9900 is about 2 die. Wait till 2013 or get a Galaxy Note 2?

I love my 9900 a lot, but lately i have been feeling a bit of shame for taking it out on the train when everyone else in NYC has an iPhone 5, Windows phone, or a 4.8 inch Android device. I still don't know why BB devices do not have Netflix. Anyways, should i hang around till quarter 2013 to see what RIM can deliver or get the Galaxy Note 2 this week? My BB is on the verge of dying. I get the dreaded hourglass when my device is still with no acitivity as it sits on my desk. Never happened before till recently.
    10-23-12 08:27 AM
    Depends on what OS you have, i feel you should wait till BB10 arrives and in the meantime try out the hybrid OS and get your device to work like it has never done in the past !!!!!!!!!
    eds817 likes this.
    10-23-12 08:32 AM
    To me it sounds like you want someone to make a decision for you. If you're ashamed of your BB then get rid of it. I for one cannot understand how someone could be ashamed of a phone. As long as RIM makes BlackBerry's I will own one!
    BlackBerry Guy and hoongji like this.
    10-23-12 08:50 AM
    I would find a cheap BlackBerry to replace it until 2013 and get the BB10.
    hoongji likes this.
    10-23-12 08:53 AM

Depends on what OS you have, i feel you should wait till BB10 arrives and in the meantime try out the hybrid OS and get your device to work like it has never done in the past !!!!!!!!!
    +1 to this
    unless you really want the Samsung. Then just get that.
    But I would try that to buy you some time to wait for BB10. That way you would have more choice.
    And choice is good.
    10-23-12 08:54 AM
    i think you should choose which device you actually want rather than what others have so you dont feel embarrassed. nothing to be embarrassed about with the blackberry imo and anyone who would even bother to rip you for a phone make is pretty shallow and pathetic.

if you love your bold you keep it try some new os's, turn compression on, use device optimiser in advance os and led, delete some apps if your app storage is nearly full etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    westiewanderer likes this.
    10-23-12 08:54 AM
    If you feel ashamed for carrying a phone & worrying what other people think of you because of it, then it time for you to follow the heard & move to another device. I personally don't give a crap what other think
    10-23-12 08:55 AM
    Are there any hybrid OS out for verizon bolds?
    10-23-12 08:56 AM
    Lame thread.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    bitek likes this.
    10-23-12 09:34 AM
    Hey blackberry9360user, did you get my message about the theme you showed on page 3904 of what does your blackberry screen look like thread? *grins* really like it, would you share?
    10-23-12 09:35 AM
    havent been home yet to see it Westie sorry my bb hates viewing the homescreen thread on cb app lol so i havent seen any more posts since yesterday, itll most likely be the berry version of minibanner if its got green somewhere on it lol x

10-23-12 09:48 AM
    Have you tried re-loading the original or a newer OS, and by chance were you recently interviewed by the NY Times?

Or do you just want us to tell you to get a Galaxy Note 2?

Do whatever makes you happy and secure ...that's all I can say.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-23-12 10:17 AM
    seriously this is blackberry forum. what exactly do you expect to read here. to get android phone ? pointless thread

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    mud314 likes this.
    10-23-12 10:20 AM
    Give a shot to some decent os hybrid like me.
    Dude, remember you should never be ashamed by any kind of blackberry phone. Why should you be like the others?Think about it.

10-23-12 10:33 AM
    Bingo!

I'm in NYC as well and all of my friends and family either have an Android phone or iPhone and i dont really care to be honest.

Most of them actually like the BB9900 because of the physical keyboard and battery life.
    10-23-12 11:41 AM
    If you are bent on getting an Android device then get the Galaxy 3 not the note unless you want to hold up a mini tablet to your ear, lol. I can understand your frustration especially now that Android 4.0 O/S is out, but the way the new BB O/S 10 appears to work then I would hold on to try it.
    10-23-12 11:50 AM
    Why do people always post these silly 'my phone is about to die' threads.

Phones never give any indication that they are 'dieng' they may be sluggish or unresponsive but this is easily fixed by new OS load.

I just don't understand how a phone can prepare to die, it either works or it doesn't.

Also your thread states your phone is about to die but you discuss the shame you feel about having the device. I think there is something wrong with you and not the phone.

Seriously annoying.

10-23-12 12:28 PM
    My husband & I are the only Blackberry users in our group of friends and family but who cares? I would never choose my smartphone (or tablet) based on what others think. What matters to me is what works for me and what I like. And if you buy a phone based on the opinions of others I'm guessing they'll also choose everything else you purchase...and the possibilities are endless.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-23-12 04:24 PM
    Why do people always post these silly 'my phone is about to die' threads.

Phones never give any indication that they are 'dieng' they may be sluggish or unresponsive but this is easily fixed by new OS load.

I just don't understand how a phone can prepare to die, it either works or it doesn't.

Also your thread states your phone is about to die but you discuss the shame you feel about having the device. I think there is something wrong with you and not the phone.

Seriously annoying.

you can tell it's time when your phone starts getting its affairs in order.

Last edited by Wired5s; 10-23-12 at 05:13 PM.
    10-23-12 04:43 PM
    Just do what is best for you, based on these sort of things:

1. OS of choice
    2. Service availability where you work and live
    3. Cost
    4. Monthly service charges

...don't look\worry about what other people have\use.

Sent from the 'Smart-thing' in my hand using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 04:59 PM
    choose any one that suits your usage best. although there are people feeling the shame of using BBs, i'm still proud to rock one. & i have a galaxy note too. but for quite some time, i tend to go back to my Bold 9900 since the physical keyboard is practical for speed typing especially when i'm on the go, & the email service is very simple & practical.
    10-23-12 09:26 PM
    I'm the one who used to own 9900 then switch to iPhone4s and now start to buy 9900 again. No need to ashame for your device as long as you buy it, not stealing it. If you consider multifunction phone, I recommend you changing to Note2 or whatsoever you want to buy. Depends on your decision.
    10-24-12 03:36 AM
    Instead of the note, look at the Galaxy S3. It is a GREAT device
    10-24-12 07:25 AM
    9900 is about 2 die. Wait till 2013 or get a Galaxy Note 2?

I love my 9900 a lot, but lately i have been feeling a bit of shame for taking it out on the train when everyone else in NYC has an iPhone 5, Windows phone, or a 4.8 inch Android device. I still don't know why BB devices do not have Netflix. Anyways, should i hang around till quarter 2013 to see what RIM can deliver or get the Galaxy Note 2 this week? My BB is on the verge of dying. I get the dreaded hourglass when my device is still with no acitivity as it sits on my desk. Never happened before till recently.
    I would stick with the 9900 and wait till BB10 debuts. Your 9900 shouldn't be lagging so much. It has a 1.2 GHZ processor! I have seen it happen on devices where all of a sudden the hourglass would just constantly appear and the device wouldn't be of use. Not quite sure why it does that.. So maybe just try wiping the device and reinstall the OS and remove apps and reinstall them until you figure out why it's "hourglassing" as they say.. I have over 50 apps installed on mine and I'm a heavy user and my 9930 barely has any lag or "hourglassing."

I just personally prefer BlackBerry even though it doesn't have all the cool features like other phones.. It does what I need on the go. Do we really need to watch movies on the go or video chat while we are out and about? It's a mobile phone. For mobile use! That's why I have a laptop at home so I can do that when I'm chillin and able to do it.

But it's your preference. Whatever floats your boat. I know my 9930 does what I need and I'm satisfied with that. It's like a classic car that is unique and not a lot of people have and these new devices are new futuristic cars with gadgets and fancy stuff and are trendy. But I like my classic car because nothing compares to it
    10-27-12 11:35 AM
    9900 is about 2 die. Wait till 2013 or get a Galaxy Note 2?-21751386.jpg Like, seriously! You probably don't know what's messing it up, it CANNOT die....try loading a hybrid or even shrink your OS...Your berry is not dying, nor will it die any time soon
    10-27-12 11:48 AM