CX has compared battery life to the i4 and 9700, which is very good in my book. Regardless I will be buying a spare battery and stand alone charger as usual. Hate being tied to a charger when I need a charge.

BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9850/9860 - CrackBerry Canada
    i had four spare batteries for my droid
    07-23-11 01:00 AM
    i had four spare batteries for my droid
    Four?! I can see why you posted the madface!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 01:11 AM
    why worry about a bb's battery life?im considering android/apple as my second device for my upgrade..the battery life drainage there is much more an issue.im not fond of the idea carrying around chargers all day long.so i will think 100x before buying the second device.
    A spare battery would be lighter than a charger and that would be more than enough for even the heaviest users.
    07-23-11 06:23 AM
    No matter what RIM does it will not make a person who needs 4 batteries to get through the day. I work for a living have to wonder what others do to use 4 batteries in a day.

I would rather have my sleek 9900 with the OEM battery that lasts a typical day under normal use than one designed with a huge honker hump that last 4 days!

I am sure that the 9900 will be so popular of a RIM device that someone will come out with a 1" thick battery and door to cover it. That will be ashame as the OEM battery door is a work of art!
    07-23-11 06:31 AM
    I don't understand how somebody can chew through batteries that fast, it sounds more like a bug in that model than anything else or they are a bit too fond of 4g.
    07-23-11 06:41 AM
    No matter what RIM does it will not make a person who needs 4 batteries to get through the day. I work for a living have to wonder what others do to use 4 batteries in a day.

I would rather have my sleek 9900 with the OEM battery that lasts a typical day under normal use than one designed with a huge honker hump that last 4 days!

I am sure that the 9900 will be so popular of a RIM device that someone will come out with a 1" thick battery and door to cover it. That will be ashame as the OEM battery door is a work of art!
    Well a friend of mine has a blackberry storm 2 and goes through 2-3 batteries a day. He also texts 10k a month. But the storm battery also sucks.
    07-23-11 08:50 AM
    I don't understand how somebody can chew through batteries that fast, it sounds more like a bug in that model than anything else or they are a bit too fond of 4g.
    It's easy lol. I guess it depends how busy you are with work. During my busy weeks, I still only get 12 hours out of my 9780 and only use to get 8 hours out of my 9650. However, i also have 7 email accounts pushing, 5000+ texts a month, tons of bbm, and tons of phone calls (id say roughly 3500-5000 minutes a month).
    07-23-11 08:54 AM
    Burning through battery's has a lot to do with your signal strength as well

If I leave my Blackberry Curve in my basement over a long weekend not on the charger when I pick it up it is almost DEAD after 3 days not being used in the basement, if I leave it in my kitchen on the main floor I will have 60% battery after sitting for 3 days.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-23-11 09:32 AM
    anyone stating the iphone 4 battery being bad dont know the facts. Its battery is fantastic. Go look up the comparison on anandtech. It beats the torch most times and even the 9780 on a few. Apple did a superb job with the battery management this time around.

If the new BT can get that good of life then you will all be very pleased i think.
    07-23-11 09:36 AM
    Well a friend of mine has a blackberry storm 2 and goes through 2-3 batteries a day. He also texts 10k a month. But the storm battery also sucks.
    Someone who texts that much might need help getting through the day. He would fall into the 5%. Both my 9900 and 9860 are lasting comparable to my 9780. I consider myself only an average user and come home and find I still have 50-60% remaining when I put my device on charge.
    07-23-11 09:36 AM
    It's easy lol. I guess it depends how busy you are with work. During my busy weeks, I still only get 12 hours out of my 9780 and only use to get 8 hours out of my 9650. However, i also have 7 email accounts pushing, 5000+ texts a month, tons of bbm, and tons of phone calls (id say roughly 3500-5000 minutes a month).
    My point was about the person who was able to go through 4 batteries a day which is a quite mental amount, high enough use will readily clobber more than a battery in a day, but not four on any device that is intended to be used by any sane person.
    07-24-11 02:47 AM
    anyone stating the iphone 4 battery being bad dont know the facts. Its battery is fantastic. Go look up the comparison on anandtech. It beats the torch most times and even the 9780 on a few. Apple did a superb job with the battery management this time around.
    Not so much better battery management as spotting they should fill all available space in it with battery.
    07-24-11 02:48 AM
    Is it possible CX is using the 9900 constantly because it's new and when people get them and start using them in a normal fashion that the battery life will be exceptional like most of the Blackberries?

It's new also, OS updates usually improve battery life as well.

My 3 year old 9000 is still good for plus or minus one entire day depending on usage. Without streaming video 2 days is easy to achieve, and with the original battery no less.

Everything I have read indicates the same for the 9900.
    07-24-11 07:30 AM
    thats funny.. because i got mine on day 1 and can still hammer the battery and still get a day and a half..
    You must not be "Hammering" the phone, or your definition of hammering is barely touching the phone. I use my iphone non stop and I'm lucky if its working by 3 pm.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-24-11 09:21 AM
    You must not be "Hammering" the phone, or your definition of hammering is barely touching the phone. I use my iphone non stop and I'm lucky if its working by 3 pm.
    Yeah I can't understand how these people are getting "incredible" battery life from their iPhones. I remember when the iPhone 4 first came out there were reviewers saying wow, this battery is incredible, I still have 30% after 2 days of heavy usage! In fact I got one based on claims like that. And yet my experience was that with my moderate to heavy usage I only got 5 or so hours, which I managed to get up to 8-9 hours with everything turned off including bluetooth and 3G. I also went through 2 replacements thinking I might have gotten a dud.

CX told me that the OS has been improved since then and that the battery life is now awesome, but I just don't see any OS improvement doubling or tripling the battery life which is what it would have to do in order to catch up with my 9700. Also I have friends who have fully updated iPhone4's even now and they still complain about the battery life and marvel at my Blackberry's.

quellerie likes this.
    07-24-11 11:13 AM
    I wouldn't put too much trust in CX's pronouncements.

Just saying.
    07-24-11 12:56 PM
    I wouldn't put too much trust in CX's pronouncements.

Just saying.
    Whys that?
    07-24-11 01:08 PM
    I'm sure it'll last the equivalent of an android that comes with a utility belt a-la-Batman full of power packs for backup. LOL. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com$
    07-24-11 01:26 PM
    Having the 9900 would cut down on the need to constantly check on the status of the 9900.

07-24-11 01:31 PM
    Maybe they will have an inductive charging program where you get power out the air. :-)
    07-24-11 02:35 PM
    thats funny.. because i got mine on day 1 and can still hammer the battery and still get a day and a half..
    No you can't. Not unless you have a different iPhone 4 than the one currently sitting in front of me. Sometimes I have to charge the phone at work because it won't even last through my work day. (Albeit that is with heavy browser usage)

Back to the 9900, the battery will not disappoint. One of the only things that makes it similar to any other BB is how well the battery performs. You need to remember that with every review on here, people will be using different builds, and battery optimization is not the first thing worked on, and is always being improved in every build. That is why you will be getting different responses from different people, depending on what build they were using.

You will love this phone.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-24-11 08:06 PM
    Whys that?
    Always take everything with a pinch of salt. Even the most honest and sincere person can make mistakes too.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-24-11 10:02 PM
    Having the 9900 would cut down on the need to constantly check on the status of the 9900.

That's the funny of the week!! Bravo!! lol :-)

07-24-11 10:52 PM
    All that matter's (for me) is if it get's me through the day. Now the iPhone 4 would (with many features turned down or off) and my Torch kind of does (not quiet).

07-25-11 12:42 AM
    Always take everything with a pinch of salt. Even the most honest and sincere person can make mistakes too.
    Thanks. That was a very diplomatic reply.
    07-25-11 01:32 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD