anyone got any news as to a release date for an official 7.1 in the UK?
    im curious as i havd a playbook and am eagerly awaiting the os 2 release this tuesday however theres many new features that im not going to be able to use until vodafone get there fingers out there butts and release 7.1.

how annoying these companys opperate in this manor and still expect you to part with your hard earned money to support them.
    02-19-12 06:26 PM
    I heard in a couple if months but I doubt in.
    02-19-12 06:28 PM
    anyone got any news as to a release date for an official 7.1 in the UK?
    im curious as i havd a playbook and am eagerly awaiting the os 2 release this tuesday however theres many new features that im not going to be able to use until vodafone get there fingers out there butts and release 7.1.

how annoying these companys opperate in this manor and still expect you to part with your hard earned money to support them.
    I'm also getting tired of waiting for AT&T here in the U.S. to release an updated OS from .576
    Off Topic -
    The word is manner in American english...is it manor in the U.K.? Unless maybe you meant they have operations from your house?
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-19-12 06:37 PM
    I am with you and am in the same position. I'm with O2 and called them a couple of weeks ago and was told meaningless nonsense about it already being out. I started a thread about it on here.

What features won't we be able to play with with the PB without 7.1?
    02-19-12 06:38 PM
    I'm also getting tired of waiting for AT&T here in the U.S. to release an updated OS from .576
    Off Topic -
    The word is manner in American english...is it manor in the U.K.? Unless maybe you meant they have operations from your house?
    I think he or she made a typo. it's manner in the UK too... Manor being:

1 a large country house with lands.
    2 chiefly historical (especially in England and Wales) a unit of land, originally a feudal lordship, consisting of a lord's demesne and lands rented to tenants.
    3 informal one's home territory or area of operation.
    02-19-12 06:41 PM
    I'm waiting for the official 7.1 too. I haven't seen any problems with the leaked .205 on my Vodafone 9900 but would prefer the official.

*their butts - not there butts

**American English lol
    02-19-12 06:57 PM
    Off Topic -
    You can always install a leaked OS 7.1. I did that and my battery life improved along with performance and few new features.
    02-19-12 07:07 PM
    I'm not talking about anybody's butts

Yes I need the official as I'm not clever enough to install anything else on my phone.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-19-12 07:08 PM

Yes I need the official as I'm not clever enough to install anything else on my phone.
    The OP talked about butts.

BearSnout likes this.
    02-19-12 07:17 PM

Give it a shot buddy.
    I'm certain you'd surprise yourself.
    02-20-12 01:37 AM
    How is installing a carrier official os any different than installing a leaked os??

Aren't they all official from rim anyway?
    02-20-12 01:51 AM

Installing a leak is done exactly the same as an official release. You would only need to delete the vendor file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader (Program Files (x86) if using Windows Vista/7 64-bit), just as you would in order to install another carrier's official release. Vendor.xml will be at the very bottom. If that's seemingly complicated, install the OS, copy what I highlighted, hold the Windows key and press R, paste into the field, press Enter.
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-20-12 03:35 AM
    Thanks Reubechs! I appreciate it. I tell a lie really. I could if I put my mind to eat. I use to be the Tech Support Manager for a PC company. It's just that my phone is an unlocked puppy I bought outright from Amazon (not a reseller) so it cost me about 700 US$... then I put my carrier's sim card and buy the BB package which works out at about US$7 a month. I use it all the time for communication but hardly for talking so it's sily for me to buy a contract in the UK. I think it's very different for your guys.

I still get updates but have to rely on them like I did with the 2406 build which is the last I have that just came to the phone.

So there is no real reason other than if I mess it up and brick it I am left with a big whole in my wallet as well as needing to buy another phone.

Having said that I didn't know the information you gave me so I appreciate it. Thank you. May give it a try.
    02-20-12 05:11 AM
    Strangely enough, i didnt have to delete the vendor files in any of the 7.1 leaks, is that normal or did i just get lucky?
    02-20-12 06:58 AM
    Yeah, I forgot to even look for the vendor files and it loaded up nicely on my vzw 9930. Is it a vzw leak perhaps?
    02-20-12 08:37 AM
    Iam also waiting for 7.1 officially on Orange uk but as of yet nothing,speaking to orange yields nothing as usual. I have updated to the leaked 7.1.0.267 and i now have wifi calling enabled which works partially as in receiving texts,bbms etc but has unusable calling quality. I find the build though to be very stable.
    02-20-12 11:20 AM
    Thanks Reubechs! I appreciate it. I tell a lie really. I could if I put my mind to eat. I use to be the Tech Support Manager for a PC company. It's just that my phone is an unlocked puppy I bought outright from Amazon (not a reseller) so it cost me about 700 US$... then I put my carrier's sim card and buy the BB package which works out at about US$7 a month. I use it all the time for communication but hardly for talking so it's sily for me to buy a contract in the UK. I think it's very different for your guys.

I still get updates but have to rely on them like I did with the 2406 build which is the last I have that just came to the phone.

So there is no real reason other than if I mess it up and brick it I am left with a big whole in my wallet as well as needing to buy another phone.

Having said that I didn't know the information you gave me so I appreciate it. Thank you. May give it a try.
    If you decide you don't like it or it doesn't work for you, downgrading is also done exactly the same way. Uninstall the device software from your PC, download and install the OS you want, remove the vendor file if necessary, and proceed.

Strangely enough, i didnt have to delete the vendor files in any of the 7.1 leaks, is that normal or did i just get lucky?
    Yeah, I forgot to even look for the vendor files and it loaded up nicely on my vzw 9930. Is it a vzw leak perhaps?
    I can't remember with certainty but I believe leaks don't have vendor files. It's been forever since I've installed any device software and manually deleted those; I was using Shrink-A-OS (now BBH Tool) to remove them and didn't bother looking to see if they were present.
    02-20-12 02:09 PM
    Bit the bullet last night, loaded the leaked 7.1.0.267 build 921. This is by far the best OS imo. My discharge rate with 7.0 was about 5-6% or more, I am now at a discharge of 1-3% maximum. I'm happy I decided to load this, I suggest you guys/girls try it out.

I used BBSAK to wipe os, didnt manually delete the vendor file(s).
    02-20-12 02:57 PM
    For the one referring to bricking it, it's nuking. You can bring it back if it does get nuked. A search will bring up a few howto's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 03:26 PM
    For the one referring to bricking it, it's nuking. You can bring it back if it does get nuked. A search will bring up a few howto's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    Let him live - he used bricking correctly as he made no reference to it being recovered if anything were to happen to it.

And if it does nuke I have a few of those links bookmarked.
    02-20-12 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD