.

I have since upgraded to 7.1.205 for 9900 and my battery life on 3g/2g (4g) has more than doubled. extremely pleased that the software/OS has fixed the battery drain issue.

don't buy a knockoff battery that requires you to clone. you're better off simply buying a replacement OEM battery to double your battery life.
    **i don't work for RIM or competitor. just stating from personal experience.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    I had to do alt + shift + del yesterday too, and no need to reclone anything. Stating from personal experience too, not pulling anyone's leg at all.
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-13-12 02:33 AM
    Me either - I haven't had to reclone.
    To byul who asked why not get a standard batt?
    Because it is great having 2 days battery life! It was similar price to eom and definitely holds more charge.
    bbuckles and fabio984 like this.
    02-13-12 08:20 AM
    If you want to measure the battery capacity you should wire up the multimeter in series with the battery and the phone itself. Put it in current measurement (mA) and add up the measurement readings in time as capacity is defined in mAh. Don't put the multimeter in the current measurement rage and put the probes on the + and - terminal of the battery, it will shortcircuit the battery trough the multimeter...
    Question on this....How would you do that physically with the battery and phone? The battery itself has 4 terminals in a row. For charging, the two outer ones are used. What are the two middle ones used for? Are they for exclusive use by the phone for just for power and not charging? In that case, am I understanding "in series" to mean that you'd wire the mulitmeter in between the battery and the phone, across just one of these inner terminals, while the other three (or maybe just the other inner batter terminal) is connected to the other corresponding phone terminal(s)?
    02-13-12 01:00 PM
    he just got another negative on the bold battery

this is a total rip off...battery doesn't last longer then the original. FAKE!! Buyer: mdincic ( 14) Feb-12-12 13:24
    GOLD 2430MAH J-M1 HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY + DECODER FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 9930 (#130617657099)

Sorry i'm an ebay addict. I'm a top seller on eBay So I'm on it 24/7
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-14-12 03:49 AM
    he just got another negative on the bold battery

this is a total rip off...battery doesn't last longer then the original. FAKE!! Buyer: mdincic ( 14) Feb-12-12 13:24
    GOLD 2430MAH J-M1 HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY + DECODER FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 9930 (#130617657099)

Sorry i'm an ebay addict. I'm a top seller on eBay So I'm on it 24/7
    Did you try this new battery yourself, or are you saying it's a fake cause someone else is saying this?
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-14-12 06:22 AM
    This thread is threatening to set a new record for misinformation.
    02-14-12 10:20 AM
    This thread is threatening to set a new record for misinformation.
    Haha Palimartian

I can do a discharge test and find out the capacity of this battery once and for all. I'm into RC, so I have those fancy chargers that I can set to charge and discharge, and it can tell me the discharged capacity of the battery, as well as the internal resistance etc. Now, is anyone willing to send me one of those batteries for me to do this test? I don't want or need another battery since I've already bought the extra battery for my bold 9900.
    02-15-12 05:55 AM
504 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD