10-14-11 04:36 PM
287 ... 101112
tools
    Why do people say iPhone 4S has the best camera on a phone ?

It is Nokia N8

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 03:13 PM
    I can appreciate your point of view as you might not have lived with a 99xx yet. The screen size and touch response, the outstanding keyboard, build quality, ergonomics, the quickness getting through the phone, browsing experience, and memory improvement is all a huge deal for me. All of those improvements plus the OS I already thought was the best made the 9930 the best phone on the market for me. I didn't expect the next Iphone to convert me, but I feared new innovation that could make the 99xx obsolete and the 4S did no such thing. It changes things in the way that Apple no longer has a 15 month old phone to use as an excuse. Everyone's cards are on the table and I think BlackBerry has the best hand.
    As consumers, we are all entitled to our opinions. However, what you 'think' is clearly not in line with mainstream public thought.
    10-14-11 03:33 PM
    I'd like to know exactly what is classed as a "Professional" phone Because you can access emails? iphone-check, android-check, winmo-check. Because you can make phone calls,texts, and im's? iphone-check, android-check, winmo-check. Because you need to access flash enabled websites? Oh wait..I guess "professionals" must not need to do that..
    *cough*BES
    10-14-11 03:35 PM
    Why do people say iPhone 4S has the best camera on a phone ?

It is Nokia N8

Holy ****, I forgot all about the N8, yes it has a camera higher than 8MP, I think 10MP or 12MP, and it was released over a year ago when everyone else was still releasing phones with 5MP cameras.
    10-14-11 03:37 PM
    What is your point here? He didn't say every single pro uses BB. I imagine you know what he meant, considering you just named all the professionals w/ IPhones that you know on two fingers.
    I fixed grammar errors before I responded.

I did not name the only two professionals I know who use iPhones for business. I named two of the many I know.

And no, I do not know what he meant. He made it seem like ONLY those with Bolds are professionals. Say that to the cardiac surgeons I work with who also have iPhones for both work and play. Say that to the anesthesiologists I work with who also carry and use iPhones for business. There are 3 people in my office, myself included, who use BlackBerry. Out of the 30+ people in my office, there are only 3 BB users.
    10-14-11 03:50 PM
    The funny is this:

When talking about their BlackBerry devices users repeatedly say they don't need Flash or Apps because their phones aren't toys!

But when bragging about their BlackBerry PlayBook they say it is the best tab because it has Flash! And they mostly all can't want for the Android Apps to come to PB.

I do not expect the same thing from my tablet and phone. Having both devices makes having flash on my phone even more unnecessary considering my Playbook is always with me and I'm always bridged. My 9930 is for communicating and handling business. My PlayBook is for Handling business and passing time. Together, they make me a very happy camper.
    10-14-11 04:00 PM
    The QNX BlackBerry devices that many are eagerly awaiting for will combine the BlackBerry device and PlayBook features. Basically, what Android is now.

If you read back over the forum you'll see a lot of BlackBerry users asking of OS7 has Flash, and a front facing camera. the disappointment that it won't. That's from Blackberry loyalists.

It seems people like to say a feature isn't needed, is uuseless, is stupid, when they don't have it on their device. But when that same feature is added to theory platform of choice they love it.

All you have to do to see this pattern is read back over CrackBerry history and archive. In fact, I can find specific users here that said these things before OS7 was detailed, and after, saying they don't want those "toy" features in their BBs.

It's just ironic is all. I'm sure we all do it. It's a way to cope with what you have and try to be satisfied.with it. Not really a bad thing.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-14-11 at 04:08 PM.
    10-14-11 04:05 PM
    Yep, it is the way of things. Early WP and ios users said copy paste wasn't necessary on a phone.

Faster native browser isn't necessary because of Opera Mini. Etc, etc, you name it, it's been said... That said, if QNX phones end up being more like Android i'm going to end up having to go in a totally different OS direction, which sadly the choices are dying rather than growing...
    10-14-11 04:16 PM
    Yep, it is the way of things. Early WP and ios users said copy paste wasn't necessary on a phone.

Faster native browser isn't necessary because of Opera Mini. Etc, etc, you name it, it's been said... That said, if QNX phones end up being more like Android i'm going to end up having to go in a totally different OS direction, which sadly the choices are dying rather than growing...
    Couldn't you stay with BB OS7 at least for 4 or years? I wonder how long after QNX BBOS will be supported.
    10-14-11 04:20 PM
    Couldn't you stay with BB OS7 at least for 4 or years? I wonder how long after QNX BBOS will be supported.
    Depends. If I was using a 9810 and they did hardware upgrades on the BB7 devices, I probably could.

If they stop offering theme development and essentially only allow app installs through appworld, then they essentially took two of the large flaws (imo) of IOS and brought it to BB... Currently you can sideload, but because of the way you have to do it right now most devs aren't going to bother releasing .bar files...
    10-14-11 04:23 PM
    The QNX BlackBerry devices that many are eagerly awaiting for will combine the BlackBerry device and PlayBook features. Basically, what Android is now.

If you read back over the forum you'll see a lot of BlackBerry users asking of OS7 has Flash, and a front facing camera. the disappointment that it won't. That's from Blackberry loyalists.

It seems people like to say a feature isn't needed, is uuseless, is stupid, when they don't have it on their device. But when that same feature is added to theory platform of choice they love it.

All you have to do to see this pattern is read back over CrackBerry history and archive. In fact, I can find specific users here that said these things before OS7 was detailed, and after, saying they don't want those "toy" features in their BBs.

It's just ironic is all. I'm sure we all do it. It's a way to cope with what you have and try to be satisfied.with it. Not really a bad thing.
    Being unnecessary and being stupid is very different, I only used one of those words. I had flash on my Evo and I loved it. Browsing is pretty much all I did with that phone, but considering that, the screen was actually tiny for even a portable browsing device. The other flaws outweighed Flash and slowly I realized everything became unnecessary. I am now so happy with the efficiency of Blackberry that I don't even think of Flash or angry birds (was an addiction)while on my phone. If I'm browsing for more than one page I pull out my bridged PlayBook.
    10-14-11 04:29 PM
    I do agree with that. The biggest thing I wanted that my 9630 didn't have was a good browser. I have a great one on my device now. But I'd like a larger sreen for that too. Not sure what I'd miss from Android if I went back to BB. I know what I miss going the opposite way.
    10-14-11 04:36 PM
287 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD