Need opinions on what to get and reasons why
    08-14-11 03:09 PM
    I think it's the 9860 that is the GSM version. I could be wrong. I'm getting the 9860 because I do most of my activities on the Playbook. The only thing I actually use the phone for are texting, Window messenger and phone calls, but I want the extra screen space to text with. I actually type better on a touchscreen because my fingers are too large for the hard keyboards.
    08-14-11 03:20 PM
    Im 16 years old and was wondering what would be better and more fun. I'm currently using a bold 9780 and the keyboard buttons are a bit too small for my liking so idk what to do
    08-14-11 03:34 PM
    If you're looking to upgrade to an OS7 device then maybe you should go to a store and try each of them there before you decide. Also if you know anyone that has one of the new devices you could always check it out that way too. I mistype alot with a hard keyboard. That's why I like large touch screen devices. It takes a little getting use to but you will find that you will backspacing a lot less if at all.
    08-14-11 03:52 PM
    but is the virtual keyboard on a torch anygood?
    08-14-11 04:21 PM
    but is the virtual keyboard on a torch anygood?
    That is what you have to try out at a store with a demo model. The 9900 will have the best and largest hardware keyboard of any smartphone period. But you give up screen size. If you find you can type ok on a virtual keyboard fine then the 9850/60 has the largest screen. If you think you need a keyboard but are willing for a slighly smaller slide out one, the 9810 might be for you. It has a 3.2 inch screen vice the 3.7 on the 9860 but you get a real keyboard.

In the end they are all good phones with all the same high end hardware under the hood, so it is totally upto what you like in terms of a user interface, and you can only really decide that by trying them out.

CS
    08-14-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD