I just bought the Blackberry 9780 last month from Rogers. It's been quite good until I saw news of the new BOLD 9900! I just got it last month! Do you think Rogers will allow me to upgrade it or will I be stuck with it for another 2 years? Anyone have any thoughts? What should I do? Thank you so much.
    05-03-11 08:39 PM
    Last month? You're stuck for sure...
    05-03-11 08:40 PM
    You will be stuck on your contract... I am in the same boat as well upgrading to a 9700 last June and extending my contract obligations. However, I sold my 9700 for a good deal and used it to pay for a 9780 and the difference was $100. In retrospect a bad decision since it really wasn't a worthwhile upgrade... but at least I am not out of pocket too much.

I plan on getting the new Bold as soon as it comes out so I may sell my 9780 to help pay for it. What to sell it for will depend on what they will go for in a couple of months. This is why I returned my PlayBook so I'd have the money for the new Bold... Though I still want to buy the PlayBook again so something has to give :-(
    05-03-11 09:09 PM
    Thanks. This is my first blackberry and I quite enjoy it. I guess I'll stick with it for the next 2 years until my next hardware upgrade.
    05-03-11 10:21 PM
    sell it now, before the release of the 9900, that's the only way you can get more bang for your bucks.. that is, of course, if you're willing to sacrfice a few months without your BlackBerry.
    since your 9780 is fairly new, you can get at least $400 EASY!!
    so you will only need to save $100 - $200 for the 9900 assuming that they'll be price competitively.
    05-03-11 10:41 PM
    Yea sell it now, and buy an old blackberry to hold you over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 07:43 PM
    Thanks. This is my first blackberry and I quite enjoy it. I guess I'll stick with it for the next 2 years until my next hardware upgrade.
    Not sure how it works on Rogers, but at&t, while they lock you into a 2-year commitment on the wireless contract, they often will start offering discounts to upgrade the phone after one year. I know I'll be eligible to upgrade in September, which will be one year since I bought the Torch.
    05-06-11 08:32 PM
    Sell now and buy outright (not from carrier).

Find a local retailer that would have it in stock.

I upgraded from 9700 to 9780. I got the white 9780 for $420 unlock/unbranded
    05-07-11 10:07 AM
    I'm also seriously thinking of upgrade my 9780 to the new 9900, even if my phone has only 4 months of life (oh well, at least it has lasted longer than my iphone4.. i had it for only 21 days before the selling :O ).

The new bigger and touch capable screen is tempting me too much and is only one of the upgrades which are coming with this new version.. i must save some money before the official launch in my country of this new bold!
    05-07-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD