I read somewhere that you only have 2GB max to use for the OS and all the apps you put on the phone. Granted that it's a lot of space for apps, but I'd like the option of being able to add more if I ever get to that threshold.

Possible to configure the device to allow more than the "allotted" 2GB for the OS and apps?
    06-08-12 02:55 PM
    No... you have 8GB (6.2GB usable) device storage space for media.

You have 768MB (512MB usable) app storage space for the OS and apps.
    06-08-12 03:27 PM
    Is it possible to set the device to use the external memory card for data storage, ie emails, app data, text messages, browsing history, etc? In the event where the device is bricked or has to be returned, I can just yank out the memory card. If at all possible, where is this setting?
    06-08-12 07:56 PM
    Is it possible to set the device to use the external memory card for data storage, ie emails, app data, text messages, browsing history, etc? In the event where the device is bricked or has to be returned, I can just yank out the memory card. If at all possible, where is this setting?
    No you can't... but the add developers can store some data on the card. For example, you may be able to back up app settings to memory card. Another example would be EverNote app loading the notebooks to SD card.
    06-08-12 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD