I am due for my update on att in a month or so, and was wondering if the 9900 was the way to go or if i should go with one of the torches. Right now i have the first torch and i was happy with it until it got slower and slower. So pretty much i was wondering if the 9900 had better specs and what not. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    01-18-12 08:55 PM
    Spec is kinda same, you should compare those two together on pro's & con's.
    the torch is a slider and the bold isn't.
    Well if you were happy with current torch, you could try look for the New torch.
    That one is even better & faster & it will blow the old one away.
    If you want something New take the bold, but it's up to you.
    Aslong if you know the pro's & con's you are good to go.
    thanks for the advice. I have been eyeing the bold for a while and considering it, but what i might do is go to a local att store and mess around with both and see what i like better and what is more comfortable in the hands.
    01-18-12 09:10 PM
    I had the same question when I needed to upgrade a few weeks ago from a Curve 8530. The responses I got back by and large favored the Bold 9900.

The Bold and the Torch have similar specs but the Torch's camera has autofocus and the Bold's does not. Not sure if that's important to you but it is a slight difference. That said, the Bold's form factor is what really drew me in. Plus, the roomy keyboard is the best yet on a BB. In fact, I didn't think twice about typing this out on my Bold

Either way, both are solid choices but I'm really liking my choice so far.

Rob
    01-18-12 09:26 PM
    Be bold and get the bold! I know I'm going to
    01-18-12 10:17 PM
    BB7 devices dont have speed problems. The devices you are looking have the same specs almost thus your decision should be choosing the right form factor. Do you want a slider, or not?
    01-18-12 11:42 PM
    If you want to stay with berry then get the torch2 (since you said you loved your torch). Other than that I don't recommend you getting an os7 device (bricking issue). You will spend money anyways so right now the best phone for your money is the iphone 4s... Or if you care about replacing battery then get the galaxy nexus.
    01-18-12 11:55 PM
    I too had the Torch. Loved the phone had it for 16 months then used my Mom's upgrade to get the 9900. You won't miss the Torch's keyboard in my opinion it was too cramped. The larger screen loved it, but the device was little heavy for my enjoyment. You cannot go wrong with the Bold's Keyboard! It is out of this world and you will get used to the smaller screen.
    Check out both devices at the store weigh the pros and cons then make an informed decision.
    01-19-12 01:27 AM
    Main difference is the form factor. I honestly think you should go with the 9900 though.
    01-19-12 01:30 AM
    everybody thank you fir the help with my choice, i heard the bolds keyboaed was amazing gonna have to check it out for myself. and so007 my whole family has iphones and i hate them lol but u need a physical keyboard and for the a lit of android phones...i hate. but thanks for the tips.
    01-19-12 03:27 AM
    everybody thank you fir the help with my choice, i heard the bolds keyboaed was amazing gonna have to check it out for myself. and so007 my whole family has iphones and i hate them lol but u need a physical keyboard and for the a lit of android phones...i hate. but thanks for the tips.

Yes the keyboard is simply awesome. About the best argument for the Torch over it is the extra screen size and a better camera. But the Torch has a little bit of a cramped keyboard compared to all BlackBerrys. Whereas the Bold has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-19-12 04:02 AM
    I just got my bold a few days ago and I had a torch 9800 and although I did love the phone it did get more and more slower and I love the form factor of the torch but then I didn't wanna upgrade for a torch that looks the same just with a better software and the torch 9860 does not look nice at all and I do love to have a keyboard still so I decided to get a bold.. Smaller touch screen but it is fast not to much lag and love the keyboard and how thin it is and don't feel like a brick like the torch did.. I kinda miss using my torch but I love using the bold now
    RudyWixon likes this.
    01-19-12 04:57 AM
    I own both the 9810 and the 9900. Another thing to consider is screen real estate and being able to view things in portrait or landscape. Having owned the 8310, 9000, 9700, and the 9800, getting used to new keyboards is nothing. The 9900 keyboard has great size and is one of my favorites. I still find the 9810 keys a bit more crisp and snappy whereas the 9900 keys are a tiny bit mushy.
    01-19-12 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD