Hi there.

I have wanted to get the 9900 since I have first heard of its official release. I am with Vodafone UK and my contract ends this July 2012. I thought that I wouldn't want to choose any other phone until Vodafone UK now brings out the 9860. Here are the differences in the price plans for 24 months:

9900 (�36 p/month, free phone):
    1,000 minutes
    3,000 texts
    500MB data (inc. 1GB BT Openzone)

9860 (�31 p/month, free phone):
    600 minutes
    3,000 texts
    500MB data (inc. 1GB BT Openzone)

Now, I have a 9700 on �25 a month with a free phone and I really can't wait to upgrade it since the browser always closes whenever I have two tabs or one large site open. I don't call that much and I don't think I touch my 600 munutes all that often. I don't mind paying the extra �5 per month, it's just the fact that I'm not so sure with what to go for. The 9860 has a much larger screen which is great for what I do most on my BlackBerry, browsing the internet and multimedia. On the other hand, I would miss having keyboard shortcuts in certain applications that I almost always use while browsing and on my homescreen. Which would be the better deal in your opinion?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 04:44 PM
    While I don't completely understand your UK pricing, I think I can at least throw my opinion out there. You really can't go wrong with either device, you may want to grab the 9860 based on your needs. The larger screen will serv you well.

I have the 9930 and love it. Tried both, I love full touches...but there is something special and unique about the bold...but if I were web surfing or needed a device mainly for media, I would get the torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 04:55 PM
    Go for 9900

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 05:02 PM
    Can you upgrade your phone after you upgrade your phone now?? If so you could get the 9860 and then wait for the QNX Blackberry phones next year...
    09-30-11 10:51 PM
    I don't understand why there are different prices for the two phones. But if you put that to that side it all pmea down to, do you want a physical keyboard or a large screen. Those are the main diffences between the two phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD