ever since i did an ota install of 7.1 on my 9930 ive had an annoying issue. When i am in my contact list and hit the bb button then text contact it takes me to the text screen but rather than having the cursor in the messaging area it is in the add contact area. I believe before the update i could just hit text contact and start typing...now i have to click in the message box. Any ideas how to change this back?? thanks
    01-12-12 09:05 AM
    I just confirmed on my 9900 running OS 7.0 that it puts the cursor on the To: field if there is no conversation existing, but it puts it on the reply box if there is already an on-going conversation.

Personally, I find this way of texting someone extremely inefficient anyway. I just tap the text message inbox icon and click on the on-going conversation. Much faster and it doesn't put the annoying To: fields at the top either.
    01-12-12 09:57 AM
    I actually like that they added the To: box, because before, with Universal Search, I would type a name and "send text," but there was no easy way to add another contact that way. You had to go into the messages folder, hit menu and then send>text message, and then you would have the To: fields. I find this new format more efficient, but I guess it's all in how you use your phone.
    01-14-12 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD