These threads are pointless but amusing. The hardcore fanboys for their 'chosen' platforms, the hugely ignorant posts from both sides (most of you have never really used the most recent from the others, but state you have), etc.

The real release for Apple is iOS 5, not the 4S, although it will sell awesome. There is a lot of parity across all the platforms, but that is not all that will shape people's choices.
    Why would someone state they have used a specific phone when they haven't. That is just stupid.
    10-13-11 11:28 AM
    The iPhone 4S isn't that much different from the iPhone 4, except the dual core CPU and better camera, but iOS 5 is what changes thing, however I've noticed lots of "new" features in iOS 5 are ripoffs from Android and Windows Mobile OS, and the guy in the video demonstrating iOS 5 was saying they "came up with" them... I had a good laugh at that one. And of course we all know where iMessanger came from.
    10-13-11 11:40 AM
    wouldn't you agree that the best camera on a phone doesn't make it a good camera by any photographers standard? I feel that the camera and lens on the 9930 is great and the shutter speed is unmatched by any of the high end phones I've used before. The "double camera click" shortcut and the super fast shutter speed is amazing for grabbing the quick shots that I don't want to miss. If I have time, I'm going to choose a full blown digital cam. over my friends IP. If I'm leaving the house to take shots then I bring the DSLR.

You can go to the iTunes store and download an app called almostDSLR for 99 cents, and yes, the iPhone 4 has the best camera of any smartphone.
    10-13-11 12:16 PM
    You can go to the iTunes store and download an app called almostDSLR for 99 cents, and yes, the iPhone 4 has the best camera of any smartphone.
    The camera on the 4S is better.
    10-13-11 12:21 PM
    The camera on the 4S is better.
    Its not on the market yet! Gotcha.
    10-13-11 12:42 PM
    Actually..I think most people would be agree that i4 from the 3GS was a major upgrade..whereas the 3 to the 3GS was a minor.

If this was RIM doing the upgrading..everyone would be on their feet cheering. How soon we forget RIM's idea of "upgrades"
    Storm 2: 256MB ram (up from 128)
    WiFi

I think that pretty much sums it up..
    no man spec wise....

if you had iphone 3gs there was no real reason fro ip4 unless you liked the new case they gave it.

many articles stated this...

heres one

If you own an iPhone 3GS, there’s only one real reason you should pay for an upgrade…the camera. - The Next Web

its called if you ahve a 3GS theres only 1 reason to upgrade to ip4 the camera.

The fact that you disagree means you never really owned an iphone before. am i right? hehe cuz i know alot of iphone users who say this to me all the time. 3gs to ip4 is a small jump.

some say, actually alot say the 3gs is the best iphone ever lol and is faster then ip4 internet wise. weird. search it up!!!

edit and the 3gs owners are going to 4gs now!!! I'm not an apple guy so I dont know much. all my info is what i hear from apple people.
    Last edited by freedomx20a; 10-13-11 at 11:33 PM.
    10-13-11 11:26 PM
    no man spec wise....

if you had iphone 3gs there was no real reason fro ip4 unless you liked the new case they gave it.

many articles stated this...

heres one

If you own an iPhone 3GS, there�s only one real reason you should pay for an upgrade�the camera. - The Next Web

its called if you ahve a 3GS theres only 1 reason to upgrade to ip4 the camera.

The fact that you disagree means you never really owned an iphone before. am i right? hehe cuz i know alot of iphone users who say this to me all the time. 3gs to ip4 is a small jump.

some say, actually alot say the 3gs is the best iphone ever lol and is faster then ip4 internet wise. weird. search it up!!!

edit and the 3gs owners are going to 4gs now!!! I'm not an apple guy so I dont know much. all my info is what i hear from apple people.
    better design
    better battery
    better camera
    better screen
    FFC
    Faster processor
    More RAM

but you are right only 1 of those matters at all
    10-13-11 11:40 PM
    One important think that the "small increment" crowd is not doing is measuring the finished products of the different platforms.

IOWs, instead of bemoaning how little of an improvement has been made from iteration of a device to the next, measure what the new device brings. How does i4S stack up against the competition? That is the what is important.

In that light, how non-existent the improvements are is a pointless assessment.
    10-13-11 11:49 PM
    I have an iPhone 4, and I'm gonna buy 4 iPhone 4S' just to teach RIM a lesson. Ya, that'll show em.
    10-13-11 11:53 PM
    I'm not an apple guy so I dont know much. all my info is what i hear from apple people.
    Speaks volumes.

(Disclaimer: I have an iPhone 4, and I do love it but it is not my main device)
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-13-11 11:55 PM
    the iPhone 4 has the best camera of any smartphone.
    Eh... the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 still has the best camera.
    10-14-11 10:05 AM
    The 3GS was the best for call quality though, no debating that vs. the debacle of the iPhone4 in all its problems. The iPhone4 had a slimmer design and a better battery and a faster browser, but as a phone, yes, 3GS was the best of the iPhones. I would have to imagine 4S will take that title though...
    10-14-11 10:50 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    for the professional .... Bold 9900 / 9930 is The standard.....
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    10-14-11 11:05 AM
    Eh... the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 still has the best camera.
    In what respects is the X10 camera better than the 4S camera.
    10-14-11 11:06 AM
    In what respects is the X10 camera better than the 4S camera.
    Read the quote in my post, nowhere did it say "4S". :P

The 4S a year and half later has the same specs as the Xperia X10's camera.
    10-14-11 11:20 AM
    Thats how I feel. My friend was showing me the grouped messaging on his IOS5 last night like it was the greatest thing... I wanted to say "ya I've always loved that feature about BlackBerry", but I refrained.

Is it possible that I would be getting better battery life on my 9930 after the BIS update? I got well over a day before the update, but I seem to be holding a greater charge since yesterday.
    10-14-11 01:04 PM
    What makes someone a professional? What's your definition? My ex owns his own business. So does my brother in law. They both have iPhones and use them for both business and pleasure needs.

Plenty of professionals use both BB and iOS and even Droid.
    10-14-11 01:12 PM
    I have seen the bb9930, iphone4 comparison on you tube. Nothing really marks them apart except for the apps (which I dont need anyway). OK, 4s may be faster than 4, but then, it does not really matter.

Since I love the BB platform, i guess I will stay with BB, but will wait till next year to see what happens with BBX. Else, upgrade to whatever is latest on BB.
    Last edited by graxyq; 10-14-11 at 01:18 PM.
    10-14-11 01:14 PM
    What makes someone a professional? What's your definition? My ex owns his own business. So does my brother in law. They both have iPhones and use them for both business and pleasure needs.

He just repeats that same statement over and over. That, and, "The 9000 is selling extremely well from what I hear." I actually had to put him on ignore because he is so redundant.

My dad owns his own business and uses an iPhone for that business. He's soon getting an iPad too because he got rid of his computer access since he only needs the iPhone for work.
    10-14-11 01:25 PM
    I have seen the bb9930, iphone4 comparison on you tube. Nothing really marks them apart except for the apps (which I dont need anyway). OK, 4s may be faster than 4, but then, it does not really matter.

Since I love the BB platform, i guess I will stay with BB, but will wait till next year to see what happens with BBX. Else, upgrade to whatever is latest on BB.
    That's kind of the whole idea with the iphone, that it remains fairly "standard" without much deviation.

Change confuses people in general.
    10-14-11 01:27 PM
    I still like blackberry phone but then they are missing some things that the iphone have and need to see that on the up and coming qnx blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 02:53 PM

What is your point here? He didn't say every single pro uses BB. I imagine you know what he meant, considering you just named all the professionals w/ IPhones's that you know on two fingers.
    Last edited by sir.dangerfield; 10-14-11 at 03:01 PM.
    10-14-11 02:59 PM
    He just repeats that same statement over and over. That, and, "The 9000 is selling extremely well from what I hear." I actually had to put him on ignore because he is so redundant.

My dad owns his own business and uses an iPhone for that business. He's soon getting an iPad too because he got rid of his computer access since he only needs the iPhone for work.
    With all his pep-rally statements..I'd almost think he was Mike Lazaridis..although he'd need to change his handle to "world traveler and soon to be former ceo"
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-14-11 at 03:14 PM.
    10-14-11 03:04 PM
    What is your point here? He didn't say every single pro uses BB. I imagine you know what he meant, considering you just named all the professionals w/ IPhones's that you know on two fingers.
    I'd like to know exactly what is classed as a "Professional" phone Because you can access emails? iphone-check, android-check, winmo-check. Because you can make phone calls,texts, and im's? iphone-check, android-check, winmo-check. Because you need to access flash enabled websites? Oh wait..I guess "professionals" must not need to do that..
    10-14-11 03:08 PM
    The funny is this:

When talking about their BlackBerry devices users repeatedly say they don't need Flash or Apps because their phones aren't toys!

But when bragging about their BlackBerry PlayBook they say it is the best tab because it has Flash! And they mostly all can't want for the Android Apps to come to PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-14-11 at 03:18 PM.
    10-14-11 03:12 PM
287 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD