reason #1:
    the SGS 2 will resell for about 100-200 dollars next year.
    9900 will resell for 300-400.
    That is completely false.
    bhavi_jp likes this.
    09-12-11 07:06 PM
    reason #1:
    the SGS 2 will resell for about 100-200 dollars next year.
    9900 will resell for 300-400.
    Yes but since I buy my devices outright, the 9900 will cost me over $600 but I bought a new HTC Sensation for $380.
    09-12-11 07:09 PM
    Not necessarily... Android resell values tank like a rock. You can already buy a thunderbolt for $250 very easily and it's only been 6 months. I sold my Torch 1 which wasn't even a large upgrade (or any kind of hardware upgrade depending on how you look at it) from previous handsets for $350 after 6 months of owning it.
    09-12-11 07:12 PM
    i knew android would deliver a very top notch device for at&t.the samsung galaxy s2 is all that and more.its just sad that android is not in my consideration at the moment.if it was,i would have easily snatched up a s2.i just don't see myself transitioning to android anytime soon.battery life is a must for me android seems to fail in that category.for my upcoming new device,its going to be either apple or bb.i have narrowed it down to those two after researching for months.now,just waiting for at&t unveil these two.its a chess game right now with the way at&t is moving along.but op,liking the s2 over bold more is nothing be ashamed about.the galaxy s2 is a stellar device in its own level.for at&t,you will see more and more great android devices coming soon like for example,the htc titan.
    09-12-11 08:22 PM
    i just don't see myself transitioning to android anytime soon.battery life is a must for me android seems to fail in that category
    Depends on the manufacturer and handsets really. HTC doesn't generally seem to care a lot about battery life and they have a lot of signal issues on their handsets (which also contribute to battery problems), whereas motorola devices (and some Samsungs like the charge) tend to get better battery life.
    09-12-11 08:28 PM
    say that to my droid/milestone thats worth abt $100 right now.
    09-12-11 09:52 PM
    LOL... how much do you think it should be worth? Apple devices have the best resale value. How much does the original iPhone bring currently?

I HIGHLY doubt BBs have better resale value than contemporary Android devices, but hey.

I know that if I sold my OG EVO today (1+ years since launch), I'd make a profit.
    09-12-11 10:41 PM
    Makes more sense that BB fans would pay more for a used BB phone than say Android fans since Google has literally flooded the market with their phones and now it's like a new android phone every two weeks! Case in point I was watching TWIT android show today and they're talking about how great the Samsung galaxy S 2 is and one of the hosts was like nah I think I'll wait for the Nexus Prime that's coming out in just a month or two, even while admitting how nice the SGS 2 is. With Apple the resale value is high also because they release one iPhone per year. BB IMO is kinda the same although to a much lesser extent. Niche market perhaps.
    09-12-11 11:14 PM
    Misleading title

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 11:46 PM
    Its all about what you want, blackberry is great for communication, iphone/sg2 great for media.
    09-12-11 11:53 PM
    I owned a few BBs, a Iphone 4 and 2g also had a low end android...and currently on a 9900.

Some people like greggebhardt stated the Galaxy is a better phone overall, but never said a reason why that is.Could someone please enlighten me and name a few reason why the Galaxy is a better phone? since i dont own it myself...but have a friend who owns it and i was holding it in my hands a few time but i just dont see the fuss about it.

thanks
    09-13-11 12:31 AM
    Hi,

Is it true that Apple sued on Samsung for using the same menu layout as in iPhone on Samsung Galaxy S2?

If Apple wins against Samsung, will the production be stopped?
    09-13-11 03:13 AM
    Hi,

Is it true that Apple sued on Samsung for using the same menu layout as in iPhone on Samsung Galaxy S2?

If Apple wins against Samsung, will the production be stopped?
    I didnt hear about that... can you provide us a source for the news?

Or maybe you mix it up with the Galaxy tab and ipad? ... then its true Apple sued Samsung for Copying the Ipad, and right now Samsung is forbidden to sell the Galaxy Tab in germany because of that.

But probably wont happen to the Galaxy II this device dont look anything like any apple product.... but in my opinion the Galaxy I look pretty close to the Iphone.
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 09-13-11 at 03:49 AM.
    09-13-11 03:45 AM
    LOL, I would expect that value for a 2 year old phone.
    09-13-11 05:55 AM
    I still don't get what all the fuss is about Samsung phones. I went to visit my dad a few days ago, and he has Galaxy S Vibrant, and typing on that thing was horrible. Even though the OS itself didn't seem to lag, there was this awful typing lag that just slowed everything up. And I've had no trouble typing on iPhones and WP7s. If it's just one of those "it's good enough" things that Android does then Android's priorities on what makes a good phone do not line up with my own.
    09-13-11 09:40 AM
    the best reason NOT to buy the Galaxy S-2 is that it will soon be banned in America because Samsung is a design-thief.
    09-13-11 09:50 AM
    the best reason NOT to buy the Galaxy S-2 is that it will soon be banned in America because Samsung is a design-thief.
    But then you'd have a classic which will only increase its value.

BTW, if you base your tech decisions on patent wars and "bans" that may or may not happen, you'll end up wearing furry loin cloth while living in a cave.
    09-13-11 09:56 AM
    Get the SG2! It is like it is from the future compared to the 9900. RIM is doing the best they can and struggling to do that! If you GOT to have a mechanical keyboard, the 9900 is still my choice, but once you get past that, and you really can, the SG2 blows the socks off of every phone out there. I do not think the iPhone 5 will be more advanced that the SG2.

What ever you pick, be glad you have good choices!
    I am definitely going to try SGS2 out next week on Sprint. I am still under 30 days return period for my 9930. While I like 9930, I want to go full touch screen devices now. And there is no better full touch device available than SGS2 according to the reviews.
    09-13-11 10:01 AM
    Don't get the SGS2 if the Prime will be available for your carrier. Both are hampered by the fact that the manufacturer is Samsung, but the Prime should get special attention because of the Nexus moniker and everything that comes with. On top of that, rumors have the Prime pegged to have a metal casing (shocker from Samsung). The only reason to get an SGS2 is the fact that ICS will not have the ecosystem GB has at the moment (along with the fact that it's been out for months so any issues/defects are well published).

The Prime will come out in October most likely, maybe November. Looks like us AT&T folk should have the choice of Prime vs 9900 and since I'm paying retail anyway, the prices should be close. It all comes down to that physical keyboard though.... I love Swype, and with the size of the Prime, the keypad should be better than I'm used to on an all-touch phone, but this is going to be a hard decision.
    09-13-11 10:11 AM
    But then you'd have a classic which will only increase its value.

BTW, if you base your tech decisions on patent wars and "bans" that may or may not happen, you'll end up wearing furry loin cloth while living in a cave.
    This is the first patent war I've ever believed will result in something negative. Coming from the IT industry my attitude is: "If Apple doesn't kill Android then Oracle sure will". Oracle to me, changes EVERYTHING in this entire equation. Android = dead/buried IMO
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    09-13-11 10:32 AM
    What is it with people in these forums? Why do you try your best to sway others from buying certain phones?

It often said that if one bashes the next person they are actually trying their damndest to hide their own faults or imperfections. Seems to me that Blackberry fans are trying too hard.

I use my 9700 occasionally and am waiting for a QNX Bold touch, hopefully it will be the same size and dimensions as the 9900. The one thing I will not do is to tell someone that my 9700 is better than this or that phone cause I understand that our tastes and preferences are unique and different.

What appeals to me may not appeal to another person and we should all accept that cause it makes things interesting and fun.
    09-13-11 11:28 AM
    I still don't get what all the fuss is about Samsung phones. I went to visit my dad a few days ago, and he has Galaxy S Vibrant, and typing on that thing was horrible. Even though the OS itself didn't seem to lag, there was this awful typing lag that just slowed everything up. And I've had no trouble typing on iPhones and WP7s. If it's just one of those "it's good enough" things that Android does then Android's priorities on what makes a good phone do not line up with my own.
    Yo Daddies Galaxy S Vibrant is not a Galaxy S2.
    09-13-11 11:37 AM
    I owned a few BBs, a Iphone 4 and 2g also had a low end android...and currently on a 9900.

Some people like greggebhardt stated the Galaxy is a better phone overall, but never said a reason why that is.Could someone please enlighten me and name a few reason why the Galaxy is a better phone? since i dont own it myself...but have a friend who owns it and i was holding it in my hands a few time but i just dont see the fuss about it.

thanks
    A phone's worth and value is in the eye of the beholder. It is just great that we have such great choices. Once upon a time there were few choices and that si why RIM and even Apple are losing some of their sales to Android. There are a lot of not so good Android phones out there but the Galaxy S2 is not one of them.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-13-11 at 11:49 AM.
    09-13-11 11:39 AM
    This is the first patent war I've ever believed will result in something negative. Coming from the IT industry my attitude is: "If Apple doesn't kill Android then Oracle sure will". Oracle to me, changes EVERYTHING in this entire equation. Android = dead/buried IMO
    Samsung might be hurt... not Android as a whole. Isn't the issue with TouchWhiz?

Android will continue to evolve. The Moto acquisition strengthens their position.

Even if they didn't make it (in the off chance Google decided to toss the Android project in the trash), there is iOS.
    09-13-11 11:47 AM
    Yo Daddies Galaxy S Vibrant is not a Galaxy S2.
    LOL... exactly.
    09-13-11 11:50 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD