So who's going to reorder for the bold touch ??
    I'm starting to think this thing could sellout quick .
    We may see the same feeding frenzy like the original storm.
    How many good rum have made there's going to be all kinds of carriers releasing this thing
    I personally think this good be the holy grail for blackberry fans we have been waiting for this type of bb for a long time
    Last edited by tumer; 07-30-11 at 02:10 PM.
    07-30-11 02:08 PM
    I think I got most of your post, but you might try editing it one more time.

You’re probably right about it selling well. However, I’m not sure if we’ll see backorders or not. I’m not taking chances though and picking mine up first day.
    07-30-11 02:23 PM
    Maybe the 1st week...depends on how much buzz it gets from carriers (eg, TV commercials, highlited device in Best Buy ads, etc.) And most importantly what the non bias reviews will say about the Bold 9900/9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 02:31 PM
    the launch is going to be huge for RIM and RIM will put all it's might behind this device in marketing it, based on the humungous nature of the worldwide launch I expect shortages.
    07-30-11 02:32 PM
    I doubt it will sell out. I have never come across that problem with Blackberries.
    07-30-11 02:37 PM
    I doubt it will sell out. I have never come across that problem with Blackberries.
    Yep compared to the iphone and the top end Androids, ive never seen BB's actually sell out etc. They arent as hyped up as Iphones but who knows maybe this time round RIM will really push it out hard.
    07-30-11 02:40 PM
    You won't need to pre-order and you won't need to rush out to get it. There will be plenty to go around.
    07-30-11 02:52 PM
    WHO is camping out at the carrier's door tonight?
    07-30-11 02:54 PM
    Come on now, what do you know about toningt/tomorrow?
    07-30-11 02:59 PM
    Ooops I gave it away!
    07-30-11 03:02 PM
    Yep compared to the iphone and the top end Androids, ive never seen BB's actually sell out etc. They arent as hyped up as Iphones but who knows maybe this time round RIM will really push it out hard.
    Let's hope so. They need to knock it out of the park.
    07-30-11 06:20 PM
    WHO is camping out at the carrier's door tonight?
    Thank god for being a business customer. Hopefully we'll get advance access or at least notice.

If not I guess I need to get the tent out.
    07-30-11 06:29 PM
    The problem is once the iphone 5 is out. The blackberry wouldn't be taken seriously.
    07-30-11 06:34 PM
    however this is the first time they are doing a simultaneous worldwide launch ..this shows they have taken a leaf out of Apple's playbook
    07-30-11 06:36 PM
    What if RIM just shipped all of us whiners a free device for our anxiety?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-30-11 06:50 PM
    I thought the same thing about the Tour. I arrived at the store early on launch day and I was the only one there getting one. Most people are unaware of this phones launch.
    07-30-11 08:46 PM
    however this is the first time they are doing a simultaneous worldwide launch ..this shows they have taken a leaf out of Apple's playbook
    Where does anything say about a simultaneous worldwide launch?
    07-30-11 08:49 PM
    Maybe simultaneous worldwide twitter launch? Hehe.
    Very hard to do this working out with over 300 carriers.
    1 country everday maybe too optimistic.

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-30-11 08:55 PM
    I don't think they will sell out, most people I ask don't even know there are new ones coming out, let alone the launch dates of them. I'm not going to complain, it just means ill get one sooner and not have to wait weeks on a back order
    07-30-11 09:14 PM
    So who's going to reorder for the bold touch ??
    I'm starting to think this thing could sellout quick .
    We may see the same feeding frenzy like the original storm.
    How many good rum have made there's going to be all kinds of carriers releasing this thing
    I personally think this good be the holy grail for blackberry fans we have been waiting for this type of bb for a long time
    The bold touch won't sellout, Rim has turned off too many potential new buyers with their delays. The storm had huge sales from non-VZ customers and new contract re-ups. Too many droids in the market competing, plus the new iphone5. Many more options are available now, then previous days regarding the release of the storm.

I am still looking to buy, but I won't go out and pick up the 9930 the first day
    08-01-11 01:33 AM
    RIM needs to get the products out in August before the much delayed Bionic hits and the recently rumored delay of the IP5 being in October (I think that story is a plant at best). Still the competition is stiff and RIM needs to step up their game. They need to stop playing catch up and start getting ahead. Push the QNX platform and get out dual core devices that will take advantage of the dual cores. Android has yet to do that and RIM could get some better footing.
    08-01-11 04:01 PM
    This won't sell out. Not a chance.
    08-01-11 06:25 PM
    If RIM prices it significantly lower than competiting Android/iPhone, it may sell very well. Otherwise, I highly doubt it.
    08-01-11 06:55 PM
    The only way it would sell out is if they manipulate the production numbers.
    08-01-11 06:56 PM
    I'm willing to bet at least good 50% of BlackBerry devices in customer hands are "old" and ready for updating. They haven't released devices in ages--especially BOLDs outside of the silly 9780 refresh. CDMA carriers haven't seen any love since the 9650! I have a feeling if these customers stay with RIM, OS7 devices (especially the 9900/9930) are going to sell like crazy!
    s.ben likes this.
    08-01-11 06:57 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD