So people might ask, why get the 9900 now while QNX devices are on the cards for Q1 of 2011? Well its simple. For anyone who knows about the trend in markets, it would make perfectly good sense that the bold 9900 will see a condensed version of the QNX platform. The question still remains, why the 9900 now??? Well, when you put a classic keyboard, some of the QNX luxuries, full android apps together with bbm, its simple: blackberry bold 9900 is the way to go!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 10:36 PM
    I'm confused?

Are you addressing a point to get the 99xx device?

Or stating why the QXN device will not be good.

I got the 9930 because I will wait a while when QXN comes out. I am in no rush at all.
    KermEd and Blacklatino like this.
    11-15-11 10:39 PM
    Someone's off in dreamland looking for an excuse to get the 9900 before BBX comes out next year . I'm not hatin' on BlackBerry, just stating a fact. I got myself a 9810 knowing full well that next year if I want to get in on BBX I'll have to fork out more money for another brand new device, because BBX won't be compatible with the old hardware. Same applies to the 9900, it'll be old hardware when BBX finally makes its appearance.
    11-15-11 11:07 PM
    So people might ask, why get the 9900 now while QNX devices are on the cards for Q1 of 2011? Well its simple. For anyone who knows about the trend in markets, it would make perfectly good sense that
    the bold 9900 will see a condensed version of the QNX platform
    . The question still remains, why the 9900 now??? Well, when you put a classic keyboard, some of the QNX luxuries, full android apps together with bbm, its simple: blackberry bold 9900 is the way to go!!!

LMAO - 10 characters
    11-15-11 11:10 PM
    I'm missing the point of your post?
    Are you saying QNX will be available for 9900 b/c I haven't seen that anywhere but would have tempered excitement at the possibility.

BB hasn't shown itself to get many things right in the recent past and making a functional QNX os for the 9900 seems more like a dream to me b/c it would just make too much sense...
    11-15-11 11:12 PM
    Someone's off in dreamland looking for an excuse to get the 9900 before BBX comes out next year . I'm not hatin' on BlackBerry, just stating a fact. I got myself a 9810 knowing full well that next year if I want to get in on BBX I'll have to fork out more money for another brand new device, because BBX won't be compatible with the old hardware. Same applies to the 9900, it'll be old hardware when BBX finally makes its appearance.
    This is what i thought. Is it true that the bbx phones will be keyboardless? If so, is he 9900 and 9790 the last tactile keyboard blackberries?
    11-16-11 12:08 AM
    This is what i thought. Is it true that the bbx phones will be keyboardless? If so, is he 9900 and 9790 the last tactile keyboard blackberries?
    The first BBX device is by all accounts going to be a slate; the rumor is that BBX devices with keyboards will follow later on. Again, merely rumor at this point.
    11-16-11 01:05 AM
    I think the reason u would get a 9900 now is because u can enjoy doing things while u wait for BBX (if that's what u want).

11-16-11 02:59 AM
    The first BBX device is by all accounts going to be a slate; the rumor is that BBX devices with keyboards will follow later on. Again, merely rumor at this point.
    So it sounds like it will be like the iPhone....or a mini Playbook...
    11-16-11 03:34 AM
    What is the perceived advantage of QNX on the 9900 over OS7? I bought the Playbook on day 1 and I'm damned sure that I don't want to be a RIM beta tester again!

I find the BB OS7 to be a fine mobile OS, and the browser is great! And if you're into apps, there is more and better selection for my BB than there is for my Playbook.

Based on my Playbook experience, I will not get a QNX phone until it's had about a year to mature in the market.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-16-11 03:52 AM
    So it sounds like it will be like the iPhone....or a mini Playbook...
    It'll be a mini Playbook. The screen on the first BBX (QNX) Berry will have the same resolution as the Playbook, among other similarities as 1 GB of ram and 16 GB of storage...
    11-16-11 11:40 AM
    9800 didn't get OS7.

9670 didn't get OS7.

9780 didn't get OS7.

emirozmen likes this.
    11-16-11 11:44 AM
    9900 will NOT be getting bbx/qnx. Rim has already stated that OS will be for dual core phones only and that OS7 will continue to exist and be supported after bbx is released.

Heck they haven't even put OS7 on the 9800 and you think they're going to shoe-horn bbx onto these handsets? I don't know what market trends you claim to be basing that on but it is a complete pipe-dream.
    11-16-11 11:48 AM
    So people might ask, why get the 9900 now while QNX devices are on the cards for Q1 of 2011? Well its simple. For anyone who knows about the trend in markets, it would make perfectly good sense that the bold 9900 will see a condensed version of the QNX platform. The question still remains, why the 9900 now??? Well, when you put a classic keyboard, some of the QNX luxuries, full android apps together with bbm, its simple: blackberry bold 9900 is the way to go!!!

I do not want to hurt your feelings but it amazes me how little one can know about what is really going on.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-16-11 11:54 AM
    This thread is full of LULZ
    11-16-11 12:04 PM
    I actually doubt that the 99XX will get anything like QNX... 7.1 will probably be the highest it goes. Look at RIMs track record:

Blackberry Storm2/Tour (Original OS5 devices) - NO OS6
    Blackberry Torch 9800/Bold 9650/9700/9780 (OS6 devices) - NO OS7

Why would the 99XX get QNX?
    11-16-11 12:08 PM
    I have a feeling that the first QNX phones will be crappy and then it will get better given recent the history of RIM in general.

So, to me Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 is more than I need now. I will wait for RIM to fix all the bugs on QNX and come up with a full physical keyboard QNX before I buy one for sure. And I don't think this Bold 99xx will be able to take even a light version of QNX with current hardware config. The first few QNX most likely be touch screen given that: http://crackberry.com/crackberry-pol...irst-bbx-phone

I am looking forward to OS 7.1 than QNX for my Bold 9900.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-16-11 12:19 PM
    I have a feeling that the first QNX phones will be crappy and then it will get better given recent the history of RIM in general.

So, to me Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 is more than I need now. I will wait for RIM to fix all the bugs on QNX and come up with a full physical keyboard QNX before I buy one for sure. And I don't think this Bold 99xx will be able to take even a light version of QNX with current hardware config. The first few QNX most likely be touch screen given that: http://crackberry.com/crackberry-pol...irst-bbx-phone

I am looking forward to OS 7.1 than QNX for my Bold 9900.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm guessing the current 9900 will be good for 1-2 years when RIM releases a stable, solid, keyboard equipped BBX phone. Given I own a Playbook, the difficulties I'm having with my first iPhone, and the fact that the first BBX phone will likely be a slate, I'm almost 100% sure I don't need and will not get the first generation BBX phone.

Question for you guys - is BBX and QNX similar from a developers perspective? Reason I ask - while the future of the Playbook remains in question, which is likely deterring developers from focusing on the platform, the Blackberry phones will likely continue to have a "reasonably" decent share of the market. Assuming that, I would think developers would have to make applications for the platform (along with iOS and Android). If BBX and QNX are similar, I would also think that developing or porting BBX to QNX would be easy? This is the one thing that gives me hope that the applications available to the Playbook will improve over time. I could be 100% wrong - again, I'm not a developer.
    11-16-11 12:32 PM
    11-16-11 12:40 PM
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm guessing the current 9900 will be good for 1-2 years when RIM releases a stable, solid, keyboard equipped BBX phone. Given I own a Playbook, the difficulties I'm having with my first iPhone, and the fact that the first BBX phone will likely be a slate, I'm almost 100% sure I don't need and will not get the first generation BBX phone.

Question for you guys - is BBX and QNX similar from a developers perspective? Reason I ask - while the future of the Playbook remains in question, which is likely deterring developers from focusing on the platform, the Blackberry phones will likely continue to have a "reasonably" decent share of the market. Assuming that, I would think developers would have to make applications for the platform (along with iOS and Android). If BBX and QNX are similar, I would also think that developing or porting BBX to QNX would be easy? This is the one thing that gives me hope that the applications available to the Playbook will improve over time. I could be 100% wrong - again, I'm not a developer.
    They recently stated that QNX apps would be compatible with the BBX OS when released, so making apps for the PB is a good way for devs to get a headstart on the BBX app market
    Wangta likes this.
    11-16-11 12:41 PM
    They recently stated that QNX apps would be compatible with the BBX OS when released, so making apps for the PB is a good way for devs to get a headstart on the BBX app market
    Thanks man.

Geeze, taking a step back and trying to take a 30,000 foot view of what RIM is doing...it seems they are copying Apple:

- BBX phone slates comes out. Combined with a Playbook, you have a slate phone and tablet with the same/similar/compatible operating systems. Oh wait, that sounds eerily familiar to an iPhone and iPad combo, which both has iOS.

Problem is, RIM is about 2+ years behind. Aishhhhhhhhhh
    whyamisoepic likes this.
    11-16-11 12:48 PM
    Yeah, that's what they're doing...

Wait until iOS needs a major transition to their entire platform while supporting years of legacy equipment... Or will they just keep giving refreshes?
    11-16-11 12:59 PM

If you believe that, I have a few Fairies and Unicorns for you!
    11-16-11 01:13 PM
    Yeah, that's what they're doing...

Wait until iOS needs a major transition to their entire platform while supporting years of legacy equipment... Or will they just keep giving refreshes?
    I don't get your point. So you're predicting the downfall of iPhone and Ipad, etc. when iOS needs an major update? Like all OS providers never go through that........
    11-16-11 01:18 PM
    Thanks man.

Geeze, taking a step back and trying to take a 30,000 foot view of what RIM is doing...it seems they are copying Apple:

- BBX phone slates comes out. Combined with a Playbook, you have a slate phone and tablet with the same/similar/compatible operating systems. Oh wait, that sounds eerily familiar to an iPhone and iPad combo, which both has iOS.

Problem is, RIM is about 2+ years behind. Aishhhhhhhhhh
    Late or not, it's the logical move. It doesn't make sense developing and maintaining multiple platforms. Google is just coming out with ICS.
    11-16-11 03:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD