Up until I upgraded to the latest 7.1 for my Bold 9900.. Its been playing up, a lot!
    First off, the screen every now and again crashes, along with the trackpad the only way to get it working again is too do a battery pull.
    Secondly the buttons don't work now and again, I can't type ANYTHING. Battery pull once again, fixes this..
    Then lastly, some of the buttons will work, but I won't be able to type symbols or numbers, it also types a fullstop mid sentence, a LOT, its really annoying aswel as typing double letters, Its definitely not the way I type, could this be the OS or is it the hardware?
    I still have my year warranty so if it carries on I'm taking it to the shop! Before I throw it against a wall xD

Maybe even haggle with the sales people for another phone... :P
    03-19-12 12:25 PM
    Up until I upgraded to the latest 7.1 for my Bold 9900.. Its been playing up, a lot!
    First off, the screen every now and again crashes, along with the trackpad the only way to get it working again is too do a battery pull.
    Secondly the buttons don't work now and again, I can't type ANYTHING. Battery pull once again, fixes this..
    Then lastly, some of the buttons will work, but I won't be able to type symbols or numbers, it also types a fullstop mid sentence, a LOT, its really annoying aswel as typing double letters, Its definitely not the way I type, could this be the OS or is it the hardware?
    I still have my year warranty so if it carries on I'm taking it to the shop! Before I throw it against a wall xD

Maybe even haggle with the sales people for another phone... :P
    Which version of 7.1 are you actually on ?

Your tag line says 9900 on .190, if this is correct it is not the latest release which is .284.

Edit

Phill UK posted at same time as me, +1 to his advice.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 03-19-12 at 12:34 PM.
    03-19-12 12:32 PM
    Sounds like a bad install... try reloading the OS
    03-19-12 12:32 PM
    I have 7.1.276.. My signaturs is a little out of date.
    Also another question; if I have the latest release but its not for my network will they still give me a new/refurbished one? Or do I have to have my Carrier's latest OS installed?
    03-19-12 12:34 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do Phil, hopefully it isn't buggered
    03-19-12 12:40 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do Phil, hopefully it isn't buggered
    and don't shrink it... use the released OS files - and use the setup to select/deselect options

It is also usually better to re-install your apps after a new OS instead of letting the OS install backup and restore old files... Your problems can be caused by some bad acting app...
    03-19-12 02:43 PM
    and don't shrink it... use the released OS files - and use the setup to select/deselect options

It is also usually better to re-install your apps after a new OS instead of letting the OS install backup and restore old files... Your problems can be caused by some bad acting app...
    sooo by that you mean unchecking all the apps when you're inside the Apploader putting in a new OS? or uninstalling all of the apps manually from the phone? I'm thinking it's the former one.
    03-19-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD