now days everybody think that they must have "the best" phone.. well, get over yourself and buy what works best for you.
    Sometimes it's just a branding - but it's all in your head.
    I am respecting Blackberry - For the QWERTY Keyboard, for the BBM and for the BIS.

this is Crackberry, go talk about iphone in the iphone forum.
    10-11-11 07:13 AM
    Besides, I don't know how they do things down south, but there are not many public asskickings up here in Canada. We tend to use words, not fists.
    Unless you play hockey.
    10-11-11 09:24 AM
    now days everybody think that they must have "the best" phone.. well, get over yourself and buy what works best for you.
    I am respecting Blackberry - For the QWERTY Keyboard, for the BBM and for the BIS.

Keep in mind the OP, a BlackBerry user, is the one that brought up the IPhone and posted a thread about it. They raised the topic. Others are simply replying. Effectively, the OP is tearing another phone down to make himself feel better about his phone. Pretty childish. Kind of like looking at a homeless person and feeling better about your life. That's not really the way to feel good. It's cheap.

It's not one-sided on CrackBerry. BlackBerry users also love to post when there are security threats with other platforms. Don't act like BlackBerry users are getting beat up on.

As well, some members use both BlackBerry and iPhone or Android. Or are condisering switching back to BB. Some just like to talk and compare, platforms.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-11-11 at 09:33 AM.
    10-11-11 09:27 AM
    I think a significant number of Verizon BB users are about to become iPhone users. I know a few Storm users who already ordered a 4s. I ordered one myself because I got tired of waiting for the 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 10:11 AM
    Keep in mind the OP, a BlackBerry user, is the one that brought up the IPhone and posted a thread about it. They raised the topic. Others are simply replying. Effectively, the OP is tearing another phone down to make himself feel better about his phone. Pretty childish. Kind of like looking at a homeless person and feeling better about your life. That's not really the way to feel good. It's cheap.

It's not one-sided on CrackBerry. BlackBerry users also love to post when there are security threats with other platforms. Don't act like BlackBerry users are getting beat up on.

As well, some members use both BlackBerry and iPhone or Android. Or are condisering switching back to BB. Some just like to talk and compare, platforms.
    Do you think every sports team that beats the other team is childish and cheap for celebrating a victory with their fans? especially when its the big game of the year? I am giving Apple a lot of credit for being such a great competitor. Your pretty sad yourself for even considering a bumb as your competition. I dont think a bumb could take my business, but if I saw a professional dressed like a "bumb", trying to get my business, it would make me appreciate the effort I put in to stay on top (you don't win by assuming your the best).
    Enjoy making ignorant decisions and comments, while you only pay attention to yourself and assuming your always better than your competition.
    Blackberry is my team and the release of the main competition (4S) makes for a good "game", that I FEEL" we've won. Am I the only person that feels this way?
    10-11-11 10:14 AM
    Blackberry is my team and the release of the main competition (4S) makes for a good "game", that I FEEL" we've won. Am I the only person that feels this way?
    Lol.

What did you personally win? Who is giving you this prize?
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    10-11-11 10:18 AM
    Do you think every sports team that beats the other team is childish and cheap for celebrating a victory with their fans? especially when its the big game of the year? I am giving Apple a lot of credit for being such a great competitor. Your pretty sad yourself for even considering a bumb as your competition. I dont think a bumb could take my business, but if I saw a professional dressed like a "bumb", trying to get my business, it would make me appreciate the effort I put in to stay on top (you don't win by assuming your the best).
    Enjoy making ignorant decisions and comments, while you only pay attention to yourself and assuming your always better than your competition.
    Yes, I do.
    10-11-11 10:20 AM
    Lol.

What did you personally win? Who is giving you this prize?
    I won pleasure my friend. If there was a stadium to release the 99x0 and the 4S at one place, I would seriously be there cheering on the Blackberry. I'm an admitted fan boy and FANS happen to get excited when their team wins. Kinda like those few people at the world cup, superbowl, F1 races, hockey games, and golf matches cheering, even though they left with nothing but joy and an overpriced beer belly.
    10-11-11 10:34 AM
    I guess a Million + pre-orders are wrong??????

RIM would kill for those types of numbers.......
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    10-11-11 10:36 AM
    Well, not really. Initial benchmarks of the iPhone 4S with iOS5 GM seems to blow the 9900 out of the water. I remember someone boasting about how fast the 9900 is compared to the 16-month old iP4 in Javascript benchmarks.. when it was just barely doing it. I can't bear to see a fair comparison between 9900 and iP4S (both released just 2 months apart).

BlackBerry OS 7 browser beats iOS, Android browsers - GSMArena.com news
    10-11-11 10:38 AM
    I won pleasure my friend. If there was a stadium to release the 99x0 and the 4S at one place, I would seriously be there cheering on the Blackberry. I'm an admitted fan boy and FANS happen to get excited when their team wins. Kinda like those few people at the world cup, superbowl, F1 races, hockey games, and golf matches cheering, even though they left with nothing but joy and an overpriced beer belly.
    Pleasure in what? The iPhone 4S outperforms every single BB in any benchmark thrown at it. The iPhone 4S has better hardware than any BB on the market.

What pleasure? Pleasure that it's not called the iPhone 5? Pleasure that it has the same screen? Pleasure that the design is the same?

What pleasure did you win? Are you pleased because you don't think the iPhone 4S is a big upgrade over the iPhone 4 so you are happy that you can use this to justify your purchase even more now?
    MissJennell#IM and Chrisy like this.
    10-11-11 10:43 AM
    Those sales don't mean much to me personally, for a win. What that means, is this company will be around to try longer (IMO and for this particular brand only). I'm happy we have brands working on different requirements, but the 4S brought absolutely nothing that I would need to make a switch to Apple's IOS from RIM's BBOS. I loved my 9930 eather way, the 4S release was just a celebrating moment for us.
    10-11-11 10:54 AM
    Lol what? You are celebrating that the iPhone 4S didn't make you want to leave your BB?

If you are so happy with your BB, why did you even have the thought that it would have made you want to switch?

If you are already so happy with your BB, why even contemplate the iPhone 4S to begin with?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 11:03 AM
    Well see son it's like this Companies make products. People buy products from the companies. Companies make a profit on the products that are sold. SMART companies take those profits and re-invest to make more and better products. People see better products and buy from companies.

So it kind of works like this the more a company sells the more profit they make. The more profit they make the more products they can improve and build.

RIM is losing ground and while they are too busy fixing their BIS servers. Other companies (Google and Apple) are making HUGE profits.

See it's economy 101.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 11:03 AM
    I think a significant number of Verizon BB users are about to become iPhone users. I know a few Storm users who already ordered a 4s. I ordered one myself because I got tired of waiting for the 9900.

Especially now that Verizon is offering a BBM only plan. Right now, it's available only on the CraptasticCurve, but I'm sure you could call Verizon and politely ask if they will let you use your existing phone, no matter what the model is. I plan on doing just that when I go iPhone if wifi won't let me use BBM after my Storm2 is dc'd.
    10-11-11 11:15 AM
    Well see son it's like this Companies make products. People buy products from the companies. Companies make a profit on the products that are sold. SMART companies take those profits and re-invest to make more and better products. People see better products and buy from companies.

So it kind of works like this the more a company sells the more profit they make. The more profit they make the more products they can improve and build.

RIM is losing ground and while they are too busy fixing their BIS servers. Other companies (Google and Apple) are making HUGE profits.

See it's economy 101.
    It really sounds like your implying that, because you may have passed economy 101, that if you were given all RIM, Apple and Google's money, you would be as or more successful as they have been, by pleasing every single person on the planet from wealthy to starving with all that money.
    Having cash does not suddenly make your product the perfect match for everyone and I'm sure you would agree. Apple is not focusing (spending profit) on the features I look for in a phone, they are focusing on what all those pre-orderers want. If we were all stuck on one OS, the camera, the processor, and app selection would be huge for me (still wouldnt use Siri, sorry)... but we are not. So unless Apple is going to change the direction of their successful business just for little ol' me, I will continue to appreciate my 9930 more than I would a 4S
    10-11-11 12:20 PM
    RIM yes my two year old would probably do better.
    10-11-11 12:26 PM
    So tell me what do you look for in a phone???? The most importants to you that Apple does NOT have.
    10-11-11 12:26 PM
    RIM yes my two year old would probably do better.
    may I ask what you or your two year old would advise RIM to do to continue to please their current customers (particularly Bold) and please all the Apple customers at the same time? I'm sure Apple could use some of these pointers as well to get us BB users over to their side. Or should they just forget about us wacko's?
    10-11-11 12:35 PM
    your right! It's kinda crazy how I let my own experience and opinions be the deciding factor in my life. If anyone reading this has yet to try, I highly recommend it, it is very liberating.
    You should have your opinion. Just don't state it as fact. Because it isn't fact. It is your opinion.

What about the people who have owned numerous blackberrys and purchased an iPhone... Are we sheep too?

I don't understand why everyone thinks that people who buy Apple products are sheep. As a consumer, I have nothing but positive things to say about my dealings with Apple and their support team. Had to call them concerning an issue my wife was having with her iPhone 4, and we got disconnected, the representative immediately called me back and apologized for the disconnection. That was my "wow" moment. It would have been very easy for them to wait for me to call again, but they didn't. And I appreciate that.

It's not always about the product. At some point the service and support after the sale has to count for something.
    Apparently we only by Apple products because Steve Jobs told us to. Not because we have used other smartphones and have come to the educated decision that an iPhone is what works best for us personally.

Try reading before shouting comments from the peanut gallery.
    She said she had to "convince" them to buy a Torch. Hardly sounds like the best choice for them.
    She said she convinced them. Which was bad wording on her part. But if you had read the rest of what she had written you would have understood that she got them the best phone for them.

I said nothing about access or anything you just ranted about. I said most people who pre-ordered haven't had a chance to use the 99x0. So they can't know what they're missing.

I love my 9930 even more now, after the release of the 4s because the 4s is a top competitor and it didn't bring any game changers for me.
    A lot of the people who preordered the 4s have had 2 months to use the 99xx. So yeah they have had a chance to use it. Way to make excuses though to make yourself feel better.

A lot of people on Crackberry have multiple phones. There is also an iPhone section on Crackberry. AND the OP is the one who brought up the 4s. Can we not respond to that part of his post? Are we only allowed to comment on the 99xx part of the post?

You keep saying that "we've won" but you don't back that up with any facts. Facts would get you a lot further in this debate.

P.S. The only way you win is by choosing the phone that works best for you. And also realizing that other platforms work best for other people. Not one platform is going to be the best for everybody. Putting down other platforms because it is not what works best for you is childish and close minded.

Those sales don't mean much to me personally, for a win. What that means, is this company will be around to try longer (IMO and for this particular brand only). I'm happy we have brands working on different requirements, but the 4S brought absolutely nothing that I would need to make a switch to Apple's IOS from RIM's BBOS. I loved my 9930 eather way, the 4S release was just a celebrating moment for us.
    How do sales not mean much? Sales mean a lot to a company. If you don't sell phones then you won't be around long as a company. It's fine if you personally don't want to switch to an i4s from your 9930 but to dog other people for doing so is ridiculous. The i4s has better specs and sales than the 9930 so how is it a celebrating moment?
    Accidental Post and Chrisy like this.
    10-11-11 12:57 PM
    Apple customers are quite happy. I said RIM, and my two year old would probably say like he does now "my iphone" and is quite content.

Apple does not worry about taking BB customers they seem to be coming over in droves.

And I ask again,what do you want in a phone that Apple does NOT have?
    10-11-11 12:59 PM
    Apple customers are quite happy. I said RIM, and my two year old would probably say like he does now "my iphone" and is quite content.

Apple does not worry about taking BB customers they seem to be coming over in droves.

And I ask again,what do you want in a phone that Apple does NOT have?
    BBM, battery life greater than one day with moderate/heavy usage, physical keyboard, ability to use it as a flash drive on linux computers, blackberry protect, 5 pushed email accounts condensed into one nice neat little folder.
    When an email from 1 important account comes in, i want to feel 5 small strong vibrations with a distinctive ping played twice. BBM's should have a different vibration than text's, and specific individuals also need their own vibration/noise combo. I know if it's important, or if it's just a buddy without reaching into my pocket.
    When i grab my phone, to call/text/email someone named say, veronika. I pick it up, type ver on my always available physical keyboard and click her name-which will be the first icon, unless i have more than one veronika, select my option and i am done. It's faster than what IOS offers, and i like it better.

I also use my phone as my alarm clock on the charging pod, and between 10 and 6, the display nicely fades into bedside mode and the LED is disabled. Nice touch.

Apple makes great products. The Iphone is a decent phone. But it is far slower to do simple tasks that i do all day. I've used both, this is just the truth. The only advantage any iphone has over my OS 6 BB is the browser. More screen, easier to navigate, no "page too big to load" bull**** that i detest. If i had a 9780 or 9900 this would cease to be a problem, and i will get one in due time. However, i want a phone i can simply message like a machine on and have everything organized. IOS was just annoying when it came to messaging imo.
    10-11-11 01:49 PM
    BBM, battery life greater than one day with moderate/heavy usage, physical keyboard, ability to use it as a flash drive on linux computers, blackberry protect, 5 pushed email accounts condensed into one nice neat little folder.
    When an email from 1 important account comes in, i want to feel 5 small strong vibrations with a distinctive ping played twice. BBM's should have a different vibration than text's, and specific individuals also need their own vibration/noise combo. I know if it's important, or if it's just a buddy without reaching into my pocket.
    When i grab my phone, to call/text/email someone named say, veronika. I pick it up, type ver on my always available physical keyboard and click her name-which will be the first icon, unless i have more than one veronika, select my option and i am done. It's faster than what IOS offers, and i like it better.

I also use my phone as my alarm clock on the charging pod, and between 10 and 6, the display nicely fades into bedside mode and the LED is disabled. Nice touch.

Apple makes great products. The Iphone is a decent phone. But it is far slower to do simple tasks that i do all day. I've used both, this is just the truth. The only advantage any iphone has over my OS 6 BB is the browser. More screen, easier to navigate, no "page too big to load" bull**** that i detest. If i had a 9780 or 9900 this would cease to be a problem, and i will get one in due time. However, i want a phone i can simply message like a machine on and have everything organized. IOS was just annoying when it came to messaging imo.
    Thats the type of stuff BB users love and need. Its difficult to explain in this generation of hardware names. OS is what makes a phone for me and the things you mentioned are things you cant put on an attractive poster or flyer.
    10-11-11 01:57 PM
    Troll. The apps work. Slink away...

Brainflys,

You sir are incorrect. I have at least 8 apps that did not make the cross platform transition. One of which is a $300 a year medical software. OS7 Needs to catch up on the apps. I'm a PROFESSIONAL who uses my phone for PROFESSIONAL things. OS7 has a bunch of GAMES and a bunch of WORTHLESS apps. Sadly the iPhone that everyone calls a "Toy" at least has 100+ times more PROFESSIONAL capabilities.

GB
    10-13-11 01:54 AM
    These threads are pointless but amusing. The hardcore fanboys for their 'chosen' platforms, the hugely ignorant posts from both sides (most of you have never really used the most recent from the others, but state you have), etc.

The real release for Apple is iOS 5, not the 4S, although it will sell awesome. There is a lot of parity across all the platforms, but that is not all that will shape people's choices.
    10-13-11 03:14 AM
287 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD